Showing results 1 to 25 of 58
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Davey Crockett[_12_]
Forum: Racing February 16th 17, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
So Long

Well I think the time is right to bow out

Davey is now 80 years old and thinks it's time
to call it quits for rbr

So long to any who might still tune in here

--
Davey Crockett
Forum: Racing October 27th 16, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing

a écrit profondement:

| On Saturday, October 26, 1996 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, wrote:
| One of the old line bicycle shops in this city is closed. As I write,
Forum: Racing July 7th 16, 08:41 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
Davey feels better today

Does anyone remember the Raymond Poulidor short sidebar to the Tour a
couple of days ago.

Yeah. If you missed it, Poulidor's the guy with the Buxom Flanders
Red-Head wife, and the daughter married...
Forum: Racing June 4th 16, 08:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
No Kike Chix on Bikes

No freaking equality either.

https://www.rt.com/news/345385-israel-rabbi-ban-girls-bikes/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=RSS

--
Davey Crockett
Forum: Racing May 13th 16, 09:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Davey Crockett a écrit profondement:

| Bob Martin a écrit profondement:

| Great reporting Tom

....er BOB

--
Forum: Racing May 13th 16, 09:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 2
Giro d'Italia, stage 6 summary

Bob Martin a écrit profondement:

Great reporting Tom

Thanks

| Stage 6 : May 12, 2016 Ponte - Roccaraso 157 km
|
| 1 Tim Wellens (Bel) Lotto...
Forum: Racing April 27th 16, 09:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
Tour of Yorkshire WOMEN United Kingdom / 30 April

Data on hand to date

Last startlist changes26-04 09:47 Added KITCHEN Lauren AUS HPU
26-04 09:47 Added HATTELAND - LIMA Tone NOR HPU
26-04 09:47 Added GUDERZO Tatiana ITA HPU
26-04...
Forum: Racing April 20th 16, 09:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
Calendar: Coming up soon - Women

Startlists will be posted if/as/when they become availble

Cycling Calendar

20/04 La Fl¨¨che Wallonne - WE 1.WWT
21/04 - 24/04 Joe Martin Stage Race p/b Nature Valley WE 2.2
23/04 Omloop van...
Forum: Racing April 20th 16, 07:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
Tony Gibb Borks up Bigtime

He should have thrown the driver accross the road instead of the
keys.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-36084566
[Courtesy: BBC (British Bull**** Corporation)

--
Forum: Racing March 29th 16, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 1

Breaking Away (1979)

Small-town boys versus college jerks, a cyclist obsessed with
Italians, and some of the best fictional road-bike action ever
committed to film. It'll make you want to find an...
Forum: Racing March 29th 16, 09:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 1
Antoine Demoitie

Bob Martin a écrit profondement:

| http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/antoine-demoiti-dies-following-gent-wevelgem-crash/

Sad news indeed Bob

RIP Antoine Demoitie

--
Davey Crockett says Check out...
Forum: Racing March 22nd 16, 06:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Who the Hell does Cookson think he is?

He's going to screw around with the Vuelta now.

Even Phatty (Verbruggen's SteppenFetchit) knew better than that.

Lobby your local UCI affiliate to get...
Forum: Racing March 15th 16, 07:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
Shame on you UCI

Davey has intel that Motorized bikes have been used in the peloton
since 2008 (Right - Two Thousand and Eight)

And it isn't too way out to infer that the UCI knew about it.

So how come they dump on...
Forum: Racing March 2nd 16, 10:31 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
Paris-Nice Preliminary Startlist

Last startlist changes
01-03 22:31 Deleted HOWES Alex USA CPT
01-03 22:26 Added WIPPERT Wouter NED CPT
01-03 21:59 Added VAN EMDEN Jos NED TLJ
01-03 17:35 Deleted HOLST ENGER Sondre NOR IAM
01-03...
Forum: Racing February 28th 16, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 1
Race Coverage on Android Device

And if you missed watching K-B-K today, check out the programming
on Eurosport from my site and you will find there are several
replays

I might also add that to install the MOBDRO app, you need...
Forum: Racing February 28th 16, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 1
Race Coverage on Android Device

I have now for the last 15 years or so had a programme online
where virtually any sport event can be watched.

It works reasonably well on a computer, but is "Hit and Miss" on
an Android device.....
Forum: Racing February 28th 16, 04:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
American rider Evelyn Stevens sets cycling's hour record

Well done Evelyn

http://news.yahoo.com/american-rider-evelyn-stevens-sets-cyclings-hour-record-204516546--spt.html
--
Davey Crockett says Check out the Online Cycle Racing...
Forum: Racing February 27th 16, 10:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Well, are they?

Give us your thoughts

What about Stannard in last year's Omloop?

--
Davey Crockett says Check out the Online Cycle Racing...
Forum: Racing February 18th 16, 11:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Contador was safely in the bunch

Boonen took it easy it seems finishing Lanterne Rouge

A problem in Portugal, and around Albufeira in particular, are the
ubiquitous "roundabouts". They were of...
Forum: Racing February 18th 16, 11:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 1
Stage 1, Volta ao Algarve - Results

http://cdn.velonews.competitor.com/files/2016/02/SPTDW1001-661x440.jpg

[42nd Volta Algarve 2016 / Stage 1]
Marcel Kittel out-sprinted Andre Greipel in stage 1 of the Volta
ao Algarve. Photo: Tim...
Forum: Racing February 1st 16, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
'Motorised bike' confiscated at Cyclo-cross World Championships

Michael a écrit profondement:

| I do not see how it is possible to conceal some kind of functional
| motor inside the tube of a bicycle.

It would have to be in the bottom bracket most...
Forum: Racing January 31st 16, 05:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
'Motorised bike' confiscated at Cyclo-cross World Championships

Davey Crockett a écrit profondement:

| A bicycle has been confiscated at the Cyclo-cross World
| Championships in Belgium after it was allegedly found to contain a
| motor.

Davey sez:

Don't...
Forum: Racing January 31st 16, 05:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
'Motorised bike' confiscated at Cyclo-cross World Championships

A bicycle has been confiscated at the Cyclo-cross World
Championships in Belgium after it was allegedly found to contain a
motor.

The International Cycling Union (UCI) said it was investigating...
Forum: Racing January 25th 16, 10:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 2
Giant-Alpecin wiped out by British woman driver

Martin Borsje a écrit profondement:

| Don't forget to mention that the British woman was driving on the
| wrong side of the road!

Sorry about that, but first news came from a local radio...
Forum: Racing January 24th 16, 04:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 2
Giant-Alpecin wiped out by British woman driver

Six Giant-Alpecin riders are in hospital after being struck by a car
driven by a British woman while training in Spain.
--
http://inconnu.freeshell.org/sportsite
http://bellacanela.com