Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: HaloTupolev
Forum: Techniques December 16th 17, 12:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By HaloTupolev
Road Tires: Width vs Speed Penalties?

1. If you run at Jan Heine's recommended pressures and weigh 230 lbs
ike me, handling will be unstable. The tire starts to collapse as you
lean it into corners. I run 50 psi in the front...
Forum: Techniques December 16th 17, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By HaloTupolev
Road Tires: Width vs Speed Penalties?

Road bike slicks last 1100-2500mi depending on type and brand. If the
sidewalls hold out that long which isn't always the case.

My current rear Compass Rat Trap Pass Extralight has about 2,000...
Forum: Techniques December 16th 17, 12:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By HaloTupolev
Road Tires: Width vs Speed Penalties?

but don't say
anything about width-vs-speed penalties.

Compass generally claims that width itself doesn't cause significant differences in net performance.

I can't remember which issue it was...
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3