Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: dave[_2_]
Forum: General October 29th 11, 12:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By dave[_2_]
Wanted J.C. Higgins Crank / Driveside

oops, thanks, does helicoil have that?
Forum: General October 28th 11, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By dave[_2_]
Wanted J.C. Higgins Crank / Driveside

thanks thirty-six,
i wound up finding one. a mechanic friend of mine said "timeserts"
are better than helicoils, so i'll eventually fix the stripped one.

http://www.timesert.com/html/inchsert.html
Forum: Marketplace October 18th 11, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 2
Posted By dave[_2_]
Wanted - J.C. Higgins Crank / Driveside

thanks gregory,
i'm looking into that and many other options. my understanding is that
i need a tap with the correct t.p.i. and diameter to receive the
helicoil, and a helicoil with the correct...
Forum: Marketplace October 18th 11, 12:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 2
Posted By dave[_2_]
Wanted - J.C. Higgins Crank / Driveside

Hello,

I'm looking for a J.C. Higgins crank drive side, one with J.C.
Higgins "in the spider" of the chainring. The one I have has stripped
threads where it receives the pedal. The length of the...
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5