Showing results 1 to 25 of 32
Search took 0.16 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jackbike
Forum: UK October 22nd 09, 02:07 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 208
Posted By Jackbike
Goodbye uk.rec.cycling; Helllo U.R.C.moderated

"wafflycat" wrote in message

wrote in message
Forum: UK August 24th 09, 04:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Jackbike
Jumping gears

I would of said new chain, worn cassette causing jumping. Either change the
chain very regularly ( how often is 'regularly' is a matter of great
debate), or change chain and castette together....
Forum: UK August 21st 09, 02:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 58
Posted By Jackbike
Less roads more relief.

What would happen to road congestion in the UK next week if the entire
motorway (and similar standard new-build trunk road) network of the last
fifty-one years could be made to completely...
Forum: UK June 26th 09, 10:46 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Jackbike
Off topic- New Scientist late/never delivery

Seemed to happen on and off, shifted from a Thursday delevery to a Friday
about the same time. OK lately (last month or so though).

Still a lot more reliable than CTC mag.
Forum: UK June 26th 09, 09:26 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Jackbike
Rain!

"Marc" wrote in message
I Think I'm odd! Possibly for lots of reasons, but the one I'm thinking
about now is that...
Forum: UK May 29th 09, 08:41 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Jackbike
They tuck you up, your mum and dad

What a pleasant ride in this morning. Sunshine, birds singing, (although not
as many as there used to be), God up in heaven and all well with the world.
All across town, nothing but courtesy and...
Forum: UK May 8th 09, 01:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 135
Posted By Jackbike
A possible solution to the trolling problem on this news group

I, for one would like my cycling newsgroup back please. Count me as
interested.

Forum: UK May 1st 09, 02:42 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 115
Posted By Jackbike
Do *You* Hate Motorists? Take The Test

I bet you believe that the Green Cross Man was a satanist

Or Darth Vader at the very least.
Forum: UK April 17th 09, 09:09 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 50
Posted By Jackbike
More public handouts for motorists but not for cyclists.

That's going to be really popular when people find their car has not
aquired a full charge overnight, so they can't drive to work.
Maybe they'll get on the bike instead?

LOL : ¬{O That's...
Forum: UK April 7th 09, 03:00 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Replies: 71
Posted By Jackbike
Streets reclaimed again!

*continuously*. For most of a flight the pilot can allow his mind to
wander, take his hands and feet off the controls to stretch, turn and
chat to his passenger, read a map or a...
Forum: UK March 31st 09, 03:49 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 94
Posted By Jackbike
Anyone see Sir Alan's energy cycling drink, Mail on Sunday?

Actually, does anyone know how they came to decide on the 12mph figure?

The standard quotes impact velocity of 5.42 and 4.57 m/s, which are
theoretically equivalent to a drop height of 1497 mm...
Forum: UK March 9th 09, 03:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 408
Posted By Jackbike
Invisible cyclists - invisible lights

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
Ridiculous letter from a car driver who can describe "invisible cyclists"
Forum: UK February 23rd 09, 01:13 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 752
Posted By Jackbike
On my head be it if I don't wear a helmet

It looks much more like a bibliography (and as uncheckable as
bibliographies almost always are).

ref (2)...
Forum: UK February 20th 09, 09:46 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 40
Posted By Jackbike
Cars pulling out of junctions

"Danny Colyer" wrote in message
On 19/02/2009 18:38, AndyC wrote:
It's a two wheeled phenomenon. They see, but...
Forum: UK October 10th 08, 09:13 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Jackbike
Super Galaxy 2008 vs 725-based tourers

I was warned about Dawes wheels here before I bought, and whoever told me
they were crap was spot on...

Had the same problem with my super Galaxy. I have a laboratory, so got the
spokes...
Forum: UK August 29th 08, 10:06 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
Posted By Jackbike
Eestate agent "inadvertently" apologises for bad driving.

..

"I can only take this opportunity to apologise inadvertently to you and"

A savage condemnation of the educational system. Explains a lot though.

Forum: UK August 26th 08, 11:17 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 158
Posted By Jackbike
Roundabouts

At this point I think we're down to people who know damn well she's a
troll, sock puppets who know perfectly well she's a troll but lie about
it, and confused newcomers. Have I missed...
Forum: UK August 21st 08, 01:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 158
Posted By Jackbike
Roundabouts

Yep, I'm with Dave on this one. 700 posts, anyone want to take the bet?*

* I am not willing to bet. This was posted for humorous effect. Humour is
not mentioned in either Cyclecraft or the...
Forum: UK August 12th 08, 02:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Replies: 194
Posted By Jackbike
Car Passenger Knocks of Cyclist - An Answer

..

Should I tell them about practicing safe sex too, or can I leave that to
their own discretion?

I always take precautions during sex. I give a false name and address.

Forum: UK August 12th 08, 02:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 47
Posted By Jackbike
Share the road - IoAM

It was yonks ago but it always sticks in my mind and I've done my best to
keep the calm attitude in mind when I've been cut up or whatever myself.
In your case, if you'd replaced your glare...
Forum: UK August 12th 08, 01:02 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 87
Posted By Jackbike
Death of this group.

It seems that the decline in the publican industry is the trend in the 21st
century. The number of pubs serving decent food correlates well with tiger
populations. This can only be bad news for...
Forum: UK August 12th 08, 12:24 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 87
Posted By Jackbike
Death of this group.

On the plus side, while some people are responding to the group, (and after
all, how long does it take to type all those replies), they are not out
clogging up the roads. If their driving skills...
Forum: UK May 6th 08, 10:35 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Jackbike
Collision

I think that may be the case. We have now been told that the driver is
to be charged with Driving Without Due Care and Attention. Apparently,
he was bemused at this idea, not understanding that...
Forum: UK September 25th 07, 11:49 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 82
Posted By Jackbike
Jail for 172mph Porsche motorist

If people want to drive like that, why can't they go to a
race track or airfield?

When I used to fly at North Weald, the glider winch wire (bit like a
1kilometre long cheesecutter) took the roof...
Forum: UK September 20th 07, 03:54 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24
Posted By Jackbike
Buying a Brompton

Common sense has prevailed, and I'm seriously thinking of buying a Brompton
for shopping and daily commute (12 miles each way), but the choices, oh the
choices.

Is the 6 speed option worth...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 32