Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 1.48 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: olduniman
Forum: Unicycling January 8th 09, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By olduniman
Frustrations Learning to Ride: Mental Block and *Really* Sore Knees?

Your practice sessions of one hour or more sound rather long for a
beginner. There is a lot of tension associated with unicycling at the
start so you just may be pushing too hard. I had a lot of...
Forum: Unicycling December 3rd 08, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By olduniman
3-speed Unicycle

poofengle;1142044 wrote:
Here's some pictures of a custom built 10 speed unicycle, and 'here'
(http://tinyurl.com/64dqlb)'s a link to the page I found it on
Pretty neat eh?

Does anyone know...
Forum: Unicycling November 29th 08, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 25
Posted By olduniman
What unicycle should I get next?

Being at the old end of the spectrum my comments may not apply to Allan,
but here are some of my thoughts:

- If your aim is just to get a workout, any uni will do
- But a 24 in unicycle is much...
Forum: Unicycling November 24th 08, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By olduniman
Advice please on the best way to start learning to freemount.

munimutant;1136840 wrote:
For me, it clicked when I realized you really need to FEATHER your
weight over the back pedal as you step up and put your weight on the
seat. You want to try and keep...
Forum: Unicycling September 11th 08, 10:19 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By olduniman
Are you 45+

Not knowing about this thread I started another for the +55 crowd.

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72724

It is great that there are so many older unicyclists. :)

--...
Forum: Unicycling June 22nd 08, 08:00 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By olduniman
Ride The Lobster - What's Happening?

nexty wrote:
Final results...

http://tinyurl.com/6c92fw

Isn't there something wrong here? Total time of 12+ hours for the
winners?
Forum: Unicycling May 21st 08, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By olduniman
Tendon pain from distance unicycling with the guni

I have been suffering this pain lately on the top of my left foot. It
aches at night when I am in bed. Using info from the net it appears to
be tendinitis due to overuse. I only free-mount with my...
Forum: Unicycling November 5th 07, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 41
Posted By olduniman
Best 29-er for me?

anton005 wrote:
Sorry if I offended, was supposed to be humorous.

Many Apologies,
Anton

No worries Anton, I am glad someone remembers the sliderule. But you're
right, my post does...
Forum: Unicycling November 3rd 07, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 41
Posted By olduniman
Best 29-er for me?

I have just moved up from a Bedford 24 inch with a hookworm tire (tire
diameter = 24.9 in) to a KH 29 with a street tire (diameter 27.8 in).
The new uni I bought from Darren is lighter and easier to...
Forum: Unicycling August 3rd 07, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By olduniman
Uni Acronyms

idiorythmic wrote:
I think you meant X-M-D. ;) Coincidentally I just got an email from a
guy who said the very same thing. Come to think of it, he's from
Canada as you are...hey it's YOU! ...
Forum: Unicycling August 3rd 07, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By olduniman
Uni Acronyms

We all know UPD = UnPlanned Dismount. After a longish ride I came up
with XPD = eXhausted, Must Dismount. Are there any others in common
use? How about UPDb = UnPlanned Dismount (with) bleeding?...
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11