Don't hassle me - I'm riding my bike by AMuzi
https://710wor.iheart.com/content/2020-07-02-armed-bicyclist-fatally-shoots-driver-in-road-rage-incident/ With any luck some jerks will take the lesson to...
Cassette change? by Mark Cleary[_3_]
I am easy on drive-train's. I get 6000 miles on chains without going over the limit on 11 speed shimano. My question is right now my cassette a 11-28 has some...
Today 06:58 PM
by Mark J. Go to last post
1 9 Techniques
I never thought I'd wear a necktie with a bike jersey. by Joy Beeson
It's a puffy white cravat that I can pull up over my mouth and nose when I get off. It's a very simple mask that doesn't call for anything that's hard...
Two-year-old cycling on Sheffield ring road by Simon Mason[_6_]
Who would have thought that this was possible a few years ago? https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EcgH8S9WAAAI7bA?format=jpg&name=medium VIDEO...
Letters: We drivers need to accept the consequences of introducingour lethal machines on to the road by Simon Mason[_6_]
QUOTE: YOU report that police will assiduously enforce the law against drivers who overtake cyclists too close, and that every week in Scotland at least three...
Pedestrians' poor habits drive bad behaviour of motorists and cyclists by Simon Mason[_6_]
QUOTE: In the city I find the traffic lights/pedestrian crossing is often the flashpoint for conflict, writes Michael Moynihan Michael Moynihan: Pedestrians'...
Yakima or Thule by SMS
On Monday, July 6, 1998 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Mark Williamson wrote: I recently purchased a Volvo S70 and would like to add a roof rack. I have previously...
Today 04:34 PM
by SMS Go to last post
0 7 Techniques
Cycling safety: Passing distance signs a 'UK first' by Simon Mason[_6_]
The first of many one hopes - especially for idiot horse box drivers. QUOTE: Cyclists taking to mountain roads in one part of Wales will see new signs...
nifty multitool by Lou Holtman[_5_]
Fits into the hollow axes of the GRX crankset and is held by a...
by Lou Holtman[_5_] Go to last post
14 118 Techniques
Difference in Garmin Edge Models? by [email protected]
Can anyone tell me the difference between the Garmin Edge models? For instance - what is the difference between a 520 and a 530? I think that one of mine is an...
Today 01:40 PM
by Roger Merriman[_4_] Go to last post
7 47 Techniques
Salisbury cycling group ‘wholly supports’ pedestrianisation by Simon Mason[_6_]
QUOTE: A CYCLING group has said it is ‘wholly supportive’ of Wiltshire Council’s plans to pedestrianise Salisbury city centre. In plans revealed to the...
Cycling groups to have a say on improvements by Simon Mason[_6_]
QUOTE: CYCLE trails and footpaths are set to be improved across North Yorkshire and interested groups are being asked what they want to see. Cycling and...
VIDEO - Coventry's bicycle mayor hopes for cycling revolution in city by Simon Mason[_6_]
QUOTE: The UK’s first city bicycle mayor believes the coronavirus pandemic has created a “golden opportunity” for cycling to become a bigger part of the...
Near Miss of the Day 438: Horsebox driver overtakes cyclist soclosely that rider could bang the door by Simon Mason[_6_]
Police have been informed. QUOTE: Some close passes are closer than others - including the one in this video in which the driver of a horsebox overtook a...
Fat tire riders look like "fat heads." by [email protected]
Unless the stupid bike is powered, why endure that ridiculous rolling resistance?
by Jeff Liebermann Go to last post
62 232 Techniques
First switchel of the season by Joy Beeson
Sigh. I was supposed to be in shape to ride forty miles of the Tour des Lakes this weekend, and I'm getting ready to carry tea and switchel for the first...
Remembering how to tie my shoes, going back for a do-rag by Frank Krygowski[_4_]
On 7/1/2020 11:36 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote: On 7/1/2020 12:18 AM, Joy Beeson wrote: I'd made a couple of short rides in my grubbies, in case I had...
by Radey Shouman Go to last post
67 306 Techniques
Disc Failure by AMuzi
There's a lot wrong here but the flopping disc and loosened bolts have worn into the fork...
by Roger Merriman[_4_] Go to last post