Replies: 2
Posted By John[_24_]
this riding thing

On 2012-04-28, Zebee Johnstone wrote:
This riding thing is fun when you do it enough to manage the hard
bits.

As the Italian motorcycle has Japanese Electrics Problems, I...
Forum: Australia June 18th 11, 09:18 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 25
Posted By John[_24_]
2 punctures in one ride

On 2011-06-15, thefathippy wrote:
I've successfully used a Mars Bar wrapper to stop a dodgy sidewall
eating tubes.

Eat Mars Bar. Place wrapper on inside of tyre at...
Forum: Australia April 24th 11, 03:29 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By John[_24_]
I usually stay upright on my bike unless I fall :)

On 2011-04-23, Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:

I have no idea how I come across articles like these but there you go.

BTW, I am off for a 3-week break as I figured you all needed some
Forum: Australia March 23rd 11, 08:05 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 4
Posted By John[_24_]
My impressions of Canberra - from a cycling POV

On 2011-03-22, BT Humble wrote:
Geoff Lock wrote:

For all it's shortcomings, eg WHERE ARE THE FRIGGING PUBS AT 2300 ON A
SUNDAY...
Forum: Australia March 14th 11, 10:37 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 29
Posted By John[_24_]
Riding to Canberra

On 2011-03-12, suzyj wrote:
On Mar 11, 9:25Â*am, Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:

Audax 600? Bloody hell, I have heard of Audax 300 and I reckon they are
mad - stark...
Forum: Australia March 9th 11, 08:29 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 11
Posted By John[_24_]
Tyre pressures

On 2011-03-09, Theo Bekkers wrote:

That makes sense but I always rode on 23mm tyres. This chart suggests that
at 110 my rear tyre may have been underinflated.

As...
Forum: Australia March 9th 11, 07:55 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 11
Posted By John[_24_]
Tyre pressures

On 2011-03-08, Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:
On 8/03/2011 9:53 PM, John wrote:
45 in the front, 65 in the rear. 700Cx32 tyres. I put a bit more in
the rear tyres if I have a heavy load in...
Forum: Australia March 9th 11, 07:39 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By John[_24_]
Ping suzij

On 2011-03-08, F Murtz wrote:
Can you silver solder titanium?
Or how do you work with titanium frames?

I'm pretty sure titanium has to be TIG welded. It's supposed to...
Forum: Australia March 8th 11, 11:05 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 22
Posted By John[_24_]
Back to the torch

On 2011-02-28, suzyj wrote:
On Feb 25, 3:18Â*pm, Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:

You almost done with the frame yet? Can't be too much left to go.

I just need to run...
Forum: Australia March 8th 11, 10:53 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 11
Posted By John[_24_]
Tyre pressures

On 2011-03-08, noemail@nowhere noemail@nowhere wrote:
I use 120 front and rear ( or them Max rated pressure for the tire)
On Tue, 08 Mar 2011 16:46:29 +1100, Geoff Lock glock@home...
Forum: Australia February 4th 11, 06:49 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 10
Posted By John[_24_]
The physics in cycling

On 2011-02-03, Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:
OK, please bear with me as I lead up to how I got onto my torts on
physics in cycling...

According to this article...
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11