Showing results 1 to 25 of 128
Search took 0.18 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Naomi
Forum: Unicycling January 10th 09, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Naomi
Does MUni impact the trail more than MTB?

harper;1167585 wrote:
Road damage is proportional to the 4th power of the axle load. A MUni
has one axle, a bike has two. If the MUni and the bike weigh the same,
and the riders weigh the...
Forum: Unicycling January 8th 09, 09:59 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Naomi
Frustrations Learning to Ride: Mental Block and *Really* Sore Knees?

Been said many times before but: In my experience many novices THINK
they have much of their weight on the seat. In reality they still have
a lot of weight on the pedals, meaning the right leg is...
Forum: Unicycling November 13th 08, 07:00 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 56
Posted By Naomi
Giraffe Discussion Thread

johnfoss;1130179 wrote:
You really get what you pay for. You can beef up the wheel though, with
a stronger rim and solid wheel-build, but the drivetrain will still be
that of a giraffe. It's...
Forum: Unicycling August 14th 08, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By Naomi
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Back from a few weeks abroad, and still during the university holidays,
I was able to take the time for a couple of rides.
I don't normally like pre-prepared comebacks, but having been out on...
Forum: Unicycling June 2nd 08, 06:46 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Naomi
Is a DM giraffe any good?

unicycleben wrote:
WOOP WOOP WOOP!!!! Im am soon to be the proud owner of a DM Giraffe
unicycle! Fingers crossed it will arrive by the weekend!

It is an excellent machine, and at a very good...
Forum: Unicycling June 1st 08, 07:54 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Naomi
Is a DM giraffe any good?

nickjb wrote:
They are excellent. Really well made, popular with performers as they
are bomb proof. They are very heavy, though, not that it makes much
difference.

I thought I would weigh...
Forum: Unicycling May 31st 08, 08:15 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By Naomi
Alaska 2008: The Dalton Highway Write-Up (Long)

There are no words I could write that would convey just how much I was
astonished by this lunatic crazy expedition. I am privileged to be
able to read it.

Nao

--
Naomi
Forum: Unicycling April 9th 08, 09:52 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By Naomi
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

I took advantage of a rare bit of dry weather for one of my even rarer
rides the other day.
A passer-by said

"Ah, one wheel short of a full bicycle."

Now I have had a similar comment before and...
Forum: Unicycling March 19th 08, 07:37 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 59
Posted By Naomi
Crazy Jump Competition

muzzle wrote:
Check out Joe's 6 stair up, and CRAZY rock gap. In this video.
http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=ljdvaBPDrc0
The gap is probably nearer the end, and the 6 stair up is at the...
Forum: Unicycling March 18th 08, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By Naomi
Lidl Special - Unicycles

The local juggling club bought three of these unicycles. They have
found that the ten domed nuts underneath the seats were all
loose...falling off loose on just the second evening of very...
Forum: Unicycling March 11th 08, 07:34 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 77
Posted By Naomi
I'm thinking of giving up.

Tyler_N wrote:
5 hours a day and you should be able to ride across the street in a day
or two. At least that is how long it took me.

No! After that amount of practice, you should be able...
Forum: Unicycling March 10th 08, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 77
Posted By Naomi
I'm thinking of giving up.

harper wrote:

The mantra (you've heard it all before):

Weight on the seat, not on the pedals.
Look ahead, not down.
Weight on the seat, not on the pedals.
Good posture.
Weight on...
Forum: Unicycling March 10th 08, 01:33 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By Naomi
Lidl Special - Unicycles

The LIDL unicycle is from a company called B-Square ( German). Fairly
basic, but worth the 25 quid if you are not financially suited to a KH.

3 year warranty, but excludes fair wear and tear of...
Forum: Unicycling March 8th 08, 08:02 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By Naomi
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Rowan wrote:
As a unicycle I heard a funny comment from a non rider who is trying to
become a rider- .

Please lie down on the couch Rowan, and then tell me exactly how long
you think you...
Forum: Unicycling February 2nd 08, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Naomi
what makes this unicycle female?

Mikefule wrote:
LOL.:D

I think perhaps the poster has mistaken it for a ship. Ships are
referred to as she.

Alternatively, he thinks it's female because he can't understand it,
Forum: Unicycling February 2nd 08, 09:01 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Naomi
what makes this unicycle female?

leo wrote:
When I looked at 'this description' (http://tinyurl.com/2kschs) I wonder
what makes that unicycle having the "girls" gender?

Obvious: no crossbar.
Forum: Unicycling January 29th 08, 08:56 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 66
Posted By Naomi
Exciting News for 36" enthusiasts

Kerv wrote:
Isn't January almost over? Has the date for disclosing the big secret
moved to February? If the date pushes back any farther, it will feel
like the lauch of the next version of...
Forum: Unicycling January 26th 08, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 70
Posted By Naomi
Let's here it from the women.

Divebomber wrote:
What?

Apologies: too subtle for you I guess.

Nao
Forum: Unicycling January 26th 08, 04:02 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 70
Posted By Naomi
Let's here it from the women.

Divebomber wrote:
I'm a chick. Can't ride unassisted yet though....

Good plan. ;-)

--
Forum: Unicycling January 13th 08, 10:58 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67

There are times when, reading through these fora, I feel that it is not
just the dogs, but also some unicyclists who should be on a leash...
and the response to that is NOT "Yes...
Forum: Unicycling January 12th 08, 08:19 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By Naomi
Dealing with dogs

Unibugg wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/2axxpu

Some things never change. ;)

Despite the old fashioned language, that is so very descriptive. I can
picture every problem he had with this penny...
Forum: Unicycling January 12th 08, 09:51 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By Naomi
Dealing with dogs

Mikefule wrote:
Dogs are intelligent animals, and their behaviour is usually predictable
and manageable. .

Some useful knowledge there Mike. But I confess that I don't like
dogs at all,...
Forum: Unicycling January 12th 08, 09:45 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By Naomi
Dealing with dogs

Mikefule wrote:
Dogs are intelligent animals, and their behaviour is usually predictable
and manageable. .

Some useful knowledge there Mike. But I confess that I don't like
dogs at all,...
Forum: Unicycling November 30th 07, 07:13 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 47
Posted By Naomi
my uni got jacked!!(i got it back)

Hazmat wrote:
While i was riding my unicycle with some friends. A thief try to steal
my friends 51" monster in broad daylight. But when he saw my scorpion
shaking its tail like crazy. He ran...
Forum: Unicycling November 23rd 07, 04:14 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 59
Posted By Naomi
Stopped by the Police

mark williamson wrote:
Just to post a cop (although not uni) story... I was out b*king with a
friend of mine this evening and a police car passed us as we were
riding along. Later on we'd...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 128