Showing results 1 to 25 of 73
Search took 2.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: gpsman
Forum: Techniques May 13th 13, 03:06 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 82
Posted By gpsman
CHARTING THE ATTEMPT BY GENE DANIELS aka DATAKOLL TO TAKE OVERrec. bicycles.tech (RBT)

On May 12, 2:48*pm, Andre Jute wrote:
I thought it might be amusing to chart the attempts by Gene Daniels aka Datakoll to take over the rec. bicycles.tech newsgroup...
Forum: Techniques May 12th 13, 01:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 30
Posted By gpsman
custom wheels

On May 11, 11:04*pm, Curtis wrote:

Was going to wait until I reached the lower weight, but have decided to
return my old road bike to service by Father's Day, looking...
Forum: Techniques May 11th 13, 01:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 175
Posted By gpsman
IS CYCLING SAFE? by Andre Jute

On May 10, 6:40*pm, wrote:
On Friday, May 10, 2013 2:11:38 PM UTC-4, sms wrote:

If cyclists could be

educated to employ these actions and this equipment, it would have...
Forum: Techniques May 8th 13, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 175
Posted By gpsman
IS CYCLING SAFE? by Andre Jute

On May 8, 2:34*pm, Andre Jute wrote:
If bicycling causes fewer
injuries than beds plus doors, should it be treated as excessively
dangerous? Furthermore, data
show that...
Forum: Techniques May 8th 13, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 175
Posted By gpsman
IS CYCLING SAFE? by Andre Jute

On May 8, 12:51*pm, Andre Jute wrote:

I'd demonstrate one of Krygowski's lies, say the one at the top of page 3, to make the point, but Krygowski, knowing he would be called...
Forum: Techniques May 8th 13, 01:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 175
Posted By gpsman
IS CYCLING SAFE? by Andre Jute

On May 8, 7:33*am, John B. wrote:
On Tue, 7 May 2013 20:26:00 -0700 (PDT), gpsman
wrote:
On May 7, 8:01*pm, John B. ...
Forum: Techniques May 8th 13, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 175
Posted By gpsman
IS CYCLING SAFE? by Andre Jute

On May 7, 8:01*pm, John B. wrote:
On Tue, 7 May 2013 06:01:24 -0700 (PDT), gpsman

wrote:

Every "serious" cyclist executes emergency...
Forum: Techniques May 7th 13, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 175
Posted By gpsman
IS CYCLING SAFE? by Andre Jute

On May 7, 2:56*pm, wrote:
On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 12:46:16 PM UTC-4, gpsman wrote:
On May 7, 11:03*am, wrote:
On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 9:01:24 AM...
Forum: Techniques May 7th 13, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 175
Posted By gpsman
IS CYCLING SAFE? by Andre Jute

On May 7, 11:03*am, wrote:
On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 9:01:24 AM UTC-4, gpsman wrote:
On May 5, 11:49*am, Andre Jute wrote:

Everyone must make up...
Forum: Techniques May 7th 13, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On May 7, 11:18*am, Andre Jute wrote:
On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 2:01:24 PM UTC+1, gpsman wrote:
On May 5, 11:49*am, Andre Jute wrote:

Everyone...
Forum: Techniques May 7th 13, 02:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 175
Posted By gpsman
IS CYCLING SAFE? by Andre Jute

On May 5, 11:49*am, Andre Jute wrote:

Everyone must make up his own mind. But I decided long ago that the
health benefits of cycling outweigh the per hour/per trip...
Forum: Techniques April 19th 13, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By gpsman
Disc Rotor: Anybody Else Worn One Out?

On Apr 19, 8:39*am, Nate Nagel wrote:

Mud and grit will accelerate wear, so will pad choice. *I don't know

You're right, again.

if
it pertains to bicycle disc brakes...
Forum: Techniques March 12th 13, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 141
Posted By gpsman
My CF Adventure

On Mar 12, 6:06*pm, Nate Nagel wrote:
On 03/12/2013 02:36 PM, Duane H bert wrote:

I think that the analogy doesn't quite work with a bike though. *A good
fit on the...
Forum: Techniques March 11th 13, 08:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 141
Posted By gpsman
My CF Adventure

On Mar 11, 4:09*pm, Jay Beattie wrote:

Epilog -- I went out the next day on my CAAD 9. *Ahhh, nothing like a
bike that fits.

Is there a substitute...?
-----

-...
Forum: Techniques February 12th 13, 01:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By gpsman
Mat for indoor trainer

On Feb 11, 8:31*pm, OccasionalFlyer wrote:
Thanks for all this input. *The tile in our condo is on a concrete slab but I hadn't thought about load on the tiles.

Shouldn't be...
Forum: Techniques January 2nd 13, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 85
Posted By gpsman
Dropout spacing

On Jan 2, 3:39*pm, wrote:

Would spreading the frame be considered an acceptable fix to the problem, and would 8mm be considered an acceptable manufacturing...
Forum: Techniques December 11th 12, 12:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By gpsman
Rear light that combines LEDs and Lasers

On Dec 10, 9:08*pm, somebody wrote:

OK, please raise your hand if you think:
- A motorist can see it.
- And it will make a bit of difference.

The important thing is...
Forum: General December 7th 12, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 14
Posted By gpsman
Relative risk

On Dec 6, 9:02*pm, Frank Krygowski wrote:
New paper out of Britain:

http://road.cc/content/news/71717-govt-stats-over-state-risks-cycling...

The researchers claim the...
Forum: Techniques December 7th 12, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 17
Posted By gpsman
Relative risk

On Dec 6, 9:02*pm, Frank Krygowski wrote:
New paper out of Britain:

http://road.cc/content/news/71717-govt-stats-over-state-risks-cycling...

The researchers claim the...
Forum: Techniques November 29th 12, 03:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By gpsman
Emergency DC Rulemaking to Clarify Prohibition on U-turns acrossBicycle Lanes

Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Mayor Gray Announces Emergency Rulemaking to Clarify Prohibition on U-
turns across Bicycle Lanes

Action Comes in Response to Concerns about Cyclists’...
Forum: Techniques October 1st 12, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By gpsman
Helmets and public bike-sharing success

On Oct 1, 2:10*pm, Frank Krygowski wrote:
gpsman wrote:

If an adult chooses to observe oblivious US motorists, then chooses to
hop into that ocean of...
Forum: Techniques October 1st 12, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By gpsman
Helmets and public bike-sharing success

On Sep 30, 2:02*pm, incredulous wrote:

*Mr. De Jong, who grew up in the Netherlands, observes of Amsterdam: “Nobody wears helmets, and bicycling is regarded as a...
Forum: Techniques September 20th 12, 04:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By gpsman
Victor Cabedo killed while training in Spain

Victor Cabedo killed while training in Spain
By VeloNews.com

Young Spanish rider Victor Cabedo (Euskaltel-Euskadi) died Wednesday
in Spain after being struck by a vehicle during a training...
Forum: Techniques September 5th 12, 12:24 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 404
Posted By gpsman
Recent fatal crash at UCLA

On Sep 4, 4:41*pm, Phil W Lee wrote:
gpsman considered Tue, 4 Sep 2012 08:27:02
-0700 (PDT) the perfect time to write:
On Sep 4, 10:48*am,...
Forum: Techniques September 5th 12, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 404
Posted By gpsman
Recent fatal crash at UCLA

On Sep 4, 4:25*pm, Frank Krygowski wrote:

"gpsman," your argument was that helmet benefit is shown in the
undetectable people who are saved by their...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 73