Showing results 1 to 25 of 140
Search took 1.37 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: MuniSano
Forum: Unicycling January 16th 09, 03:31 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By MuniSano
Evolution of Balance - Team Rollercoaster

Great interview and short video! I'm am so envious! But I'm also so
inspired by you guys. I can't wait to fold my ultrarunning background
into my mountain unicycling and do something really cool! ...
Forum: Unicycling January 15th 09, 01:50 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,562
Posted By MuniSano
Today I... (brag thread)

The trails around here were finally mostly dried out (read lot's and
lot's of rain lately) so I got to go coker muni around my favorite xc
trails right in my backyard (well right outside my back...
Forum: Unicycling January 15th 09, 01:47 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By MuniSano
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

munirocks you might be thinking of a "banana bike" seat which as I
recall was probably as long as two seats end to end. I had one as a
kid, they were pretty cool as it was really easy to do...
Forum: Unicycling January 13th 09, 08:39 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By MuniSano
Carrying Luggage on a Long Distance Ride (36)

Yeah sorry for that double post up there, I don't know how that
happened? Yikes!

mikepenton: Thanks for the Kris Holm Evolution of Balance Award
suggestion, I've already considered that and will...
Forum: Unicycling January 13th 09, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By MuniSano
Cop impounded my 36er! Got it on FILM!!!

MuniAddict;1169910 wrote:

Thanks. Yeah I may not make Moab (Mobe lol) this year either but I plan
on CMW. :) I don't know but I think all this filming is like therapy but
every time I...
Forum: Unicycling January 13th 09, 01:50 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By MuniSano
Cop impounded my 36er! Got it on FILM!!!

muniaddict that was so funny, you're videos always are very
inspirational and bring a smile to my face and make me laugh out loud
(lol). I hope to one day be able to make it out West to ride with...
Forum: Unicycling January 13th 09, 01:47 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By MuniSano
Carrying Luggage on a Long Distance Ride (36)

napalm: thanks for the saddle advice. I've got the '07 KH Fusion
(stock) saddle that came with my '07 KH 24. It is wonderful with the
Thompson seatpost I have but you're right I need to experiment...
Forum: Unicycling January 13th 09, 01:46 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By MuniSano
Carrying Luggage on a Long Distance Ride (36)

napalm: thanks for the saddle advice. I've got the '07 KH Fusion
(stock) saddle that came with my '07 KH 24. It is wonderful with the
Thompson seatpost I have but you're right I need to experiment...
Forum: Unicycling January 12th 09, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By MuniSano
Carrying Luggage on a Long Distance Ride (36)

Ok let's keep this thread going...

Let's change this up a bit. I'm planning (in the not too distant
future) to do a semi-self supported multi-day (actually multi-week)
almost totally off-road ride....
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 01:57 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By MuniSano
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=79&pictureid=480]

Sorry meant to post a rough comparison of the proposed "t-frame" vs.
"r-frame."

--...
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 01:52 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By MuniSano
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

I think munirocks has almost got it, the "r-frame" just need to be able
to tilt that seat forward (down in front) so that the saddle is level
when riding; assuming body position is like riding a...
Forum: Unicycling January 8th 09, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By MuniSano
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

This may be a dumb question, but couldn't one substitute a T7 for a
simular length of alloy or steel pipe? That way you could still attach
the seat to the "pipe" a the back, clamp the seat post to...
Forum: Unicycling December 23rd 08, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By MuniSano
SW UK unicycle hockey tornament Jan 3rd 2009

Wow. I'd love to be able to just ride around with some other
unicyclists! I can't imagine living some place were there are enough
unicyclists around to form even one hockey team; let alone an...
Forum: Unicycling December 12th 08, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By MuniSano
How fast is an ungeared 36" for an avg rider

I recently rode 100km on my 36er (with 125mm cranks) in around 5h 45m
total clock time so ~10.78 mph average (including stop time, which was 3
seperate times each probably ~10 minutes) But I'd guess...
Forum: Unicycling December 12th 08, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By MuniSano
How fast is an ungeared 36" for an avg rider

I use a Garmin 305 GPS like:
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=349

Of course I use it mainly to measure my trail-running routes but it has
come in handy on my muni and infrequent 36er road...
Forum: Unicycling December 11th 08, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 123
Posted By MuniSano
UDC's Twelve Days of Christmas!

ntappin;1147811 wrote:
Hah the new sale, although it totally makes sense for them to be putting
it on sale, is completely useless for unicyclists at the moment.

KH 29er rim, 32...
Forum: Unicycling December 4th 08, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By MuniSano
At CMW -Looking for Thousands Oaks camo helmet rider

Could it quite possibly have been?
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74483

--
MuniSano
MuniSano's Profile:...
Replies: 123
Posted By MuniSano
UDC's Twelve Days of Christmas!

Unicycle-Emele;1142608 wrote:
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=110 is this a joke. Why
does this cost so much.

I think because unicycles like this, and others you'll see under...
Forum: Unicycling December 3rd 08, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By MuniSano
3-speed Unicycle

If one could construct, out of fiberglass or some like material, a cover
to "hide and protect" all that metal it would be so much better. I'd
hate to have my baggy shorts get caught in some metal bit...
Forum: Unicycling December 3rd 08, 03:14 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 53
Posted By MuniSano
KH / Schlumpf Geared 24" mountain unicycling

As far as 24" vs 26" I'm going with the 24" Guni first of all because I
already have a KH24 but also because I will be able to do a lot more
with it than a 26" i.e. I often will do some natural...
Forum: Unicycling December 3rd 08, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 53
Posted By MuniSano
KH / Schlumpf Geared 24" mountain unicycling

As far as 24" vs 26" I'm going with the 24" Guni first of all because I
already have a KH24 but also because I will be able to do a lot more
with it than a 26" i.e. I often will do some natural...
Forum: Unicycling December 1st 08, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 53
Posted By MuniSano
KH / Schlumpf Geared 24" mountain unicycling

Thread Jack: Thread Jack:

Sorry but I thought I'd ask here since I'm going to building up a KH /
Schlumpf Geared 24" Muni. What lacing pattern did you use? Triple
Cross? Quadruple Cross? Also what...
Forum: Unicycling November 25th 08, 08:28 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 53
Posted By MuniSano
KH / Schlumpf Geared 24" mountain unicycling

That's awesome. I've got a KH/Schlumpf on order now and I plan on
rebuilding my KH24 around it when I get it. For me this will be a very
versitile and useful setup for the sorts of terrain I ride...
Forum: Unicycling November 24th 08, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By MuniSano
Giraffe Discussion Thread

I know giraffe riders have done this, but I'm thinking about swapping
out the stock cog that was installed on my wheel with something with far
fewer teeth. I have a fixed gear mountain bike that I...
Forum: Unicycling November 14th 08, 07:08 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By MuniSano
Unicycle Skyline Drive - Shenandoah National Park, VA

Wow that sounds like such an awesome epic! I wish I had time to join
y'all! In stead I'm planning a far easier 100 mile epic closer to home
next month when I'm through with this semester. Riding...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 140