Showing results 1 to 25 of 151
Search took 0.22 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: sally
Forum: Rides September 28th 09, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 4
Posted By sally
Tour of Woodside/Team in Training

Hussman wrote in news:95195e1c-d582-4ea0-9869-
:
I'm sorry, but that's low-class hooliganism. I understand the
business aspects of...
Forum: General September 27th 09, 02:14 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By sally
Invention of the mixte?

" wrote in news:1694e664-dce4-47d7-
:

I'm very curious about the invention of the mixte bicycle frame. Who
Forum: Rides September 2nd 09, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 7
Posted By sally
Touring on bike paths?

"Pat" wrote in :
And the answer--just one of many--is yes. Try the Katy trail across
Missouri.

I did the Katy Trail once. That was...
Forum: Mountain Biking August 24th 09, 08:40 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 11
Posted By sally
Mountain biker seriously injured

Why does MV keep posting this stuff? Is it because bicycle injuries are so
rare? I see newspaper articles about hikers being killed almost every week.
And I won't even get into those 3 that were...
Forum: Social Issues August 24th 09, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 2
Posted By sally
Computer messenger bags?

" wrote in news:074162cb-5b2d-4f55-
:
As my subject line indicates, I'm looking around for a messenger bag
to...
Forum: Social Issues July 18th 09, 04:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 1
Posted By sally
TdF radio ban?

" wrote in news:4ea7ddaf-1366-4127-
:

I hear that the TdF is banning radios next year. What do you think of
Forum: General July 18th 09, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,ba.bicycles,nyc.bicycles,phl.bicycles
Replies: 29
Posted By sally
Nashbar Compromised Credit Card Information, Check Your Credit Card Statements if You've Shopped at Nashbar in the past several years.

One newspaper report said that Nashbar has started quietly contacting
customers affected by the break-in. However, reports of Nashbar-related
fraud go back 6-12 months.
Forum: General June 20th 09, 06:33 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 10
Posted By sally
Nashbar has some security issues with their website. Beware!

Claus Assmann
wrote in :
Not just Nashbar. I use "tagged" e-mail addresses, and the address
I...
Forum: Social Issues June 16th 09, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 3
Posted By sally
Obama and cycling...

" wrote in
:
Plus, I'm not sure about what a PRESIDENT can do for cycling? Cycling
Forum: General November 10th 08, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By sally
Beijing plans to offer free bicycles rental (People's Daily)

wrote in :

http://www.ng2000.com/blog/2008/11/04/bicycles/

Bicycle theft is rampant in Beijing. How does this program plan to deal with...
Forum: Rides November 10th 08, 08:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 10
Posted By sally
Tahoe City man dies while on charity bicycle ride in Nevada (Sierra Sun)

"Papa Tom" wrote in
:
Is there anywhere a ride-rating web page?

I don't know of one, but I'm sure you will find one if...
Forum: General October 7th 08, 04:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 12
Posted By sally
Great Men's fall/winter "cycling" shell at Costco for $28

landotter wrote in news:f1bb6487-a561-4ba4-9298-
:
It would be nice to have reflective piping like on my Gill shell--but
I figure,...
Forum: General October 4th 08, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 12
Posted By sally
Great Men's fall/winter "cycling" shell at Costco for $28

landotter wrote in
:

Brand "Black Diamond". It's a multi-sport shell bonded to a very thin
Forum: General August 21st 08, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 10
Posted By sally
Could Bike Lanes Cause Pollution?

Stephen Harding wrote in
The title of a WSJ article about a gadfly type in San Francisco
who had put SF aggressive bicycle infrastructure...
Forum: General August 21st 08, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 54
Posted By sally
Saying Hi on the Bike Path

Jorg Lueke wrote in news:d08d390f-0483-4db2-88b1-
:

When passing by another biker on a path do you:

Vocalize a Greeting?

I...
Forum: General July 30th 08, 04:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By sally
Bike Clubs

Tom Sherman wrote in
:
Do not people work anymore? I could not attend a ride that started later
than 4 AM or before...
Forum: General July 30th 08, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By sally
Bike Clubs

(It's Chris) wrote in news:24216-488E73F1-523
@storefull-3233.bay.webtv.net:
Anybody here have any "complaints" about the clubs in your area? Their
preferred type of...
Forum: General July 12th 08, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By sally
Biking vs Cycling... Is there a difference?

Ablang wrote in news:5e785e8c-5a06-4d9f-956c-35b3dff1cd46
@x35g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:
1. Cycling - Hill Climb, criterium, time trial, road race
2. Biking - hill climb, down...
Forum: Rides July 4th 08, 11:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 15
Posted By sally
Article on conservatives who ride?

Shippy wrote in news:867b1c5e-b333-46d1-9988-
:
But what about the riders who don't fit that category, the ones who
love to ride but...
Forum: General May 27th 08, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By sally
How bout some REAL bike lanes?

Ablang wrote in news:5b71a417-7d4b-4f6d-a697-0530d0ef521e@
79g2000hsk.googlegroups.com:

I know that Sacramento County has a minimum bike lane width of 5' but
unfortunately...
Forum: Rides March 14th 08, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 12
Posted By sally
Katy Trail?

Marshall Lake wrote in
:
I don't have a lot of trail-riding experience, however I would recommend
the trails in the DC vicinity.

How...
Forum: Techniques March 10th 08, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By sally
Police cruiser kills bicyclist

Andrew F Martin wrote in news:fd7d7ac3-
:
Have they posted names yet? I know a 29yo cyclist from...
Forum: Techniques March 10th 08, 02:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By sally
dead cyclist

A Muzi wrote in
:
Santa Clara county sheriff's deputy 'accidentally' crossed the
centerline in his cruiser hitting 3 cyclists, 1...
Forum: Techniques March 8th 08, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By sally
any road pump recommendations ?

Woland99 wrote in news:580fc92b-a892-4717-ac0a-
:
I have touring bike with Vittoria Randonneur 700x32 tires - they need
about...
Forum: Rides February 29th 08, 04:22 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 12
Posted By sally
Katy Trail?

"Pat" wrote in :
Anyone here ride the Katy Trail in Missouri? Any tips?

I did the whole route once (several years ago) and was kind of...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 151