Showing results 1 to 25 of 153
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Kevan Smith[_2_]
Forum: General January 9th 11, 09:47 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Kevan Smith[_2_]
What, no "Total Miles Ridden in 2010" Thread?!?

On 1/4/11 5:01 PM, Bill Sornson wrote:
?I was consistent, at least, despite a herniated disc in July (right
after longest ride of the year probably).

Mad One: 3990 miles
Klein: 990 miles
Forum: General September 26th 10, 04:51 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Kevan Smith[_2_]
Where to buy non-padded bike shorts for a good price? Preferablyaround Raleigh, NC

On 9/25/10 8:19 AM, mike wrote:
I've tried some running shorts from REI, but these caused major
chafing.

All non padded shorts will have the chafing, issue, I think. The pad is
there to prevent...
Forum: Techniques September 25th 10, 05:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Kevan Smith[_2_]
ANOTHER GOOD IDEA

On 9/24/10 4:20 PM, kolldata wrote:
I feel left out here missing the deal out in the boons doing basic
research, fighting off the mob and Feds to save our civilzation but
better never than late...
Forum: Techniques September 24th 10, 05:52 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.audio.tubes
Replies: 3
Posted By Kevan Smith[_2_]
"No Alien few fox guys be tie am dog"

On 9/23/10 11:07 PM, kolldata wrote:
jute is Jamacan

Jute is a long, soft, shiny vegetable fiber that can be spun into
coarse, strong threads.

For the person Andre Jute, I like to say Jute to...
Forum: Techniques September 10th 10, 07:52 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 151
Posted By Kevan Smith[_2_]
Inflatable helmet, really

On 9/10/10 1:46 AM, MikeWhy wrote:

The impact load applied in helmet testing is equivalent to a forceful
blow from a 12 pound sledge hammer applied to the helmeted head.

Which is actually less...
Forum: Techniques September 10th 10, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 151
Posted By Kevan Smith[_2_]
Inflatable helmet, really

On 9/9/10 7:52 PM, MikeWhy wrote:
MikeWhy wrote:
Phil W Lee wrote:
"MikeWhy" considered Thu, 9 Sep 2010
09:09:16 -0500 the perfect time to write:

Forum: Techniques September 9th 10, 08:21 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 151
Posted By Kevan Smith[_2_]
Inflatable helmet, really

On 9/9/10 2:07 AM, MikeWhy wrote:
Bicycle helmets are tested to essentially the same impact loads and
survivability thresholds as motorcycle helmets.

BS. Quote the standards.
Forum: Techniques September 9th 10, 07:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 151
Posted By Kevan Smith[_2_]
Inflatable helmet, really

On 9/9/10 12:57 AM, Chalo wrote:
I can recognize some validity to the claims of increased rotational
brain injury from helmets, but that alone seems like it wouldn't
entirely nullify the...
Forum: General September 9th 10, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 56
Posted By Kevan Smith[_2_]
An Inconvenient Truth

On 9/8/10 2:13 PM, Andre Jute wrote:

Is that Saint Rachel Carson of the "Silent Spring", the notorious
instigator of the largest and most vicious genocide of the modern era,
the killing of at...
Forum: General September 9th 10, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 56
Posted By Kevan Smith[_2_]
An Inconvenient Truth

On 9/8/10 3:24 PM, Andre Jute wrote:

Still waiting to see the hole in the ozone
layer, still laughing.

Here you go:

http://ozonewatch.gsfc.nasa.gov/
Forum: Techniques September 9th 10, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Kevan Smith[_2_]
An Inconvenient Truth

On 9/8/10 3:24 PM, Andre Jute wrote:

Still waiting to see the hole in the ozone
layer, still laughing.

Here you go:

http://ozonewatch.gsfc.nasa.gov/
Forum: Techniques September 4th 10, 05:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 460
Posted By Kevan Smith[_2_]
Give me a chimp any day in preference to a bent bugger

On 9/3/10 11:15 PM, Andre Jute wrote:
People like Sherman and this other guy whatsisface need to look up
everything ....

No, I knew you were wrong. I didn't need to look it up. I did it show...
Forum: Techniques September 4th 10, 04:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 460
Posted By Kevan Smith[_2_]
Liddell Tommi Sherman and the Bonobo, IMPORTANT Technical WritersBOTH

On 9/3/10 8:35 PM, Andre Jute wrote:
Tom Sherman has told us he is an Important Technical Writer, so he
would know all about editors and proofreaders. He certainly needs them
if he thinks there...
Forum: General September 3rd 10, 06:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 9
Posted By Kevan Smith[_2_]
Face Plant protection

On 9/2/10 7:42 PM, Will wrote:
How is
beginning pacelining taught on the grass?

They ride slowly and practice pulling off, drifting back and being very
close on a wheel. They learn not to...
Forum: General September 2nd 10, 12:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 56
Posted By Kevan Smith[_2_]
An Inconvenient Truth

On 9/1/10 5:15 PM, Andre Jute wrote:
Anyway, you don't have to be a genius to work out that only a leftie
wingnut would want to hold hostages and threaten to kill them if Al
Gore doesn't come...
Forum: General September 1st 10, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 9
Posted By Kevan Smith[_2_]
Face Plant protection

On 9/1/10 1:32 PM, Will wrote:
Are there any classes, practices, one can do that can teach me to
either not fall or fall more gracefully off my bike?

You can practice on soft grass at slow...
Forum: Techniques September 1st 10, 11:33 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By Kevan Smith[_2_]
Bike Steering question

On 9/1/10 4:47 AM, ZeeTso wrote:
"Dan wrote in message
On Aug 31, 4:32 pm,...
Forum: Techniques September 1st 10, 09:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 460
Posted By Kevan Smith[_2_]
The Time Wasting of Jute

On 9/1/10 3:04 AM, Andre Jute wrote:
It is basic math to calculate that helmets very likely save 33
cyclists from becoming fatalities.

Have you ever posted a pic of yours? We know you love your...
Forum: Techniques September 1st 10, 08:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 139
Posted By Kevan Smith[_2_]
Can't believe some of the subject lines I'm replying to

On 9/1/10 12:43 AM, Andre Jute wrote:
The difficulty arises when a bunch of ******s want to control what I
can say and how I can say it.

But no one can do that on usenet. (Well, some people...
Forum: Social Issues September 1st 10, 06:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 103
Posted By Kevan Smith[_2_]
On Sherman's lying and wriggling and weaselling about puttingwords in people's. mouths

On 8/31/10 11:54 PM, Andre Jute wrote:
Why am I not surprised that your errors favour Sherman?

OTOH, I'm not surprised I got it and you didn't.
Forum: Techniques September 1st 10, 06:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 139
Posted By Kevan Smith[_2_]
On Sherman's lying and wriggling and weaselling about puttingwords in people's. mouths

On 8/31/10 11:54 PM, Andre Jute wrote:
Why am I not surprised that your errors favour Sherman?

OTOH, I'm not surprised I got it and you didn't.
Forum: Social Issues September 1st 10, 06:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 103
Posted By Kevan Smith[_2_]
On Sherman's lying and wriggling and weaselling about puttingwords in people's. mouths

On 8/31/10 11:54 PM, Andre Jute wrote:
Notice the righthand angle bracket () before the [...] hmm?

Nope, it doesn't display like that in my client.

Kevan
Forum: Techniques September 1st 10, 06:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 139
Posted By Kevan Smith[_2_]
On Sherman's lying and wriggling and weaselling about puttingwords in people's. mouths

On 8/31/10 11:54 PM, Andre Jute wrote:
Notice the righthand angle bracket () before the [...] hmm?

Nope, it doesn't display like that in my client.

Kevan
Forum: General September 1st 10, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By Kevan Smith[_2_]
Who wants the anybody to speak at all?

On 8/31/10 10:23 PM, Michael Press wrote:
I am not disagreeing with Mr. Jute because I am not
sure what he is saying.

I'm not sure he does, either.
Forum: Techniques September 1st 10, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc