Showing results 1 to 25 of 62
Search took 1.66 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: nash
Forum: General August 6th 07, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 63
Posted By nash
Commuting by bike not cost effective?

The newbies who think they need painted
approval to bike would get their approval, and their feeling of
"special" safety. And I'll bet (unfortunately, without evidence) that

and false...
Forum: General August 6th 07, 03:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 63
Posted By nash
Commuting by bike not cost effective?

On Jul 23, 10:00 am, wrote:
This weekend I biked the 12 miles to work to see if it could be done.
It took around 1 hour and a half, however, I noticed this is really
not...
Forum: General August 6th 07, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 63
Posted By nash
Commuting by bike not cost effective?

"Y'know what? It hasn't
deleteriously affected traffic at all. All these years, "

What?

I saw Cambie and know people living there. It is the worst thing that
ever happened. Look at all the...
Forum: General August 5th 07, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 63
Posted By nash
Commuting by bike not cost effective?

On Jul 24, 11:20 am, "Leo Lichtman"
wrote:
"nash" wrote: (clip) Longer life too (clip)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Since we're talking strictly costs here, let's get it...
Forum: General July 24th 07, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 63
Posted By nash
Commuting by bike not cost effective?

On Jul 24, 3:06 am, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article ,
writes:

This weekend I biked...
Forum: General December 12th 06, 05:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 27
Posted By nash
phantom helmet syndrome

The sensation is rather like climbing a staircase
in the dark, and mis-counting the steps, and the
last step you think is there ... isn't.

This happened to me yesterday and may affect anyone with...
Forum: UK December 11th 06, 03:57 PM Posted to rec.running,misc.fitness.aerobic,rec.sport.triathlon,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 216
Posted By nash
Is heart rate a good measure of fat burning?

I agree. I think the main problem with these people at the gym who seem
to never make progress, is they have too high an intensity level. Sure
this burns lots of fat, but it also leaves them...
Forum: General December 11th 06, 03:57 PM Posted to rec.running,misc.fitness.aerobic,rec.sport.triathlon,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 231
Posted By nash
Is heart rate a good measure of fat burning?

I agree. I think the main problem with these people at the gym who seem
to never make progress, is they have too high an intensity level. Sure
this burns lots of fat, but it also leaves them...
Forum: General December 6th 06, 04:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 19
Posted By nash
cyclocross bikes and disk brakes

It took me a few hours to install it, as I
had to custom bend the fender stays, and shorten a few struts here or
there to make it work. Nothing unusual about the bike. Standard
wannabe cxcross...
Forum: General December 6th 06, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 232
Posted By nash
Bicyclist killed by woman driver who was downloading cell phone ring tones

Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:
Zoot Katz wrote:
On 5 Dec 2006 07:07:13 -0800, "nash" wrote:

Where did you get yours ZK? Do you bring it with you when leaving...
Forum: General December 6th 06, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By nash
Winter beverage nutrition

OldRoads wrote:
Plain old Hot Chocolate.

Vin - Menotomy Vintage Bicycles
http://OldRoads.com

that was an interesting bicycle engine
http://oldroads.com/bicycle_engine.htm
Forum: General December 6th 06, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By nash
Winter beverage nutrition

Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:
nash wrote:
Season pleaser....

I would rather pretend I am drinking a cherry pie:
http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/beers/belgian.html. Well worth...
Forum: General December 6th 06, 02:24 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By nash
Winter beverage nutrition

nash wrote:
Season pleaser....

I would rather pretend I am drinking a cherry pie:
http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/beers/belgian.html. Well worth...
Forum: General December 5th 06, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By nash
Winter beverage nutrition

Season pleaser.
Sweetened Condensed Milk recipe, mostly used for baking and candy, I
love it for the best Hot Chocolate and Coffee going. Skim milk calcium
and protein is the best too Right? ...
Forum: General December 5th 06, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 9
Posted By nash
count your coldness

Unicycle on ice. Wow. I bow my hat too you.
Forum: General December 5th 06, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 15
Posted By nash
Holy cow it's windy out here

I think power outages peaked in the low hundreds of thousands, with no
more than 60,000 without power for more than a day.

BC Hydro said 90,000 for Van. Is. and the lower mainland.
200,000 for...
Forum: General December 5th 06, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 19
Posted By nash
cyclocross bikes and disk brakes

disc brakes are especially advantageous in mountain biking and muddy
trails. rim brakes would clog up. Control is excellent with these.
Feather touch but brakes started squealing one day and the...
Forum: Techniques December 5th 06, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,misc.legal,misc.consumers,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.cellular.verizon
Replies: 194
Posted By nash
Bicyclist killed by woman driver who was downloading cell phone ring tones

Zoot Katz wrote:
On 4 Dec 2006 21:49:23 -0800, "zeez" wrote:

Of course, a good loud horn helps!

Hmmm, I wonder what would happen if you fit one of those...
Forum: General December 5th 06, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,misc.legal,misc.consumers,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.cellular.verizon

Zoot Katz wrote:
On 4 Dec 2006 21:49:23 -0800, "zeez" wrote:

Of course, a good loud horn helps!

Hmmm, I wonder what would happen if you fit one of those...
Forum: General December 4th 06, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 19
Posted By nash
cyclocross bikes and disk brakes

landotter wrote:
nash wrote:
Axiom has two models for disc brake bikes
one holds 25kg

The Axiom racks are horrid. They flex and no amount of bolt tightening
will mitigate that. They...
Forum: Recumbent Biking December 4th 06, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 17
Posted By nash
Are two bicycles necessary?

DougC wrote:
Peter Clinch wrote:
DougC wrote:

The front tire should have /at/ /least/ the same contact patch are as
the rear, /if/ /not/ /more/.

Why?

I've never...
Forum: General December 4th 06, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 73
Posted By nash
Are two bicycles necessary?

DougC wrote:
Peter Clinch wrote:
DougC wrote:

The front tire should have /at/ /least/ the same contact patch are as
the rear, /if/ /not/ /more/.

Why?

I've never...
Forum: General December 4th 06, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 15
Posted By nash
Holy cow it's windy out here and dark

You can keep track of it here but it is by the minute not cumulative.
I expect if there was a people-days figure it would accurately be one
Mill (ie man-hours)
My outage was the week of the 19th so...
Forum: General December 4th 06, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 15
Posted By nash
Holy cow it's windy out here and dark

You can keep track of it here but it is by the minute not cumulative.
I expect if there was a people-days figure it would accurately be one
Mill (ie...
Forum: Techniques December 4th 06, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,misc.legal,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.cellular.verizon
Replies: 194
Posted By nash
Bicyclist killed by woman driver who was downloading cell phone ring tones

AustinMN wrote:
wrote:
On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 20:17:33 GMT, "nash"
wrote:

snip

Plus I am in the highest brain sex category by a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 62