Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Forum: Techniques May 18th 17, 07:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Weird crack in crank

I recently removed my pedals for transport and realized that the blemish I previously dismissed as a strange scratch in the crank must surely be a crack.
It is at the end of the right crank arm, in...
Forum: Techniques February 3rd 16, 03:41 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 87
Posted By [email protected]
Brake pad efficiency

There seems to be more disagreement about pad longevity than just about any other aspect of the argument. I suspect that: A. rim pads do wear out very quickly in mud B. a lot of disk advocates are...
Forum: Techniques January 31st 16, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 87
Posted By [email protected]
Brake pad efficiency

Still thinking about this...

Rim brakes are set at some distance because they can be. Lower MA will move them quickly to the rim. Disk brake calipers must be set close. If you dig hard enough, you...
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3