Replies: 64
Posted By Joel Mayes
Road Rage Moron

On 2008-05-08, David Springthrope wrote:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23664131-5016213,00.html

Aussie cyclists in hit-and-run
From staff...
Forum: Australia May 4th 08, 12:26 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 10
Posted By Joel Mayes
Wheel Builiding?

On 2008-05-03, Ray wrote:
In article ,
says...
Hi all,

Ahh a long weekend but sick as...
Forum: Australia May 3rd 08, 07:04 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 10
Posted By Joel Mayes
Wheel Builiding?

On 2008-05-03, Bill the Cat wrote:
Hi all,

Ahh a long weekend but sick as a dog so I can't ride. I was just looking at
the different hub dynamos out there and...
Forum: Techniques April 24th 08, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Joel Mayes
Open-bearing hub maintenance

On 2008-04-24, John Everett
wrote:
On 24 Apr 2008 08:58:53 GMT, Joel Mayes

On 2008-04-23, PCman ...
Forum: Techniques April 24th 08, 09:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 2008-04-23, PCman wrote:
Hello,

How often do you check, clean and regrease the bearings on "open-
bearing" hubs? Is it necessary at all if the wheel turns smoothly...
Forum: Techniques April 13th 08, 06:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Joel Mayes
DA7700 Shifter stripped screw advise needed

On 2008-04-12, RS wrote:
I went to change the shifter cables on my DA7700 equiped bike and the
little screw holding the cover over the shift cable end wouldn't come
Forum: Techniques February 29th 08, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Joel Mayes
DIY dropout alignment

On 2008-02-29, still just me wrote:
On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 21:18:01 -0800 (PST), wrote:

The tool now functions identically to the park tool. Turn the...
Forum: Techniques February 16th 08, 06:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Joel Mayes
Carbon Fiber Frame

On 2008-02-16, wrote:
I'm getting a nice new bike with a carbon fiber frame. Is there any
possibility of damaging the frame by carrying it on a trunk...
Forum: Techniques January 28th 08, 12:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Joel Mayes
Need advice for Community Bicycle Project

On 2008-01-28, Dave Reckoning wrote:
Three questions, humbly submitted for our project's enlightenment:

1)
We are putting together a checklist for our amateur...
Forum: Australia January 25th 08, 05:59 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By Joel Mayes
definitely not cyclists

On 2008-01-25, tim wrote:

2) what's the gear range? I note the S-A 8spd hub, from memory this hub
has direct drive as the lowest gear and therefore can't provide
Forum: Australia January 25th 08, 12:30 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By Joel Mayes
definitely not cyclists

On 2008-01-24, tim wrote:
On Nov 22 2007, 6:31 pm, "tim" wrote:
On Nov 22, 5:16 pm, "PeteSig" wrote:
Can't have people...
Forum: Australia January 20th 08, 09:31 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 23
Posted By Joel Mayes
Tips for adult first time rider

On 2008-01-20, Theo Bekkers wrote:
TimC wrote:
Theo Bekkers wrote
TimC wrote:

And I've tried it on my bike, with different results. I am yet to
remain...
Forum: Australia January 9th 08, 09:13 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By Joel Mayes
first bike - Giant OCR?

On 2008-01-09, rooman (aka Bruce)
Your wheels will be your main...
Forum: Australia January 9th 08, 07:35 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By Joel Mayes
first bike - Giant OCR?

On 2008-01-09, wrote:

I have been looking at the Giant OCR1/2/3 range. Some questions, in
no particular order;

Are clip on peddles a big...
Forum: Techniques January 6th 08, 06:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 46
Posted By Joel Mayes
Cell phones are making riding too dangerous...

On 2008-01-06,
wrote:

I believe that possibly half of them are calls they receive from folks
who cannot know where the person...
Forum: Techniques December 10th 07, 11:06 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Joel Mayes
Octalink BB spindle length

On 2007-12-10, Peter Howard wrote:

BTW, I like the humanpowered.com website. Have bookmarked it for thorough
exploration.

Ta!

We're a small place but we try to...
Forum: Australia December 10th 07, 09:36 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By Joel Mayes
Wicker basket?

On 2007-12-10, brucef wrote:
Hi guys, I picked up a new (?) bike for the missus from the bring-out-
your-dead in Shenton Park on the weekend. I think it has great
Forum: Techniques December 9th 07, 09:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Joel Mayes
Octalink BB spindle length

On 2007-12-09, Peter Howard wrote:

I have to add that the LBS is useless for advice. When I went looking for an
Octalink BB there, all they had on the shelf was...
Forum: Techniques December 3rd 07, 09:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 37
Posted By Joel Mayes
Bent derailleur hanger repair?

On 2007-12-03, Kerry Montgomery wrote:

Forum: Techniques December 3rd 07, 11:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 2007-12-03, Dave Smith wrote:
My wife's bike suffered a nasty derailleur into the spokes event.
Fortunately no damage to her, but the derailleur is junk, the wheel
needs...
Forum: Techniques December 3rd 07, 11:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 2007-12-03, Dave Smith wrote:
My wife's bike suffered a nasty derailleur into the spokes event.
Fortunately no damage to her, but the derailleur is junk, the wheel
needs...
Forum: Australia December 3rd 07, 11:01 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By Joel Mayes
For the cyclist who thought they had everything

On 2007-12-03, cfsmtb wrote:

Thought you had all bases covered when it came to N + 1 bicycle
acquisition?

Think again, a Indian Rickshaw is...
Forum: Techniques November 22nd 07, 08:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Joel Mayes
Advice, please on a WIDE (700 x 36) commuting tire.

On 2007-11-22, Pete Biggs
wrote:
Fitz wrote:
I need a bulletproof 700 commuter tire that is resistant to punctures
and very durable. Its...
Forum: Australia November 22nd 07, 01:35 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By Joel Mayes
woods valves

On 2007-11-21, Obakesan wrote:
Hi

do we still use these things here?

Only when we have to!

bloody horible things
Forum: Techniques November 21st 07, 09:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 236
Posted By Joel Mayes
Roadmaster Mt. Fury not attractive to theives?

On 2007-11-21, Tom Sherman wrote:

There are a matched set (DF and step through) of Roadmaster Mt. Fury
bicycle shaped objects sitting unlocked in the parking...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 225