Showing results 1 to 25 of 70
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Arif Khokar
Forum: Techniques February 22nd 12, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 68
Posted By Arif Khokar
NYPD Issued Almost 50,000 Bicycle Tickets in 2011

On 2/22/2012 1:59 AM, Evan Platt wrote:

He states it's not always safest to ride in the bike lane. Agreed. I
don't think anyone disagrees with that. So, when it's not safe, move
out of the...
Forum: General September 7th 09, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 24
Posted By Arif Khokar
National organization finds that bike-to-school bans are on therise

Tom Sherman °_° wrote:
meport top posted:

Ever wonder why there are so many fat kids?

Top posting.

I thought that was the reason for so many fat posts ;)
Forum: Techniques June 26th 09, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 56
Posted By Arif Khokar
broken spoke problems

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
"Arif Khokar" wrote in message

Any idea why this problem keeps occurring over and over...
Forum: Techniques June 26th 09, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 56
Posted By Arif Khokar
broken spoke problems

Handel Barz wrote:
On 22 June, 00:54, Arif Khokar wrote:

Any idea why this problem keeps occurring over and over again?

I guess you're going to get everyones own...
Forum: Techniques June 26th 09, 11:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 56
Posted By Arif Khokar
broken spoke problems

Sergio wrote:
On 22 Giu, 06:54, Arif Khokar wrote:

Any idea why this problem keeps occurring over and over again?

I just hope that your chain doesn't fall off, to the...
Forum: Techniques June 26th 09, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 56
Posted By Arif Khokar
broken spoke problems

Papa Tom wrote:
Very basic, but sensitive question: Are you above-average weight?

Right now I'm about 195 lbs. But I wouldn't think that would be the
primary factor mainly because I had put a...
Forum: Techniques June 22nd 09, 05:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 56
Posted By Arif Khokar
broken spoke problems

I purchased a Fuji Crosstown 3.0 easy step frame bicycle back in March
2008. Since then I've ridden roughly 3000 miles. During that time,
I've had 4 broken spokes on the rear wheel (on the gear...
Forum: General February 14th 09, 07:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 15
Posted By Arif Khokar
Carelessly opened car doors could result in fines

Studemania wrote:

Please put a row like this

Better two dashes immediately followed by a space (-- )

--
Like this, which should appear as a .sig in a real news reader
Forum: General July 14th 08, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc

Tom Keats wrote:

In article ,
Arif Khokar writes:
In this post:
Forum: General July 9th 08, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 23
Posted By Arif Khokar
Semi-OT Ping: Tom Keats

In this post:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.autos.driving/msg/a3060aa31866a865
you claimed that I was at fault for following too close.

Evidently, the cyclist in this article was following...
Forum: General April 17th 08, 09:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 9
Posted By Arif Khokar
Saw a motorcyclist carrying a bicycle

Paul Turner wrote:

I saw a bicyclist carrying a bicycle the other day. Somehow he'd got
it balanced across his handlebars.

One time I saw a bicyclist riding while holding another bicycle's...
Forum: General February 28th 08, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 484
Posted By Arif Khokar
Saw an intelligent bicyclist today

N8N wrote:

But you're right, there's a whole lotta stupid on both sides. Just
more so with cyclists, it seems. Not sure why; I don't actually know
any serious cyclists in this area...
Forum: General February 28th 08, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 484
Posted By Arif Khokar
Saw an intelligent bicyclist today

Paul M. Hobson wrote:

So Nate, you're saying that you run stop signs when you're on your bike
too? Seems a little odd considering it irks you so much.

How about this: While driving, do...
Forum: General February 28th 08, 02:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 484
Posted By Arif Khokar
Saw an intelligent bicyclist today

Nate Nagel wrote:

Just this evening I was following a cyclist who was riding after dark,
wearing dark clothing, with no headlight. *I* could see him because he
did have a taillight, but...
Forum: General February 23rd 08, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 227
Posted By Arif Khokar
Reckless, Aggressive Drivers: Homegrown Terrorists

Tom Sherman wrote:

Riding a bicycle in winter is fun, except for the out of control cagers
on the road. Studded tires, proper clothes and proper attitude are all
that are needed.

I ride...
Forum: General September 4th 07, 06:26 PM Posted to pdx.general,or.politics,alt.politics,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 281
Posted By Arif Khokar
The days of the bicycle as basically a kids recreational vehicleare long gone

Matthew T. Russotto wrote:

They'll lose those few seconds at best. They could miss the next light as
a result. At which point the bicyclist will often pass the stopped
motorist, run the...
Forum: General September 4th 07, 05:07 PM Posted to pdx.general,or.politics,alt.politics,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 281
Posted By Arif Khokar
The days of the bicycle as basically a kids recreational vehicleare long gone

John David Galt wrote:
Arif Khokar wrote:

So why don't those motor vehicles get off the road instead of block me
when I'm riding? I ride through an area where there are a lot of
Forum: General September 3rd 07, 09:57 PM Posted to pdx.general,or.politics,alt.politics,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 281
Posted By Arif Khokar
The days of the bicycle as basically a kids recreational vehicleare long gone

John David Galt wrote:
Arif Khokar wrote:

A competent driver won't lose time waiting to pass a cyclist because
they're much easier to pass, as compared to wider vehicles. I give
Forum: General August 30th 07, 05:25 PM Posted to pdx.general,or.politics,alt.politics,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 281
Posted By Arif Khokar
The days of the bicycle as basically a kids recreational vehicleare long gone

amakyonin wrote:
On Aug 24, 7:18 pm, Arif Khokar wrote:

Oh, you mean I shouldn't take the lane with a nice and beautiful bike
like like this:...
Forum: General August 25th 07, 02:55 AM Posted to pdx.general,or.politics,alt.politics,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 281
Posted By Arif Khokar
The days of the bicycle as basically a kids recreational vehicleare long gone

wrote:
On Aug 24, 7:32 pm, Lobby Dosser
wrote:

Do you wear your seatbelt when riding in a car? AFIK, every
state requires that you do...
Forum: General August 25th 07, 02:49 AM Posted to pdx.general,or.politics,alt.politics,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 281
Posted By Arif Khokar
The days of the bicycle as basically a kids recreational vehicleare long gone

Bill Sornson wrote:
Wayne Pein wrote:

"Jerkoffs" buzz you no matter where you ride within the lane.

Mostly true. Hardly ever happens when there's a nice, clean, effective bike
Forum: General August 25th 07, 01:56 AM Posted to pdx.general,or.politics,alt.politics,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving

Bill Sornson wrote:
Arif Khokar wrote:

Oh, you mean I shouldn't take the lane with a nice and beautiful bike
like like this: http://filebox.vt.edu/~aikhokar/misc/bike_lane.jpg?

I've...
Forum: General August 25th 07, 01:12 AM Posted to pdx.general,or.politics,alt.politics,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 281
Posted By Arif Khokar
The days of the bicycle as basically a kids recreational vehicleare long gone

Lobby Dosser wrote:
Arif Khokar wrote:

A real bike is much more physically demanding as compared to any
stationary bike.

Not if you have the proper stionary...
Forum: General August 25th 07, 12:18 AM Posted to pdx.general,or.politics,alt.politics,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 281
Posted By Arif Khokar
The days of the bicycle as basically a kids recreational vehicleare long gone

Bill Sornson wrote:

When there's no need or reason to take the lane -- like, say, when there's a
NICE BEAUTIFUL BIKE LANE PRESENT -- it's stupid and often dangerous to do
so.

Oh, you mean I...
Forum: General August 24th 07, 05:15 PM Posted to pdx.general,or.politics,alt.politics,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving