Search: Posts made by: TMS320
Forum: UK Yesterday, 08:57 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By TMS320
Expert says: 85% (of cyclists) are not covered (by insurance) atall.

On 20/07/18 07:20, MrCheerful wrote:
"85% are not covered at all."

But we are always told the vast majority of cyclists do have insurance
and how their fridge freezer cover applies to...
Forum: UK Yesterday, 08:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 11
Posted By TMS320
Cyclist rides into parked lorry

On 19/07/18 11:13, JNugent wrote:
On 18/07/2018 21:00, TMS320 wrote:
On 18/07/18 17:12, JNugent wrote:
On 18/07/2018 17:09, TMS320 wrote:
On 18/07/18 09:24, MrCheerful wrote:

Forum: UK July 18th 18, 09:00 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 11
Posted By TMS320
Cyclist rides into parked lorry

On 18/07/18 17:12, JNugent wrote:
On 18/07/2018 17:09, TMS320 wrote:
On 18/07/18 09:24, MrCheerful wrote:
No details yet, but I wonder if the bike had dropped handlebars?

Forum: UK July 18th 18, 05:09 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 11
Posted By TMS320
Cyclist rides into parked lorry

On 18/07/18 09:24, MrCheerful wrote:
No details yet, but I wonder if the bike had dropped handlebars?

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/cyclist-lorry-crash-emergency-services-1-5611885

Oh,...
Forum: UK July 18th 18, 09:08 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By TMS320
OT not uk, but an example of how stupid motorists really are

In what way is this stupidity different to stupid motorists?
Forum: UK July 17th 18, 05:52 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24
Posted By TMS320
Random Highway Code Testing

On 17/07/18 15:34, Paul Cummins wrote:
In article , (TMS320)
wrote:

In a built up area assume 30

Again, street lights is part of the...
Forum: UK July 17th 18, 11:22 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24
Posted By TMS320
Random Highway Code Testing

On 17/07/18 10:07, Paul Cummins wrote:
In article ,
(Tosspot) wrote:

If you are having trouble, put your finger on the...
Forum: UK July 16th 18, 02:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24
Posted By TMS320
Random Highway Code Testing

On 15/07/18 23:16, Paul Cummins wrote:
In article , (TMS320) wrote:

It depends on whether there are streetlights or not.

That may be the...
Forum: UK July 16th 18, 11:12 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

On 2018-07-15 00:02, TMS320 wrote:
On 14/07/18 18:07, Paul Cummins wrote:
In article , (TMS320)
Forum: UK July 15th 18, 12:02 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24
Posted By TMS320
Random Highway Code Testing

On 14/07/18 18:07, Paul Cummins wrote:
In article , (TMS320) wrote:

If there is a pavement and lots of buildings alongside the road and
you...
Forum: UK July 14th 18, 05:16 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24
Posted By TMS320
Random Highway Code Testing

On 14/07/18 14:18, Simon Jester wrote:

Should the traffic police have the power to stop a motorists and
require them to take a highway code test. If they fail to answer 4
out of 5 question...
Forum: UK July 10th 18, 10:51 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By TMS320
Pedestrians in Northamptonshire 6 times more likely to be hit bycyclists

On 10/07/18 18:34, MrCheerful wrote:

....a stupid header. Six times more likely than...?

Forum: UK July 10th 18, 05:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By TMS320
Fake dash cam videos

On 10/07/18 16:06, Rob Morley wrote:
On Mon, 2 Jul 2018 06:52:53 -0700 (PDT)
Simon Jester wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h91JIlfLxoo
1:12 - 1:21

The...
Forum: UK July 10th 18, 07:43 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By TMS320
Bent carbon frame?

On 10/07/18 01:05, JNugent wrote:
On 09/07/2018 17:37, TMS320 wrote:
On 09/07/18 15:42, JNugent wrote:

The much-maligned Wikipedia is very useful, isn't it?

Is this your second...
Forum: UK July 9th 18, 08:02 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By TMS320
Woman's car damaged by bicycle user because she hooted him.

On 09/07/18 15:40, MrCheerful wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5933629/Cyclist-picks-bike-hits-car-bonnet-shocking-road-rage-attack.html

I have fixed your header for you.
Forum: UK July 9th 18, 05:37 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By TMS320
Bent carbon frame?

On 09/07/18 15:42, JNugent wrote:

The much-maligned Wikipedia is very useful, isn't it?

Is this your second source of information (after this newsgroup) for
your in depth knowledge of modern...
Forum: UK July 9th 18, 05:19 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By TMS320
Woman attacked by cyclist because she hooted him.

On 09/07/18 15:40, MrCheerful wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5933629/Cyclist-picks-bike-hits-car-bonnet-shocking-road-rage-attack.html

Yet another moronist not knowing proper use...
Forum: UK July 9th 18, 03:37 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By TMS320
Bent carbon frame?

On 09/07/18 10:51, wrote:

Doesn't every material have an "elastic limit"?
After that it snaps, not deforms.

Every material has an elastic limit and a breaking strength....
Forum: UK July 8th 18, 11:18 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By TMS320
Bent carbon frame?

On 08/07/18 15:48, wrote:

STOP PRESS - It is the Al dropout that is bent and it can be unbent, thankfully.

Al is not good once elastic limit has been exceeded. Unlike steel....
Forum: UK July 8th 18, 10:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By TMS320
...but not from anything important

On 08/07/18 01:42, JNugent wrote:
On 07/07/2018 21:54, TMS320 wrote:
On 07/07/18 11:56, JNugent wrote:
On 07/07/2018 09:46, TMS320 wrote:
On 06/07/18 23:19, JNugent wrote:
On...
Forum: UK July 7th 18, 10:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By TMS320
Bent carbon frame?

On 07/07/18 20:38, wrote:
My Scott CR1 has a slight problem in that the Record rear mech
collided with a Campag Shamal spoke and damaged both. Cue a new rear
mech and a...
Forum: UK July 7th 18, 09:54 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By TMS320
...but not from anything important

On 07/07/18 11:56, JNugent wrote:
On 07/07/2018 09:46, TMS320 wrote:
On 06/07/18 23:19, JNugent wrote:
On 06/07/2018 20:42, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Cyclists really are road lice.
Forum: UK July 7th 18, 09:46 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By TMS320
...but not from anything important

On 06/07/18 23:19, JNugent wrote:
On 06/07/2018 20:42, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Cyclists really are road lice.

As I've always said, it isn't all of them, only most, these...
Forum: UK July 6th 18, 03:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By TMS320
Torque Applied to Saddle Clamp?

On 06/07/18 14:50, Bruce 'Not Glug' Lee wrote:
As Subject:. I know (since it's marked on the clamp) that 8.9 N-m is the
torque to apply to the seat post on my Surly. What about the clamp that
Forum: UK July 5th 18, 05:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By TMS320
High speed cyclist with dog mows down and hopitalises 9 year old

On 05/07/18 15:04, Bruce 'Not Glug' Lee wrote:
MrCheerful wrote:

and guess what, fails to leave his details or report the crash to the
Police.