Showing results 1 to 25 of 262
Search took 0.41 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Colin Nelson
Forum: UK January 31st 11, 11:15 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 23
Posted By Colin Nelson
" looking forward to crossing on a green light "

Colin Nelson wrote:
JNugent wrote:
On 30/01/2011 21:42, Colin Nelson wrote:

As you already know, you could have done it lawfully by
getting
off and pushing. But you...
Forum: UK January 31st 11, 10:36 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

JNugent wrote:
On 30/01/2011 21:42, Colin Nelson wrote:

As you already know, you could have done it lawfully by
getting
off and pushing. But you preferred to break the law,...
Forum: UK January 30th 11, 09:42 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 23
Posted By Colin Nelson
" looking forward to crossing on a green light "

JNugent wrote:
On 30/01/2011 16:56, Colin Nelson wrote:

JNugent wrote:
Colin Nelson wrote:
JNugent wrote:
DavidR wrote:
Forum: UK January 30th 11, 04:56 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 23
Posted By Colin Nelson
" looking forward to crossing on a green light "

JNugent wrote:
On 30/01/2011 15:28, Colin Nelson wrote:

JNugent wrote:
On 30/01/2011 11:41, DavidR wrote:

wrote:

I mainly see...
Forum: UK January 30th 11, 03:28 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

JNugent wrote:
On 30/01/2011 11:41, DavidR wrote:

wrote:

I mainly see cyclists cross on a red, so what is he on...
Forum: UK January 4th 11, 12:51 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Colin Nelson
when will they learn?

Mrcheerful wrote:
Leave a gap, don't travel so close. It really is not...
Forum: UK December 17th 10, 05:20 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 42
Posted By Colin Nelson
BBC and Helmets!

Derek C wrote:
There is a big furore going on in urcm about the fact that a Radio 4
program called 'More or Less' dared to suggest that cycle helmets
are
a good idea. This has been dismissed by...
Forum: UK December 17th 10, 04:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
Posted By Colin Nelson
The potential for cycle helmets to prevent injury

Derek C wrote:
On Dec 17, 10:21 am, Tony Raven wrote:
Derek C wrote:
On Dec 17, 8:46 am, Tony Raven wrote:
Derek C wrote:

Only 2%...
Forum: UK December 15th 10, 10:09 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Colin Nelson
Hollander bike for £169

Mr. Benn wrote:
Are these bikes any good?

http://www.made.com/collection/hollander-collection/hollander-m-bike-metallic-black

Well it's going at an 'economical' price (and rather fetching in...
Forum: Techniques December 13th 10, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By Colin Nelson
That's not the handlebar creaking

wrote:
On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 07:05:47 -0800 (PST), landotter
wrote:

On Dec 13, 1:36 am, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
Forum: General December 11th 10, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 33
Posted By Colin Nelson
London sees a different type of cyclist

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
Just got back from spending a few days in London, with the following
observations-

#1: They're tough as nails. I was there during their recent ice age,
with temps...
Forum: UK December 7th 10, 06:14 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,cam.transport,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 631
Posted By Colin Nelson
DfT Stats - 2009

Mike Clark wrote:

What I try and do, particularly if I was overtaking a cyclist at
some
speed, is to allow more than the space needed if the cyclist were to
accidentally fall sideways from...
Forum: UK December 7th 10, 06:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Colin Nelson
Royal wedding to clash with Critical Mass.

Doug wrote:
As CM is customarily held procession in law maybe the wedding should
be rescheduled? Also, won't the wedding cause enormous congestion
and
seriously interfere with the alleged right...
Forum: UK November 19th 10, 05:37 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
Posted By Colin Nelson
OAP killed by cyclist

Mr. Benn wrote:
"Colin Nelson" wrote in message

Mrcheerful wrote:
Another cyclist travelling too fast for the...
Forum: UK November 19th 10, 04:16 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
Posted By Colin Nelson
OAP killed by cyclist

Mrcheerful wrote:
Another cyclist travelling too fast for the conditions.

http://www.thisisbath.co.uk/courts/Tragedy-war-hero-cycle-crash/article-2906187-detail/article.html

Another careless...
Forum: UK October 31st 10, 07:06 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 156
Posted By Colin Nelson
Darwinism in action

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Marc wrote:
On 31/10/2010 14:49, Derek C wrote:
On Oct 31, 2:16 pm, wrote:
On 31/10/2010 14:03, Derek C...
Forum: UK October 20th 10, 03:10 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 29
Posted By Colin Nelson
Pedal reflectors

Mrcheerful wrote:
Colin Nelson wrote:
Mr. Benn wrote:
"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
Mr. Benn wrote:

Forum: Techniques July 14th 10, 09:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 45
Posted By Colin Nelson
What's the purpose of folding tyres?

MikeWhy wrote:
"kolldata" wrote in message

easier to produce and ship. You should park down on...
Forum: Techniques June 21st 10, 09:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 12
Posted By Colin Nelson
Sayeth the Sage of Bandon: Lightness and carbon forks

Andre Jute wrote:
snipped non sago stuff

You may be thinking of sago, a self-inflating rice dish.

Hm! To think that I've spent the last 60+ years thinking that sago is
a product of the pith of...
Forum: General May 12th 10, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By Colin Nelson
Where can I buy rubber shims?

Joseph Shraibman wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy rubber shims for handlebar mounted
items? I haven't been able to find anything searching the internet.
Many of us use old innertubes (cut...
Forum: Techniques May 10th 10, 09:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Colin Nelson
Spacer converts Shimano 8/9 to 7?

Colin Nelson wrote:
wrote:
While looking for obsolete 11-tooth Shimano 7-speed cassettes, I
stumbled across this thing, which seems to be for converting
available
Forum: Techniques May 10th 10, 07:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:
While looking for obsolete 11-tooth Shimano 7-speed cassettes, I
stumbled across this thing, which seems to be for converting
available
8/9 speed cassettes to...
Forum: UK May 9th 10, 12:52 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Colin Nelson
Rotherhithe and Limehouse Loop

wrote:
On 9 May, 05:51, NM wrote:
On 9 May, 01:10, "The Medway Handyman" davidl...@no-spam-

blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
Tom Crispin...
Forum: UK May 9th 10, 12:27 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By Colin Nelson
More sponging cyclists for Medway Homonym

Squashme wrote:
London Ambulance Service too.

http://tinyurl.com/3ya393j

"These pedalling paramedics are first on the scene when an ambulance
is called, assessing patients and...
Forum: UK April 16th 10, 04:51 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Colin Nelson
What the Devil was that?

JNugent wrote:
Tom Crispin wrote:
At the end of next week I am taking a group of fourteen 10/11 year
olds on a two day cycle tour. I spent today servicing pool bikes to
make sure they are...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 262