Showing results 1 to 25 of 174
Search took 0.96 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: redwelly
Forum: Unicycling December 4th 08, 11:03 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34
Posted By redwelly
BMW 09 - The British MUni Weekend

Woo, yes please.

--
redwelly

'*Unicycle.com*'
(http://www.unicycle.com)
redwelly's Profile:...
Forum: Unicycling November 22nd 08, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By redwelly
Lands End John O'groats

Cool. What sort of time are you planning to do it in?

--
redwelly

'*Unicycle.com*'
(http://www.unicycle.com)
redwelly's...
Forum: Unicycling November 22nd 08, 03:21 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By redwelly
Lands End John O'groats

Hi Colin

If you're planning to do an attempt at this you'll need to register
with www.guinnessworldrecords.com - they will then confirm the
requirements and what their current record is.

They...
Forum: Unicycling November 19th 08, 02:26 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By redwelly
Are handlebars worth it?

Wheel Rider;1133209 wrote:
I tried a T-7 handle ... it made me go too fast so I took it off.

What's 'too fast'? ;)

Seriously, I find it makes riding fast much more stable, better
posture, good...
Forum: Unicycling November 19th 08, 11:56 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By redwelly
London Coker Tour(ism)

paul royle;1132527 wrote:
There will definitely be another one, hopefully when it's a bit warmer.

Cool, I'm looking forward to it already! Don't wait too long - a mass
tour of cokeurs across...
Forum: Unicycling November 5th 08, 11:39 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By redwelly
How to drill a nightrider 36 rim?

flyer;1088095 wrote:
I'll post pictures a bit later.

Come on Dave, I want to see it!

--
redwelly
Forum: Unicycling November 4th 08, 12:43 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I'm hoping to be there. And will be planning to stay several weeks -
lots to see in NZ!

Sam

--
redwelly

'*Unicycle.com*'
Forum: Unicycling October 10th 08, 12:07 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By redwelly
New Hour Record by Jan Logemann - 27.564km

I haven't heard this on r.s.u so far, so I thought I'd flag it up:

Jan Logemann has set a new One Hour World Record of *27.564km* (17.127
miles), riding a Schlumpf 36".

'Einradfahren.de'...
Forum: Unicycling October 2nd 08, 10:32 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 113
Posted By redwelly
BUC Registration OPEN!

annaats;1097389 wrote:
The local train station is Holton Heath, trains from Waterloo call here
on their way to Weymouth so its a really easy journey. It is less than a
mile from the venue so...
Forum: Unicycling September 27th 08, 01:13 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 58
Posted By redwelly
Who still has their Unicon 14 wristband?

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=571913&g2_serialNumber=1]
I'm up for that workshop.

Sam

--
redwelly
Forum: Unicycling September 22nd 08, 09:26 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Great weekend; thanks to everyone who came along. Rare proof that a UK
muni weekend can be unbroken sunshine and partial cloud-cover.

Phil, you must have an awful lot of pictures; I look forward to...
Forum: Unicycling September 19th 08, 09:47 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 30
Posted By redwelly
(UK): Peaks Muni Trip 2: Early Midlife Crisis 19th-21st September 2008

BBQ sounds like a good plan Phil. I'm going for the (Joe Marshall
inspired) can't-be-bothered-to-cook lightweight approach, so a
heat-source in addition to the pub fayre would be cool.

I should get...
Forum: Unicycling September 16th 08, 12:59 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 113
Posted By redwelly
BUC Registration OPEN!

domesticated ape wrote:
I'm up for a marathon, anyone else?:)

Suddenly, a good reason to lug my 36er on the train.

How 'unofficial' can we get away with? It's not like we planned this
or...
Forum: Unicycling September 1st 08, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By redwelly
(UK): Peaks Muni Trip 2: Early Midlife Crisis 19th-21st September 2008

joemarshall wrote:
I have some potential route ideas...

Those makes my legs hurt just reading. Sounds fantastic!

I'll have to clean the rust off my 24" muni (literally... Phil, you
would be...
Forum: Unicycling August 30th 08, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By redwelly
How to drill a nightrider 36 rim?

GizmoDuck wrote:
Couldn't you cut bigger holes if you put one hole closer to one edge of
the rim and the other hole closer to the other edge of the rim?

Yeah, possibly. Although I don't...
Forum: Unicycling August 30th 08, 09:16 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By redwelly
How to drill a nightrider 36 rim?

flyer wrote:
woo!

Good stuff, Dave! I bet it won't crumple. In fact, I reckon it can go
further...

I've just calculated how much it saves to put two holes between each
spoke. This is based...
Forum: Unicycling August 20th 08, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By redwelly
Speed tips?

You're getting the right idea Mike: faster = better :)

Balls - always, not just when going fast. It gives a better angle to
push from.

It's hard to get much of a crouch without a road handle like...
Forum: Unicycling August 15th 08, 09:26 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By redwelly
How to drill a nightrider 36 rim?

scotthue wrote:

EDIT: Sam: Did you have to use special rim tape after you drilled the
rim?

Nope. Maybe I should have, but I just used 'normal' hockey tape.
Apprently it is lighter than...
Forum: Unicycling August 15th 08, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 35
Posted By redwelly
Mike Tierney - another epic climb

Wow. Go Mike!

--
redwelly
redwelly's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4518
Replies: 33
Posted By redwelly
How to drill a nightrider 36 rim?

Here are some photos I took while drilling my Nightrider.

The outside edge of the small holes was just starting to cut into a
vertical part inside the profile of the rim extrusion, so I think
that's...
Forum: Unicycling August 14th 08, 04:31 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By redwelly
Who has done a 24 hour ride?

Added Stefan and Lars; unified the formatting a bit.

Stefan Gauler (173.9 miles, 24 hr World Record 1991)
Lars Clausen (202.7 miles, 24 hr World Record 2002)
Joe Marshall (78 miles*, Mountain...
Forum: Unicycling August 13th 08, 02:07 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By redwelly
How to drill a nightrider 36 rim?

flyer wrote:
Since riding his wheel with shaven tire, 29'er tube, ss spokes and
drilled rim, I really want a similar setup.

And when you tried it, it even had a 36" tube in (after my 29er...
Forum: Unicycling August 12th 08, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By redwelly
Race writeup: Sleepless in the Saddle 2008, UK 24-hour xc (quite long...)

Nice one Rob - 24 hours solo with British mud is well hardcore. :)
Congratulations for having the guts to even enter, let alone keep going
to the end!

Hopefully more of us can make it back to...
Forum: Unicycling August 12th 08, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By redwelly
Who has done a 24 hour ride?

joemarshall wrote:
Stops for injuries, eating, having a **** etc. allowed, but you must
still be going by the next day.

Would it count to do a random epic muni-ride with bivvy stop for a...
Forum: Unicycling August 10th 08, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By redwelly
RTL Video

Cool, that was a nice way to relive the memories. Nice to see things
from the German Speeders perspective. Thanks!

Sam

--...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 174