Showing results 1 to 25 of 110
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bill Bushnell
Forum: General January 20th 11, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 36
Posted By Bill Bushnell
Electric bikes.

dgk wrote:
On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 18:10:22 -0800, SMS
wrote:
You really want to avoid an eBike where the battery pack is placed over
the rear...
Forum: General January 20th 11, 07:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 36
Posted By Bill Bushnell
Electric bikes.

Fred wrote:
Thanks. So what are the pros/cons other comments re front drive vs rear hub
drive? I occasionally do long tours -around say 100-150 plus km (60 - 100
Forum: Techniques July 4th 10, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 141
Posted By Bill Bushnell
pedal question

thirty-six wrote:
On 4 July, 06:18, Bill Bushnell wrote:
The tube I was using was slightly oversized for the tire. ?Tube size was 1.75-2". ?
Tire...
Forum: Techniques July 4th 10, 07:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 141
Posted By Bill Bushnell
pedal question

wrote:
A quick look at your bike failures site didn't turn up the small
puncture that you're talking about--any chance of a photo link?

Carl:

Unfortunately, I did not have...
Forum: Techniques July 4th 10, 06:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 141
Posted By Bill Bushnell
pedal question

Jobst Brandt wrote:
Bill Bushnell wrote:
I didn't hear a pop, but when I inspected the tube, I discovered a
small tear (1mm long) that looks like it could have been...
Forum: Techniques July 3rd 10, 07:22 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 141
Posted By Bill Bushnell
pedal question

Jobst Brandt wrote:
Trevor Jeffry wrote:

'Black' raises a good question. My intuition is that plain or
anodized rims might cool better than painted but I don't...
Forum: Techniques November 30th 09, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Bill Bushnell
Front derailer recommendation sought

N8N wrote:
On Nov 30, 2:27?pm, Bill Bushnell wrote:
I'm assembling a triple chainring crank and planning to use something in the range
of the...
Forum: Techniques November 30th 09, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Bill Bushnell
Front derailer recommendation sought

I'm assembling a triple chainring crank and planning to use something in the range
of the following for the ring sizes:

large: 50-54 teeth
middle: 40-44 teeth
small: 24-28 teeth

None of the...
Forum: Rides November 18th 09, 04:50 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 1
Posted By Bill Bushnell
Big Sur Coast - Indians Tour, October/November 2009

Report: http://tinyurl.com/yatsdzh
Photos: http://tinyurl.com/y95elzg

--
Bill Bushnell
http://pobox.com/~bushnell/

Bill Sornson wrote:
Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
{snip}

One of the variables we've recently found responsible for shortening
cable life is the use of drink mixes in the...
Forum: General August 22nd 09, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 125
Posted By Bill Bushnell
Biking & bike care in winter?

In rec.bicycles.tech Bill Baka wrote:
Bill Bushnell wrote:
I think we are about ten miles out of sync. I took two cars to the top
of the trail past where the wrecks were...
Forum: Mountain Biking August 22nd 09, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 24

Bill Bushnell wrote:
I think we are about ten miles out of sync. I took two cars to the top
of the trail past where the wrecks were...
Forum: Mountain Biking August 22nd 09, 05:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 24
Posted By Bill Bushnell
Biking & bike care in winter?

In rec.bicycles.misc Jobst Brandt wrote:
Bill Baka wrote:
Another place there were about 5 cars in 1963 was at the end of a
road in Stevens creek reservoir area past a...
Forum: General August 22nd 09, 05:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike

Bill Baka wrote:
Another place there were about 5 cars in 1963 was at the end of a
road in Stevens creek reservoir area past a...
Forum: Techniques August 20th 09, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 94
Posted By Bill Bushnell
Rim cracks around the spoke holes

someone wrote:
It's not possible. But you've got me thinking on this on
different ways of connecting the bearing to the lightweight peripheral
rim. Ezekiel's...
Forum: Techniques August 20th 09, 04:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 94
Posted By Bill Bushnell
Rim cracks around the spoke holes

someone wrote:
On 19 Aug, 21:57, Bill Bushnell wrote:
someone wrote:
On 19 Aug, 04:25, Bill Bushnell ...
Forum: Techniques August 19th 09, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 94
Posted By Bill Bushnell
Rim cracks around the spoke holes

someone wrote:
On 19 Aug, 04:25, Bill Bushnell wrote:
I think this photo shows the effect better:

Forum: Techniques August 19th 09, 04:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 2009-08-18, Bill Bushnell wrote:
[...]
Is there a sweet spot of spoke tension between the "over-tensioned" final
state of my wheel...
Forum: Techniques August 19th 09, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 94
Posted By Bill Bushnell
Rim cracks around the spoke holes

AMuzi wrote:
someone wrote:
When well built, there are a range of spoke tension that is available
which allows tayloring of a wheels radial...
Forum: Techniques August 18th 09, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 94
Posted By Bill Bushnell
Rim cracks around the spoke holes

jim beam wrote:
if they're doing that, they're too loose. get the spoke tension spec
from the rim manufacturer and use that.

Although this information might be useful, I've...
Forum: Techniques August 18th 09, 07:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

someone wrote:
When well built, there are a range of spoke tension that is available
which allows tayloring of a wheels radial stiffness to suit the rider,
frame and...
Forum: Techniques August 18th 09, 06:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 94
Posted By Bill Bushnell
Rim cracks around the spoke holes

someone wrote:
On 18 Aug, 01:02, jim beam wrote:
Bill Bushnell wrote:
I just discovered that most of the drive-side spoke holes of one of my...
Forum: Techniques August 16th 09, 09:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 94
Posted By Bill Bushnell
Rim cracks around the spoke holes

I just discovered that most of the drive-side spoke holes of one of my rims
are showing radial cracks.

See: http://tinyurl.com/l8hh5v, and the next five photos in the album.

I have ridden this rim...
Forum: General July 11th 09, 06:09 AM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 83
Posted By Bill Bushnell
Too close call, with a possible lesson

In ba.bicycles Tim McNamara wrote:
In article ,
Bill Bushnell wrote:

snip

Bill, I think what you're...
Forum: General July 9th 09, 06:26 AM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 83
Posted By Bill Bushnell
Too close call, with a possible lesson

In ba.bicycles Tom Kunich cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote: