Showing results 1 to 25 of 140
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: fred_oakley
Forum: Unicycling May 7th 08, 02:21 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 840
Posted By fred_oakley
Post Your Unis Here!

Brian O. wrote:
Just got my frames back from being powder coated. The Kh frame on the LM
muni is black with white mist, it looks really badass.

26422

I think I have the same tire...
Forum: Unicycling April 19th 08, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 310
Posted By fred_oakley
Street Discussion Thread.

peleschramm wrote:
Eh, once you start practicing 1-6 hours a day heavily on a regular
basis, even young 16 year olds can get overuse injuries. It happens
quite often that my ankle or back or...
Forum: Unicycling April 17th 08, 02:56 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By fred_oakley
Yes or No on a 20" Flatland Uni

peleschramm wrote:
I would say a 20 inch simply because its lighter.

Well to get specific, the 20" rim is a Sun BFR and the 19" is a KH. I'm
not positive which one is lighter but I imagine...
Forum: Unicycling April 17th 08, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By fred_oakley
Yes or No on a 20" Flatland Uni

peleschramm wrote:
I prefer a freestyle for flatland anyways...

Well I guess what I'm saying is that I have all the good parts on one
uni, except for the smooth tire. But what I would like to...
Forum: Unicycling April 17th 08, 02:24 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By fred_oakley
Yes or No on a 20" Flatland Uni

Hey,

Currently I have a 19" unicycle with top grade parts, at least for
flatland/street. But I also have a modified Torker LX with a huge,
relatively low pressure 20" tire (I think it's a Schwalbe...
Forum: Unicycling June 28th 07, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 35
Posted By fred_oakley
Who is sponsored on here? and by who

uniimann89 wrote:
Who is sponsored on here? and by who

(ahem) I believe you mean "by whom"

Sorry, grammar is just kinda my thing (that, and unicycling) :p

--
Forum: Unicycling June 27th 07, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 96

Det-riot wrote:
yeah street cranks are great. I have a feeling i will like them more
once i can do flip tricks. If i can find a cheap used trials pair ill
buy them though

My 110's will...
Forum: Unicycling June 26th 07, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 96
Posted By fred_oakley
Color suggestions to sell my '05 KH Muni

Det-riot wrote:
i think mines cooler, but im very biased
20876

Well now that I look back, I wish I had the street cranks... but other
than that, mine's definitely cooler :p
Forum: Unicycling June 26th 07, 03:14 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 911
Posted By fred_oakley
Street Discussion Thread.

General Dibbles wrote:
the widest main street in the world is in iowa somewhere, and O street
in lincoln nebraska is the longest straigest main street in the world.

Yey, Iowa! (...not...
Forum: Unicycling June 26th 07, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 29
Posted By fred_oakley
koxx1 or Kris holm, which is the world greatest????

ilosttheotherwheel wrote:

*no* pre bought setups are *not* alowed!

So are prebought setups alowed or not?
Forum: Unicycling June 26th 07, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 96
Posted By fred_oakley
Color suggestions to sell my '05 KH Muni

UniGirl4 wrote:
I love the look of flames on a unicycle!
Mine is black with hot pink flames and my brothers is black with orange
flames :cool:

Haha, yet another excuse.

20857
Forum: Unicycling June 25th 07, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 96
Posted By fred_oakley
Color suggestions to sell my '05 KH Muni

Hazmat wrote:
That looks beasty. It almost looks like as if there were no spokes on
it. :D :D

Yeah, it's a beast. The only thing I don't like about it is the 22.2
seatpost. Very hard to...
Forum: Unicycling June 25th 07, 03:26 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 96
Posted By fred_oakley
Color suggestions to sell my '05 KH Muni

MuniAddict wrote:
You know I forgot to include *RED* in the poll. *Red* is a cool color so
I wonder why we don't see more *red* unis? Could it be because the
Torker DX's *red* cranks gave...
Forum: Unicycling June 23rd 07, 03:46 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 96
Posted By fred_oakley
Color suggestions to sell my '05 KH Muni

Do something exotic, like... turquoise! That'd be pretty cool.
Everything else has to be black though! Be sure to post pics of
whatever you do when you get it back :)

--
fred_oakley

ROLLING 360...
Forum: Unicycling June 22nd 07, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By fred_oakley
freestyle unis

I have 110 cranks on my 19" trials uni. I think they're all right.
Sometimes you have a little less control, but the extra speed is nice.
They look cool too ;)

Put up some pics when you get it. I...
Forum: Unicycling June 22nd 07, 10:39 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By fred_oakley
flatland trick name suggestions

Ok, I'm just gonna throw some stuff out there.

1. "egg roll" (i ate Chinese today :))
2. "double egg roll"
3. "90 to sideroll" sounds good
4. "270 to sideroll"
5. well, when you stand like that on...
Forum: Unicycling June 19th 07, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 68
Posted By fred_oakley
Uni Count

added a custom trials
and a bc

2144 unicycles
678 unicyclists

--
fred_oakley
Forum: Unicycling June 17th 07, 04:32 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Evan Byrne wrote:
20g if you want to go that far. Animal makes a 2.2 slick. Avocet fasgrip
makes a 1.75. The primo comet comes in 2.2 and 1.75, though it has
small tread it feels like a slick...
Forum: Unicycling June 17th 07, 04:02 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By fred_oakley
Real slick

Evan Byrne wrote:
If you want to ride a slick tire use a bmx rim, there are lots of slick
bmx tires.

Any examples of good 20" bmx rim and slick high-volume tire
combinations?
Forum: Unicycling June 15th 07, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 40
Posted By fred_oakley
The Orange Holm (modified KH uni)

Well.. since we're on the topic of colorful unis...

20601

I have some red petal protectors on now as well. I figured I'd stick to
two colors. I like it better that way. I guess yours is pretty...
Forum: Unicycling June 7th 07, 03:36 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By fred_oakley
Pedal Protector Sizing

zfreak220 wrote:
they also slow your uni down when you upd, cause as soon as the pedal
hits, the rubber grips the road and stops you from having to chase
after it. i'd assume this is more of a...
Forum: Unicycling June 7th 07, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By fred_oakley
Made the newspaper!

Wow that is sweet! Good for you. Nice tire grab by the way ;)

--
fred_oakley

*Rolling 360 Unispins!*
fred_oakley's...
Forum: Unicycling June 4th 07, 11:55 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By fred_oakley
Torker LX into Torker BMX

brendan wrote:
i think your best bet is to sell ur LX and buy a street uni...

I mean like u said, your frame won't fit antyhing bigger than a big
apple (if that), and your cranks will probs...
Forum: Unicycling June 3rd 07, 10:37 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By fred_oakley
Torker LX into Torker BMX

Well, I'm pretty sure that tire would fit my frame. If I'm right, I only
need .4 inches above the existing tire on the LX. If it didn't fit, I
could sand it or put it on my BC wheel. But I'd also...
Forum: Unicycling June 3rd 07, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By fred_oakley
new trials uni

feel the light wrote:
By the time you have 360 $, A E Bike should have the KH 20 back in
stock. It's like the difference between a K Mart bike and a real bike.
All the uni's you mention are...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 140