Replies: 15
Posted By Mark Shroyer
Yet Another Biking Massacre!

On 2008-06-02, rms wrote:
Two dead, several hospitalized after driver careens into Matamoros bike
tour:

Forum: Techniques April 27th 08, 08:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 129
Posted By Mark Shroyer
headlight recommend?

On 2008-04-26, Nate Nagel wrote:
Rode down to LBS today, explained my headlight dilemma (cross bike,
difficult to find space to mount headlight) and after explaining
Forum: General April 21st 08, 09:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 17
Posted By Mark Shroyer
Cycling licenses

In article ,
(Tom Keats) wrote:

In article ,
Mark Shroyer...
Forum: General April 21st 08, 08:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 17
Posted By Mark Shroyer
Cycling licenses

In article ,
(Tom Keats) wrote:

The people who promote such ideas are just mean-spirited meanies.

OT, but I find it amusing how, amidst all the...
Forum: Techniques December 17th 07, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Mark Shroyer
chain covers?

In article ,
Just A User wrote:

Just use a velco strap, you should be able find them online check
nashbar. Or you can...
Forum: General December 15th 07, 09:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 10
Posted By Mark Shroyer
Crash withut injury

On 2007-12-14, wrote:
http://www.rad-spannerei.de/blog/2007/12/12/spektakulaerer-fahrradunfall/

Jobst Brandt

"The impact was...
Forum: General December 11th 07, 06:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 27
Posted By Mark Shroyer
Crazy communist bike-riders

On 2007-12-11, Paul Myron Hobson wrote:
Mark (no relation) wrote:
i DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. uNSUBSCRIBE ME NOW.

i WILL REPORT YOU TO GOOGLE.

Please...
Forum: Techniques December 3rd 07, 11:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Mark Shroyer
Is Outlook Express the slowest newsreader in world history?

On 2007-12-03, Jay wrote:
Oh yeah; this should have been labeled OT.

I apologize - J.

That's OK; such general lack of etiquette is to be expected of
Outlook Express users...
Forum: Techniques November 17th 07, 06:34 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Mark Shroyer
Silly ergo bars

On 2007-11-13, Kurd wrote:
Did you write this question in 1997 and have it JUST now show up
on the newsgroup?

Unless.... maybe he is communicating to us through a time...
Forum: Techniques November 14th 07, 04:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 53
Posted By Mark Shroyer
Disc Brake v.s. Rim Brake

On 2007-11-14, wrote:
Mark Shroyer writes:

That said, I also reformat e-mails to be non-top posted because
it makes more...
Forum: Techniques November 14th 07, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 53
Posted By Mark Shroyer
Disc Brake v.s. Rim Brake

On 2007-11-14, Tim McNamara wrote:
Actually, slrn does provide this ability... Type ESC p to fetch
the parent of the current article, or ESC ^-p to fetch all
Forum: Techniques November 14th 07, 01:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 53
Posted By Mark Shroyer
Disc Brake v.s. Rim Brake

On 2007-11-11,
wrote:

Because of the...
Forum: Techniques November 14th 07, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 53
Posted By Mark Shroyer
Disc Brake v.s. Rim Brake

On 2007-11-11, Tim McNamara wrote:
That said, I also reformat e-mails to be non-top posted because it makes
more logical sense to the flow of the conversation using...
Forum: Techniques November 13th 07, 08:19 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Mark Shroyer
Embarrassingly idiotic Cateye headlight mounting bracket question

On 2007-11-12, MkTm wrote:
I couldn't find the manual for your light but other lights use the same
bracket.
http://www.cateye.com/sites/cateye/upload/manuals/en/

Forum: Techniques November 12th 07, 09:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Mark Shroyer
Embarrassingly idiotic Cateye headlight mounting bracket question

I while ago I put a mounting bracket for a Cateye HL-EL500 (530?)
headlamp on my bike's handlebars, and now I want to take it off --
but my preference not to destroy it in the process turns out to be...
Forum: Recumbent Biking October 26th 07, 04:56 AM Posted to nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.general,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 100
Posted By Mark Shroyer
Why Do People Fall Down?

On 2007-10-25, Prisoner at War wrote:
The last time I went flying off my bike (without a helmet, of
course) was on my 'bent, on the campus of the College of Staten
Forum: General October 26th 07, 04:56 AM Posted to nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.general,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 99
Posted By Mark Shroyer
Why Do People Fall Down?

On 2007-10-25, Prisoner at War wrote:
The last time I went flying off my bike (without a helmet, of
course) was on my 'bent, on the campus of the College of Staten
Forum: General October 26th 07, 04:49 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 30
Posted By Mark Shroyer
Rain Jacket removal survey

On 2007-10-25, Claire wrote:
Can you remove a rain jacket while riding?

H. I am a starving college student who doesn't have a "real"
cycling-oriented rain jacket; I use an...
Forum: Social Issues October 24th 07, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 1
Posted By Mark Shroyer
getting the wrong message about off road cyclists

On 2007-10-23, wrote:
if you think about it, not all off road bikers tear up trails.
Many large mountain biking help preserve the trails....
Forum: General October 21st 07, 06:51 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 10
Posted By Mark Shroyer
How to add more stuff to handlebars---one approach

On 2007-10-21, Joel Mayes wrote:
I do hope that the gameboy on top of his setup is a joke though.

I do hope that's a joke on your part :). Whatever it is, it's not...
Forum: Social Issues October 16th 07, 02:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 2
Posted By Mark Shroyer
fixed gears

On 2007-09-26, andy gee wrote:
Cops in New York typically only stop a rider on a non-standard
vehicle when they think he might have trouble stopping.

Sounds like a...
Forum: Techniques September 10th 07, 06:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 74
Posted By Mark Shroyer
Fixed gear bicycle sighting

On 2007-09-10, CNN_news wrote:
On Sep 9, 5:19 pm, Michael Press wrote:
Was up at the college library locking my bicycle.
Saw a fresh new fixed gear...
Forum: General July 17th 07, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 70
Posted By Mark Shroyer
Why are most older people brush passers?

On 2007-07-17, DI wrote:
Is a soccer mom in a SUV or an old fart in a luxury car any more
dangerous than if they were driving a Civic?

I'd say the SUV, at least, is potentially...
Forum: General July 15th 07, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By Mark Shroyer
Off-topic question about the Tour

On 2007-07-15, Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names wrote:
I'm trying to follow the Tour on my computer. The Tour website has a
live section that shows a profile of the day's...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 51