Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: P
Forum: UK April 20th 07, 09:47 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By P
Flying with a bike

In May I'm flying to Utah (Salt Lake City) for a few weeks, so have decided
to take my bike. What's the best way to get it there (mostly) intact? Put it
all in a bike bag, or wrap in bubblewrap /...
Forum: UK April 20th 07, 09:15 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 25
Posted By P
Cycling in the desert states of the US

Dave Larrington wrote:
Bit of a pain, though, coz AFAIK there aren't any direct flights from
Blighty to SLC. Which give the baggage handlers a second opportunity
to destroy one's...
Forum: UK April 13th 07, 08:34 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 19
Posted By P
Bee Hives

Ziggy wrote:
Since bee's generally die after stinging (as their stings are barbed)
they are unlikely to be as aggresive as wasps can be, from simple
self interest.

Trust me.. if a wasp stings...
Forum: UK April 6th 07, 09:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 47
Posted By P
If the wife complains about cycling costs.

Simon Mason wrote:
Like new jerseys or groupsets. I like to have this handy ;-)
You were saying dear?

http://www.swldxer.co.uk:80/zservice.jpg

You could always charge them £1,000 to point...
Forum: UK December 10th 06, 01:25 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
Posted By P
struggling to convince parents cycling isn't dangerous

Adam Lea wrote:
Now that Christmas is coming up and I am now in posession of a new
Birdy I was planning to go up to my parents for Christmas by bike and
train. However, my father insists on...
Forum: UK December 7th 06, 08:37 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By P
Bloody London Bus

wrote:
Peter Fox wrote:
Following on from Martin Dann's message. . .
Tom Crispin wrote:
For libel to succeed in law (but that's assuming a real court case
actually...
Forum: UK August 30th 06, 09:14 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By P
News from the barricades: Tour of Britain, stage one

BigRab wrote:
Race passed through my home town of Est Kilbride and started in
Glasgow near where I work and there was not a single sign of any event
promotion at all !

Is it the Masons that...
Forum: Racing August 30th 06, 09:14 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6

BigRab wrote:
Race passed through my home town of Est Kilbride and started in
Glasgow near where I work and there was not a single sign of any event
promotion at all !

Is it the Masons that...
Forum: UK August 21st 06, 10:57 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By P
Video proof as animals are skinned alive. SHOCK - Calls for China fur ban as animal cruelty exposed . - GRAPHIC WARNING!! HELP.

Colin wrote:
off topic spam and x posting snipped

How can you justify skinning an animal while it is still conscious

If it's a spammer no justification is necessary.
Forum: UK August 19th 06, 01:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 30
Posted By P
Bells to be made compulsory? "Scotland on Sunday" want your opinion.

Alan Holmes wrote:
What about the pedestrians who are deaf, and there are qite a lot of
those?

Restrict cycling to 4mph, and have a chap with a red flag precede each
cyclist. Deaf people will...
Forum: UK August 16th 06, 11:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 47
Posted By P
Scaried monent on a bike?

wrote:
What about all of you?

Coming down a hill in north Wales, securely strapped into the toeclips (it
was a long time ago), when the bottom bracket clip for the rear...
Forum: UK August 16th 06, 03:00 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 13
Posted By P
LIDL cycling wear size madness

wafflycat wrote:
The sizing refers to chest sizing - and the GB sizes are indicated by
the GB flag next to the number given.

Surely only Simon Cowell sizes his trouser waist by measuring his...
Forum: UK August 10th 06, 12:07 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By P

John B wrote:
ISTR the problems with the events referred to were that the riders
relieved themselves in the gardens of local residents prior to the
racing starting :-(

All they need to do is...
Forum: UK August 3rd 06, 09:00 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 50
Posted By P
Frank exchange of words with black cabbie New Topic Reply to Topic

spindrift wrote:
"Gimme a chance mate, use your indicators!"

"I don't need to indicate"

he said

And he's correct. He's wrong to force you to brake, of course - that's bad
observation /...
Forum: UK July 18th 06, 12:00 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By P
TDF Cycling Weekly comp- QUICK

Jan wrote:
Don't forget to enter this before noon Tuesday 18th - Tomorrow

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/competitions/index.php?id=718

Why? Surely the fewer people who enter, the more chance...
Forum: UK July 13th 06, 08:03 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
Posted By P
Cyclist down on Park Street Bristol, 5.15pm 12 July

lubaloo wrote:
On my ride home, I saw a poor guy who'd been knocked down on Park
Street, Bristol. There were people tending to him, the ambulance
hadn't arrived, someone was calling 999. I...
Forum: UK July 13th 06, 08:00 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 86
Posted By P
Stick to computers Sir Clive

Mark Thompson wrote:
2. Does the bike *really* fit into the palm of your hand?

No? Then why do the images suggest so?

Advertisers bluff on that one. If it's ridiculous enough then...
Forum: UK July 12th 06, 06:39 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 86
Posted By P
Stick to computers Sir Clive

bookieb wrote:
Just poking around the various sites:

http://www.a-bike.co.uk

I'm not sure if websites come under the ASA (Advertising Standards Agency),
but if they did, the website would...
Forum: UK July 12th 06, 06:33 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By P
Time Out's London cycling survey

congokid wrote:
I can't get back to the page now, but it should be here, if anyone
wants to take a look:

http://www.timeout.com/cycling

"Closing date: Friday July 14 2006

This...
Forum: UK July 10th 06, 11:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 93
Posted By P
Hanging Basket

Tom Crispin wrote:
The reply was:

Thanks Tom, but I regret we are unable to reproduce that pic because
of the helmet hanging from the handlebar.
Regards
Nick

Is there a problem with...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20