Group: rec.bicycles.misc
Date: Tue, Sep 12, 2006, 1:54pm (EDT-3)
From: (landotter)

Here she is, my first totally from scratch
wheel. Thought I'd never get around...
Forum: General September 13th 06, 08:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 18
Long rides

Group: rec.bicycles.misc
Date: Wed, Sep 13, 2006, 2:45pm (EDT+4)
From: (Claire*Petersky)

As for the cue sheet and your own
odometer not corresponding.... I know
my...
Forum: General September 13th 06, 08:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 12
Wind powered bike light

more efficient than that sloo-oow loading web page, I would hope.

But I wouldn't put my money into it. Wind is just not as effective as a
rolling wheel when it comes to turning something, especially...
Forum: General September 13th 06, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
What do you think---iPod speakers for the bike

Old school. I MacGyvered something like that way back in the eighty's
Now I just tuck a pair of small amplified walkman speakers into the side
pouches of my handlebar bag.

- -
Comments and opinions...
Forum: General September 13th 06, 08:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 10
Will a big company make a 650B bike?

I think Merlin makes a 650 dedicated frame, I know Terry does.

- -
Comments and opinions compliments of,
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

My web Site:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

To E-mail...
Forum: General September 13th 06, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
All around MTB tire selection?

No such animal. different conditions are best dealt with by different
tread patterns. Wide spaced knobs to shed mud, lots of knobs to hold
onto gravel and soft soil, smoother for hardpack and...
Forum: Techniques September 12th 06, 09:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Egg Beater end caps too soft

Group: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, Sep 11, 2006, 9:39pm (EDT-3)
From: (Nate*Knutson)

The larger contact area feels more
secure and also more comfortable,
especially since...
Forum: Techniques September 12th 06, 09:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Egg Beater end caps too soft

My Egg's are new enough that I have only had a chance to regrease them
once. but I too noiticed the problem you stated, the end caps having all
the consistancy of albumen (pun intended).

Thanks for...
Forum: Techniques September 12th 06, 09:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 37
squirrel autonomous defense theory

Group: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, Sep 11, 2006, 10:27pm (EDT-3)
From: (****Chas)

Remember, they're just hairy tailed tree
rats! Breaded and deep fried they taste
just...
Forum: Techniques September 12th 06, 09:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 37
squirrel autonomous defense theory

Not a bad idea, really. Even if he/she doesn't get out of the way at
least you're going straight and can bunn - er - squirrel hop the
critter.

- -
Comments and opinions compliments of,
"Your...
Forum: Techniques September 12th 06, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Should bar tape have sporadic or constant adhesive?

Group: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, Sep 11, 2006, 6:39am (EDT-3)

Chris Z The Wheelman wrote:

Ever since I've discovered the benifits of stitched leather...
Forum: Techniques September 12th 06, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Getting on and off a bike on rollers

OK, cicne walls, tables, chairs, etc. are out of the question, here's
what I did with my rollers.

Place a low step stool next to the rollers so you have something to put
your foot on,. Or even...
Forum: Techniques September 12th 06, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Shifter Cable End Knobs

For awhile, the lead-ends (knobs) on a MTB shifter cable was slightly
larger than those on road cables. Presumably because the cables
themselves were larger in diameter. I guess the manufacturers...
Forum: Techniques September 12th 06, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Cow Psychology

Group: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, Sep 11, 2006, 10:46pm (EDT+4)
From: (Bill*Sornson)

Pheromone chamois cream.

I don't even want to THINK of what could go wrong with that one!

Forum: Techniques September 12th 06, 08:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Cow Psychology

Have you tried dressing up like Ronald McDonald? Or Jack? ;-3)

Seriously though, you might invest in an air horn. The sharp, very loud
blast might inspire a retreat

- -
Comments and opinions...
Forum: General September 12th 06, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Picture

We could do that. You can upload photos to http://tinyurl.com and post a
link to them. Also, I have a "Concours d'Elegance" at my website for
displaying your beloved machines, with seperate showrooms...
Forum: General September 12th 06, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Beginner's tire changing question

Let's put it this way: 0.05 inches is less than the thickness of a dime.
I think the rubber can handle that. :-3)

- -
Comments and opinions compliments of,
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

My...
Forum: General September 12th 06, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Neck pain!

As I'm sure others have already mentioned, neck pain (as with most
pains) are usually attributed to poor bike adjustment. In this case
either handlebard to far forwards (or seat too far back), Bars...
Forum: General September 12th 06, 07:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 18
Long rides

Group: rec.bicycles.misc
Date: Mon, Sep 11, 2006, 10:41am (EDT-3)
From: )

Now, a new question - what is your
longest training ride? Mine is 153...
Forum: General September 12th 06, 07:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 21
Lunch for long rides

Group: rec.bicycles.misc Date: Tue, Sep 12, 2006, 3:27pm (EDT+4)
From: (Bill*Baka)

I learned my lesson last year on one of
my mountain rides around Beale AFB, by
necessity 70...
Forum: General September 12th 06, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 11
Mother of all tight tires! (or the curse of Carl)

I would seriously check both the tire size and the rim, it sounds like
one or the other is an odd size, like on the early Schwinns.

- -
Comments and opinions compliments of,
"Your Friendly...
Forum: General September 12th 06, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 22
Traffic jam riding

Group: rec.bicycles.misc Date: Tue, Sep 12, 2006, 6:56pm (EDT+5)
From: (Jim*Higson)

I'd have to petition for it to be built first :)
Well, I suppose there *is* a another way,
but it...
Forum: General September 12th 06, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 22
Traffic jam riding

You're in town, right?

Find another road.

- -
Comments and opinions compliments of,
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

My web Site:
http://geocities.com/czcorner
Forum: General September 12th 06, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 10
question about radial spoke pattern

To answer Giles question, I sould have added that this would apply only
to bikes with front disc brakes, because the braking foirces which are
at the hub must be transferred through the spokes to the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 154