Showing results 1 to 25 of 28
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dave
Forum: Recumbent Biking September 14th 06, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 58
Posted By Dave
Riding a bicycle in traffic

People are far more distracted with cell phones, pda s, elaborate sound
systems, ect.,, than they used to be. They had a guy dress up as a gorilla
for a test. They had several drivers drive a pre...
Forum: Rides September 14th 06, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 31
Posted By Dave
Riding a bicycle in traffic

People are far more distracted with cell phones, pda s, elaborate sound
systems, ect.,, than they used to be. They had a guy dress up as a gorilla
for a test. They had several drivers drive a pre...
Forum: Social Issues September 14th 06, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 33
Posted By Dave
Riding a bicycle in traffic

People are far more distracted with cell phones, pda s, elaborate sound
systems, ect.,, than they used to be. They had a guy dress up as a gorilla
for a test. They had several drivers drive a pre...
Forum: General September 14th 06, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 33
Posted By Dave
Riding a bicycle in traffic

People are far more distracted with cell phones, pda s, elaborate sound
systems, ect.,, than they used to be. They had a guy dress up as a gorilla
for a test. They had several drivers drive a pre...
Forum: Techniques September 13th 06, 05:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Dave
Proper chain waxing techs

Thank you for the info! I'm not too computer savy :-(
Dave
http://www.noweldrecumbent.com

"John Everett" wrote in...
Forum: Techniques September 12th 06, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 32
Posted By Dave
Keeping dogs at bay

I totally agree with whats been said. A stick, umbrella I used once startled
a dog, stopping also helps. If all else fails my handy dandy fox labs pepper
spray is the last straw. They don't make a...
Forum: General September 12th 06, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 18
Posted By Dave
bike bags

The final product looks pretty good thnx for posting the crazy guy link.
These will make a handy set of carriers for anyone.
Dave
http://www.noweldrecumbent.com

"Earl Bollinger"...
Forum: Techniques September 11th 06, 03:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 32
Posted By Dave
Keeping dogs at bay

I carry a one pound can of Fox Pepper Spray
http://www.defensedevices.com/foxlabonepou.html
with the riot pistol grip n holster. Shoots 30 feet, it will stop an entire
gang of dogs, it works on...
Forum: Techniques September 11th 06, 03:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Dave
Proper chain waxing techs

I tried google and came up empty looking for articles on proper cleaning,
and waxing chains. Anyone have any links to good articles about this please?
thanks
Dave
http://www.noweldrecumbent.com
Forum: General September 11th 06, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 18
Posted By Dave
bike bags

Nashbars started carrying these again too if I'm not mistaken. They are
great all around bags for carrying stuff. I have the Nashbars
Dave
http://www.noweldrecumbent.com

"Steve Sr."...
Forum: General September 11th 06, 03:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 18
Posted By Dave
bike bags

Hey they make good seats off the bike at a campsite too turned upside down
!!
Dave
http://www.noweldrecumbent.com

"Bill Baka" wrote in...
Forum: General September 11th 06, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 28
Posted By Dave
Mapping Software for Making Map and Cue Sheets - Recommendations?

Try http://www.jdmcox.com a free mapping program. Works for me.
Cheers,
Dave
http://www.noweldrecumbent.com

"Chris Neary" wrote in...
Forum: Techniques September 11th 06, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 27
Posted By Dave
Mapping Software for Making Map and Cue Sheets - Recommendations?

Try http://www.jdmcox.com a free mapping program. Works for me.
Cheers,
Dave
http://www.noweldrecumbent.com

"Chris Neary" wrote in...
Forum: Rides September 11th 06, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 31
Posted By Dave
Riding a bicycle in traffic

My ex roomate was loosing movement in his legs falling down a lot, and told
me barely has any feeling in his legs to this day. He rear ended a ladies
car, guess the mini stroke had something to do...
Forum: General September 11th 06, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 33
Posted By Dave
Riding a bicycle in traffic

My ex roomate was loosing movement in his legs falling down a lot, and told
me barely has any feeling in his legs to this day. He rear ended a ladies
car, guess the mini stroke had something to do...
Forum: Recumbent Biking September 11th 06, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 58
Posted By Dave
Riding a bicycle in traffic

My ex roomate was loosing movement in his legs falling down a lot, and told
me barely has any feeling in his legs to this day. He rear ended a ladies
car, guess the mini stroke had something to do...
Forum: Social Issues September 11th 06, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 33
Posted By Dave
Riding a bicycle in traffic

My ex roomate was loosing movement in his legs falling down a lot, and told
me barely has any feeling in his legs to this day. He rear ended a ladies
car, guess the mini stroke had something to do...
Forum: Techniques September 5th 06, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Dave
esoteric front derailleurs....

Have one of those buggers on my wifes cannondale tourer, it sucks having the
shifter work in reverse, keep forgeting :-I
Dave
http://www.noweldrecumbent.com

wrote in...
Forum: Marketplace September 4th 06, 04:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 4
Posted By Dave
Cool way to find bicycle gear on ebay

Best way to find deals is when people place them in the wrong catagories.
Guess a general word search would find it though.

"Dave" wrote in...
Forum: Techniques August 31st 06, 04:31 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave
specialized armadillo delamination

Thank you for the heads up on them, I'll pay closer attention to them, and
post the results here.
Dave
http://www.noweldrecumbent.com

"Earl Bollinger" wrote in...
Forum: Techniques August 30th 06, 01:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave
specialized armadillo delamination

Yikes I just bought a pair of these for my C-dale! How many miles or time
past before you noticed this please? Thanks
Dave
http://www.noweldrecumbent.com

"Earl Bollinger"...
Forum: Social Issues August 30th 06, 01:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc,misc.kids,soc.culture.usa,alt.parenting.solutions
Replies: 28
Posted By Dave
The Bicycle Loses Ground as a Symbol of Childhood Liberty

One thing about this that brings to mind, never, never let your kid ride a
bike with his name anywhere on it! Makes em too easy a prey for someone to
act like they know them, and cause them...
Forum: Techniques August 27th 06, 04:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By Dave
spokes keep loosening

The odd thing about the entire problem is only three spokes loosened and
they were knowhere near each other, all the rest of the spokes remained
tensioned. That's what puzzled me about the whole...
Forum: Techniques August 27th 06, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By Dave
spokes keep loosening

The odd thing about the entire problem is only three spokes loosened and
they were knowhere near each other, all the rest of the spokes remained
tensioned. That's what puzzled me about the whole...
Forum: Rides August 27th 06, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 2
Posted By Dave
Rear Touring Tire ,, recommendation.

http://schwalbe.com/language/

"Dave" wrote in message
schwalbe marathon plus tires are it, they no longer have conti...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 28