Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.52 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Paul M. Hobson
Forum: General February 1st 08, 02:31 AM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 201
Posted By Paul M. Hobson
Dangerous bike lane obstructions in Redwood City

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
http://picasaweb.google.com/ChainReactionBicycles/BikeLaneDangerInRedwoodCity

Has anybody else had to deal with anything this hostile, placed directly
into a bike...
Forum: General January 28th 08, 04:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By Paul M. Hobson
Water filtering bike

ZBicyclist wrote:
http://www.ecospace.cc/water/water-filtering-bike-0108.htm#comment-1679

"The Aquaduct is a pedal powered vehicle that stores, filters and transports
water; aimed for use...
Forum: General January 24th 08, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 11
Posted By Paul M. Hobson
Fixing Handlebar Gear Shifter on a Fuji Hybrid Bicycle

C Yohman wrote:
Do these grip shifters include instructions for removal and
installation?

More than likely. There are bountiful resources on the internet as well.

\\paul
Forum: Techniques January 23rd 08, 02:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Paul M. Hobson
fixed gear conversion part question

Jeff wrote:

"A Muzi" wrote in message

Something like this?
http://www.arizonatools.com/detail/NIC04995
Forum: General January 22nd 08, 03:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 24
Posted By Paul M. Hobson
What ONE thing would you change about your favorite (or mostridden) bike or its accessories?

Rex Kerr wrote:
I can't find it now, but I once saw somebody's writeup online where they
cut their fender in two at the fork mounting point and made a small
metal bracket to go through the...
Forum: General January 20th 08, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 32
Posted By Paul M. Hobson
Cold belly after riding???

Paul M. Hobson wrote:
Frank,

I got home about 10 minutes ago and my belly is still cold.

Tom Sherman wrote:
Ain't no cold in Georgia!

I didn't say it was. FWIW, it'll be -7 deg. C...
Forum: Techniques January 20th 08, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 30
Posted By Paul M. Hobson
Cold belly after riding???

Tom Sherman wrote:
Ain't no cold in Georgia!

I didn't say it was. FWIW, it'll be -7 deg. C...
Forum: Techniques January 18th 08, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 30
Posted By Paul M. Hobson
Cold belly after riding???

wrote:
Maybe this belongs in rec.bicycles.anatomical.weirdness instead. But:

When I get in after a ride, my belly is cold. Specifically, the skin
at the center of my...
Forum: General January 18th 08, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 32
Posted By Paul M. Hobson
Cold belly after riding???

wrote:
Maybe this belongs in rec.bicycles.anatomical.weirdness instead. But:

When I get in after a ride, my belly is cold. Specifically, the skin
at the center of my...
Forum: General January 18th 08, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Rex Kerr wrote:
What ONE thing would you change about your favorite (or most ridden)
bike or its accessories?

I know that favorite & most ridden aren't necessarily the same bike, but
Forum: Techniques January 17th 08, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 55
Posted By Paul M. Hobson
Answer from Baghdad [was: Bicycle Drift, revisited...]

Thanks for the follow up, Frank. In my mind, that settles it.

\\paul
Forum: Techniques January 17th 08, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 55
Posted By Paul M. Hobson
Bicycle Drift, revisited...

Paul M. Hobson wrote:
A while back, there was a thread discussing the technique, equipment,
and road conditions required to "peel out" on a bicycle like this:
Forum: Techniques January 10th 08, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Paul M. Hobson
Tektro 200A and Cane Creek SCR brake levers

Michael Johnson wrote:
I've installed a couple sets of these (the 200A levers), and they are
high quality, and very comfortable under the hands. The integrated quick
release makes them...
Forum: Techniques January 7th 08, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 55
Posted By Paul M. Hobson
Bicycle Drift, revisited...

A while back, there was a thread discussing the technique, equipment,
and road conditions required to "peel out" on a bicycle like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzC6yU6DhkY

I won't pretend...
Forum: Techniques January 2nd 08, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Paul M. Hobson
auto-shifting in the front

Jim F wrote:
I wonder if they over-corrected the straightening of the rear derailer
hanger. Might a too-inward alignment of a rear der hanger cause
auto-shifting in the front?

I wouldn't...
Forum: Techniques January 2nd 08, 07:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 118
Posted By Paul M. Hobson
How to descend... FAST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWLbu1wIIEo

Robert 15757? writes:
Sick. Awesome. I think a Eurostyle road surface would be a
requirement for that. One American pothole would put an...
Forum: Techniques December 28th 07, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Paul M. Hobson
Broken dropout on vintage Trek Frame

wrote:
Hello all,

I was building up a vintage steel Trek 950 frame from 1981 tonight and
noticed a cracked rear derailleur dropout. Can anyone recommend a
Forum: General December 28th 07, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 10
Posted By Paul M. Hobson
Marin joins the unusable Flash based website club

Tom Sherman wrote:
landotter ??? wrote:
On Dec 27, 8:39 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
landotter who? wrote:
I'm venturing that the Flash based...
Forum: General December 28th 07, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By Paul M. Hobson
Bike punks?

Paul M. Hobson wrote:
BTW, I guess you could put me into this group. Seeing as I was in a
touring band for a while and got on a bike at the same time.

For further reference, I drummed for the...
Forum: General December 28th 07, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By Paul M. Hobson
Bike punks?

Jym Dyer wrote:
I wonder how many people here got into cycling through punk rock?

=v= Cycling first (and always). Punk complements it.

If so, do you still consider yourself...
Forum: Techniques December 22nd 07, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Paul M. Hobson
Track Bike/Frame help

MattP wrote:

Any help on these ? would be appreciated

Matt P

Matt,

In the Atlanta area, I know that Atlanta Velo Exchange and Outback bikes
deal with a lot of the track racers in the...
Forum: Techniques December 21st 07, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By Paul M. Hobson
Canti brakes, insufficient power?

webhead wrote:
Hi all,

At the moment the brake blocks in there are those that came with the
brakes. I assume this is somewhat el-cheapo material though but I can
say my brake power is...
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22