Settled Science? by Andre Jute[_2_]
What I've been saying since I was a precocious teenager with a column in a national broadsheet is now official:...
by news18 Go to last post
145 1,270 Techniques
Performance Goes Chapter 11 by jbeattie
Oh well: https://www.bicycleretailer.com/industry-news/2018/11/15/ase-owner-performance-bicycle-and-asi-file-chapter-11#.W_HVJ-hKjIU -- Jay Beattie.
by sms Go to last post
15 16 Techniques
relation between saddle height and horizontal position by Emanuel Berg[_3_]
If you radically increase the height of the saddle, does it typically make sense to move the saddle a bit forward as well? This is my intuition but I have been...
by John B. slocomb Go to last post
14 115 Techniques
Chain Lube? by John B. slocomb
I wonder whether this product might not be a useful chain lube https://tinyurl.com/yc8dwzfp cheers, John B.
by John B. slocomb Go to last post
72 250 Techniques
Carbon Fiber wheels by [email protected]
I bought a set of clincher carbon fiber wheels and they are very good. But I would like to get rid of that heavy saddle pack. So I decided to convert to...
Today 02:15 AM
by John B. slocomb Go to last post
by John B. slocomb Go to last post
877 167,149 General
Chain wear and cassette question by Joerg[_2_]
To my amazement a Sachs-Sedis chain will absolutely not exceed 0.5% stretch after more than 5000mi, despite some hills where one has to stand in the pedals....
by news18 Go to last post
73 252 Techniques
Transport chiefs plan 20mph speed limit and new cycle lane nearLondon Bridge station in bid to cut pollution by Bod[_5_]
Transport chiefs are planning to slash the speed limit and introduce a cycle lane on a key central London road in a bid to prioritise buses and...
Tubeless Tires. by [email protected]
Finding good data on tubeless tires is hard. And especially so if you have to talk to weekend racers. So here is what I've studied and the conclusions I've...
Colnago CLX 3.0 by [email protected]
I obtained a 2014 CLX frame, fork, headset and seatpost for a reasonable charge. The man who originally bought it partially assembled it to discover the bike...
Oregon judge: Bike lanes don't continue through intersections by Frank Krygowski[_4_]
According to an Oregon judge, bike lanes don't legally exist in intersections. It's a bit odd, because car lanes do, even though (for practical reasons)...
cleaning the bike by Emanuel Berg[_3_]
The commune is setting up a bike maintenance station. There are no tools so far, or perhaps because it is open 24/7 so if there were they would disappear. But...
Mike Vandemann wannabe? by AMuzi
https://bikeportland.org/2018/11/14/i-205-path-booby-trap-suspects-in-court-today-to-face-felony-assault-charges-292117?utm_source=Bicycle+Retailer+Newletters&u...
Preserving en-route repair material by Tanguy Ortolo
Hello all, As probably many of you, I keep essential repair tools and material in a small bag under my saddle, that is: a folding screwdriver, a spare...
Hit by car by Andy
I was crossing crosswalk with green light. Lady made a right at red light. She never looked right. I was hit. Broke left hand and neck pain. I will never...
Practice what you preach? by [email protected]
The hypocrisy of cyclists.... https://tinyurl.com/yb6bdkdh
by Peter Keller[_3_] Go to last post