Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mike Vermeulen
Forum: Rides August 23rd 06, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 16
Posted By Mike Vermeulen
Trip Report: Key West - Savannah - Arkansas - Milwaukee

Thanks for posting. I recognized a number of the places in cycling
through but they were different trips for me (e.g. A1A, Natchez Trace,
Helena AR, Dekalb were all different rides).

Your riding...
Forum: Techniques August 22nd 06, 04:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 35
Posted By Mike Vermeulen
What in your mind makes perfect loaded touring bike?

What "features" in your mind make the perfect loaded
touring bike?

Some of the things you mention below are matters of
personal preference and sources of flame fest otherwise.

What I do like...
Forum: Rides August 22nd 06, 04:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 6
Posted By Mike Vermeulen
What in your mind makes perfect loaded touring bike?

What "features" in your mind make the perfect loaded
touring bike?

Some of the things you mention below are matters of
personal preference and sources of flame fest otherwise.

What I do like...
Forum: Rides August 17th 06, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 3
Posted By Mike Vermeulen
Should be Rear Touring Wheel ...

It is the Wheel that I am interested in replacing before I go on a long
adventure.

It depends a little on your weight and other factors.

In 1997, I crossed Canada on a Cannondale T1000 touring...
Forum: Recumbent Biking August 14th 06, 02:32 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 58
Posted By Mike Vermeulen
Riding a bicycle in traffic

I have expanded the newsgroups as there is no one who is into cycling who
will not enjoy these videos.

This post redirects replies back to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent.
Those who are interested,...
Forum: Rides August 4th 06, 05:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 8
Posted By Mike Vermeulen
looking for LOT's of info

A couple years back, a dad & lad pair did a similar route (on a
Viewpoint tandem) around the same time of year.

I think you are thinking of this web...
Forum: Rides July 31st 06, 04:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 8
Posted By Mike Vermeulen
looking for LOT's of info

I'm curious if anyone has any feedback on whether it is still legal
to ride the shoulder of the interstate in most of the west.

I'll second the suggestion you've already received about using...
Forum: Rides July 21st 06, 04:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 7
Posted By Mike Vermeulen
Panniers vs. Trailers?

I'd like to hear what people think of the strengths and weaknesses
of using panniers versus trailers for long bike trips.

Note that Adventure Cycling has covered this topic a few times. Here...
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8