Showing results 1 to 24 of 24
Search took 1.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ken Pisichko
Forum: Techniques December 6th 06, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 91
Posted By Ken Pisichko
How to measure chain wear with digital vernier?

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
Artoi wrote:

In article ,
"Ozark Bicycle" wrote:

Forum: Techniques December 5th 06, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By Ken Pisichko
freewheel removal +

Sir Ridesalot wrote:
If you can't get the freewheel off try getting your local bike shop to
do it for you. It should cost only a few dollars.

Good luck.

Peter

It costs at most $5...
Forum: Australia December 2nd 06, 12:54 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 13
Posted By Ken Pisichko
How fast to change a flat??

Absent Husband wrote:
So just wondering - how long do YOU normally take to change a flat??
What's your fastest ever??

Cheers,
Abby

I didn't know changing tires could become some sort...
Forum: Rides October 28th 06, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 29
Posted By Ken Pisichko
Suggestions for European tour?

Dennis P. Harris wrote:
On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 20:53:13 -0500 in rec.bicycles.rides, Ken
Pisichko wrote:

Next summer I want to travel from
the D-Day beaches through...
Forum: Rides October 28th 06, 02:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 29
Posted By Ken Pisichko
Suggestions for European tour?

wrote:
Lonnie, I've done 51 bike tours in much of Europe and one in Cape
Breton Island.

The answer depends on

1. How fit you are
2. How many miles you like per day.
Forum: Australia October 25th 06, 11:02 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 11
Posted By Ken Pisichko
Going to Hong Kong

The Doctor wrote:
I am travelling to Hong Kong around December. Given that a lot of things
can
bought via the Internet these days. Are they anything worth picking up
in HK? My budget is...
Forum: Techniques October 21st 06, 04:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 41
Posted By Ken Pisichko
Wheel (not tire) sizing

Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:
Why bother to ride if walking is faster? ;)

Riding a bike (and this thread) is not about speed - is it?? ;-)

Ken, Canada
Forum: Australia October 17th 06, 05:23 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 18
Posted By Ken Pisichko
Bike wreck or vintage bling?

Peter Signorini wrote:
Well look what the cat dragged in!
http://sports.webshots.com/album/554869901OnlTIP

After all that roadie hot gear at the Bicycle Australia Show I decided to
check...
Forum: Australia October 10th 06, 03:25 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By Ken Pisichko
Finally I feel like a cyclist :)

Bean Long wrote:
just us wrote:
... I live near Atherton and riding to Mareeba at 5.45am each day is
just terrific. Hardly any traffic, roos on the side of roads, sun
just rising,...
Forum: Australia October 7th 06, 10:50 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By Ken Pisichko
Finally I feel like a cyclist :)

Hi Kathy,

I am STILL suffering from the withdrawl of not bicycling. You ARE doing
great. The road from Mareeba to Tolga is a bit of a challenge - that
said, you are doing great. It sounds like...
Forum: Australia October 1st 06, 03:45 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 26
Posted By Ken Pisichko
Cycling the perimeter of Australia

Fractal wrote:
The road trains are usually pretty good and will move over to pass you
safely unless there is oncoming traffic, in which case best strategy is to
slow down, and get off the...
Forum: Australia October 1st 06, 03:37 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 26
Posted By Ken Pisichko
Cycling the perimeter of Australia

BT Humble wrote:
Try to time it so that your riding along the top end and across the
Nullarbor is in the May-September timeframe, that will still be plenty
hot enough for you.

Forum: Australia October 1st 06, 03:26 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By Ken Pisichko
The best bike shops in Brisbane???

Wilfred Kazoks wrote:
... I also recommend lowering the gearing. A lot of bikes
are geared too high for loaded touring. You will be glad to coast down the
hills.

Wilfred
Get low gearing...
Forum: General September 30th 06, 01:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 19
Posted By Ken Pisichko
Need good saddle

wrote:
Hi...

I am a casual rider. I ride about 30-40 miles about once a week on
a hybrid on paved bike paths. I have a large Avenir saddle that is
very comfortable...
Forum: Australia September 29th 06, 11:48 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 24
Posted By Ken Pisichko
The things people carry when touring.

Terryc wrote:
Thanks for that. There has been a bit of discussion on Steve Robert's
Microship forum (currently offline) on this problem. Low tech simple
solution are certain preferrable over...
Forum: Australia September 29th 06, 05:20 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 23
Posted By Ken Pisichko
Assulted by Pedestrian

DaveB wrote:
A soaking with the water bottle seems appropriate.

Full of old cat **** (I mean RIPE) perhaps. But hen that is a waste of
a good water bottle. Oh well, a Molitov coctail perhaps...
Forum: Australia September 29th 06, 05:15 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 24
Posted By Ken Pisichko
The things people carry when touring.

Terryc wrote:
Ken Pisichko wrote:

Hi Kathy, this is Ken - the "guy". There was no problem getting
to Darwin with all my stuff - in fact doing it my way was a "hoot". I
never...
Forum: Australia September 28th 06, 01:11 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 13
Posted By Ken Pisichko
Easy to understand book on maintenance?

Peter Signorini wrote:
"Ken Pisichko" wrote:

break down occurs - and it will! One fellow, I met, did not want to bring
a spare tire in Cairns -so he had to wait 2 days in Georgetown...
Forum: Australia September 28th 06, 05:58 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 13
Posted By Ken Pisichko
Easy to understand book on maintenance?

just us wrote:
Can anyone tell me what would be a good book to buy to help me learn a
little bit of bike maintainance? I can change a tyre (tube) and can oil the
chain and that is about it....
Forum: Australia September 28th 06, 05:23 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 24
Posted By Ken Pisichko
The things people carry when touring.

just us wrote:
A couple of nights ago we had a guy stay who was going to bike across to
Normanton, Burketown, Roper Bar and through to Mataranka and up to Darwin.
He had a trailer, 4...
Forum: Techniques September 20th 06, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Ken Pisichko
How Long is the Brooks B17 CS Break-In Period?

landotter wrote:
wrote:

Hi Land,

My main concern is bruising the saddle when the bike tips over. I have
a double kickstand on order from Sheldon - I believe this...
Forum: Australia September 17th 06, 02:40 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By Ken Pisichko
Great ride to Cooktown :)

just us wrote:
Well we are just home after a terrific few days conquering the road to
Cooktown from Mareeba. Highly recommended! The road is first class, used by
a lot of big trucks and...
Forum: General September 12th 06, 03:52 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 28
Posted By Ken Pisichko
In praise of hot showers

Claire Petersky wrote:
And I do appreciate the shower being *hot*. It was a bummer, STP 2004, when
the water was all cold at the Winlock HS gym. Fortunately, the water was
still hot at...
Forum: Australia September 5th 06, 07:14 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 30
Posted By Ken Pisichko
Bicycle Maps

Terryc wrote:
Artoi wrote:

Another consideration is to get a small GPS unit (eg. Garmin's eTrex
Vista Cx) and have all the detailed road maps you need in one package.

You...
Showing results 1 to 24 of 24