Showing results 1 to 25 of 83
Search took 3.41 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: hansc
Forum: Unicycling December 3rd 08, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By hansc
My road uni dream

1:25? Wouldn't that feel more like a 725er?
(Sorry, couldn't resist).

I wonder when we will see unicycles with one fixed gear ratio (apart
from 1:1) on the market.

--...
Forum: Unicycling November 20th 08, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By hansc
The $3 Handle Experiment

colin340;1133931 wrote:

think it would help on a 24 if i was just doing some high speed muni ??

Personally I wouldn't want a handlebar on my Muni. I don't see any
benefits, and the risk of...
Forum: Unicycling November 19th 08, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By hansc
The $3 Handle Experiment

Looks quite like 'hbar' (http://tinyurl.com/6fo3bg) to me. Good job!

I'm going for a similar handle bar on my 29". But first I have to get
the unicycle. Anyway, your picture shows that there are...
Forum: Unicycling November 17th 08, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 25
Posted By hansc
What unicycle should I get next?

I learned on a 26", so going from 20" to 29" shouldn't be impossible. It
will take some time to get used to, but if you start with longer cranks
I think it'll be OK.

Most tricks are harder to do on...
Forum: Unicycling November 6th 08, 09:34 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By hansc
Pimped-out KH 36 distance Uni w/ aero bar: Its all frigging Blue, pictures attached

Wicked! Do you have any pictures that shows you riding in the tucked
position?

--
hansc
hansc's Profile:...

peleschramm;1126068 wrote:
Lol you said to revive another thread in that thread.

I'm a necromancer, you see. ;)

That's actually quite scary. I did a quick search and found that I've
only used...
Forum: Unicycling November 6th 08, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By hansc
Now famous unicyclist

Actually more like 19.8214594 km/h.

By the way, this is the perfect opportunity to revive 'this'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72934) thread, don't
you think? :)

--...
Forum: Unicycling November 4th 08, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By hansc
A couple of questions from a newbie..

Ty It's a really knobbly Kenda - would I be better to change this to
a smoother tread for learning?

I've heard that it's easier to learn with a smooth tire....
Forum: Unicycling November 3rd 08, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 66
Posted By hansc
"BMX is cooler" "Unicycling is gay"

OK, BMX is cooler. So what?

Probably pointless arguing with the guy but whats some replies that will
just shut him up?

Unless that guy really loves to hear his own voice, ignoring can be a
Forum: Unicycling October 31st 08, 08:45 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By hansc
Looking for a video...

Yep, it's turtle's video.
YouTube - up!

Enjoy. :)

--
hansc
hansc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/15945

Magixause;1109770 wrote:
How bout we take the time that we could use being an idiot about someone
making a topic and use it to answer the question!

So you're saying that I'm the idiot?

1. I...
Forum: Unicycling October 8th 08, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By hansc
best crank length for trials?

Hm. Why doesn't my link work anymore?

Anyway. Go to "Advanced Search". In the options, choose "Search Titles
Only" and enter relevant keywords, such as "trials crank" (without the
"").

--...
Forum: Unicycling October 8th 08, 11:55 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By hansc
best crank length for trials?

Do you think you're the first one to ask that question? No? Then
'search' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/search.php?searchid=726699)!
:)

--...
Forum: Unicycling October 1st 08, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By hansc
Help me to figure out ! Plus, share the insight of you with guys!

jessiecolorful;1105589 wrote:
Hi!everyone,
let me introduce myself first, my name is Jessie, I come from Asia, I
am not really good in expressing, but I have some questions about
unicycles,...
Forum: Unicycling October 1st 08, 06:20 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By hansc
Riding SIF for Distance

The Extremist;1105764 wrote:
hey guys i am seriously new to unicycling.. but i mastering it slowly..
I am just confused on the issue of Sif, Seat In Front.. Does this mean
that you stand and...
Forum: Unicycling September 29th 08, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By hansc
Magura HS33 - Squeals like a pig

From 'Maggie FAQ' (http://tinyurl.com/4jfwv4):

*Q* - You guys keep bragging that Magura brakes don't squeal. I just
fitted new ones and they squeal a bit. Why are you guys lying?

*A.* Noooooo,...
Forum: Unicycling September 26th 08, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 79
Posted By hansc
How about 32" unicycles? Or 34"?

I refrained from submitting my last reply because I thought it sounded
too harsh, but now I feel I have to share my opinion. Basically, I agree
with tholub and Klaas Bil - bumping is not cool.

If a...
Forum: Unicycling September 24th 08, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By hansc
backpack

psbagumba wrote:
I'll often bring groceries home in a backpack. - not a week's worth,
just stuff for that night's dinner.

Same here - although I buy groceries for a week. Weights at least 5...
Forum: Unicycling September 21st 08, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By hansc
Intro, feet, and wheel size

NormanW wrote:

One question, what are "drops" that might cause me to hurt myself?

Ah. I meant that you shouldn't use the balls of your feet when riding
down a drop. It's not good for you...
Forum: Unicycling September 21st 08, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By hansc
Intro, feet, and wheel size

Hey Norman, welcome to the forums!

I learned on a 26" Nimbus. I even used a fat off-road tire (26x3.0), so
it is definitely possible to learn on a 26er. Don't know if I would have
progressed faster...
Forum: Unicycling September 21st 08, 08:46 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By hansc
Hey!

Listing every trick and describing how to do them could take some time.
Instead I'll link to the 'IUF unicycle levels'
(http://www.unicyclist.org/cont/levels.cfm) with _some_...
Forum: Unicycling September 20th 08, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 35
Posted By hansc
2007 to 2008 KH prices

"danger_uni" wrote:
I don't have prices yet. Likely prices will go up somewhat, not so
much due to the upgrades, but rather due to the high price of oil and
metals.

'Kris'...
Forum: Unicycling September 19th 08, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34
Posted By hansc
29" Discussion thread

lunicycle wrote:
The Panaracer Rampage 2.35 also works great for muni on a 29". Better at
higher pressures i.e. 45psi+ imo where it's a fast, agile, grippy and
light tire. Good in wet and dry....
Forum: Unicycling September 18th 08, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34
Posted By hansc
29" Discussion thread

412 wrote:

Sounds great! Thanks, now I think I've made up my mind regarding the
tire choice: it's going to be a stout.

--
Forum: Unicycling September 18th 08, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34

Connahhh wrote:
- 29 and 24 isn't much different

It is. I own a 26" Nimbus but will still get a 29" KH08. In my case the
wheel diameter will roughly be the same (I have a fat tire on my...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 83