Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dave
Forum: Marketplace October 4th 06, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 1
Posted By Dave
Burley Moose Rack

I wouldn't wait too long, I heard Burley is talking about closing down
because of poor sales. I need another one for our second piccolo but don't
want toshell out 80...
Forum: General September 26th 06, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 48
Posted By Dave
How can we get more people interested in our sport?

When gas gets up to 5 bucks a gallon they all will
Dave
http://www.noweldrecumbent.com

wrote in message
Our...
Forum: General September 26th 06, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By Dave
Waterproof panniers?

I have a set of Ortlieb rollers, they are waterproof. I had a bag of ice in
one that melted, didn't loose a drop! They are fantastic bags, and well
worth the...
Forum: General September 18th 06, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 18
Posted By Dave
bike bags

You know at first glance I thought they would look really cheesy on a bike.
The more I look at these the more I like them, they are simple, practical,
and multi use making them very useful. Image...
Forum: Rides September 18th 06, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 31
Posted By Dave
Riding a bicycle in traffic

Givin the fact that with cell phones and all sorts of new added distractions
for drivers add alcohol to the mix and you have one of the most lethal
drivers on the road anyone could ever meet riding...
Forum: Social Issues September 18th 06, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 33
Posted By Dave
Riding a bicycle in traffic

Givin the fact that with cell phones and all sorts of new added distractions
for drivers add alcohol to the mix and you have one of the most lethal
drivers on the road anyone could ever meet riding...
Forum: Recumbent Biking September 18th 06, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 58
Posted By Dave
Riding a bicycle in traffic

Givin the fact that with cell phones and all sorts of new added distractions
for drivers add alcohol to the mix and you have one of the most lethal
drivers on the road anyone could ever meet riding...
Forum: General September 18th 06, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 33
Posted By Dave
Riding a bicycle in traffic

Givin the fact that with cell phones and all sorts of new added distractions
for drivers add alcohol to the mix and you have one of the most lethal
drivers on the road anyone could ever meet riding...
Forum: General September 14th 06, 05:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By Dave
COPS episode shows bike/vehicle accident

They say , If you want to get away with murder run over a cyclist with your
car and say ya didn't see em
dave
http://www.noweldrecumbent.com

"Tom The Great" wrote in message...
Forum: General September 10th 06, 04:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 18
Posted By Dave
bike bags

Cobbworks buckets come to mind, you can buy them already made or make your
own out of plastic containers http://www.cobbworks.com/

Dave
http://www.noweldrecumbent.com

"Bill Baka" ...
Forum: General September 8th 06, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By Dave
Cannondale

Well said I agree with this totally
dave
"JThomas" wrote in message
Aluminum is inherently more brittle than steel or titanium but...
Forum: General September 8th 06, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Dave
Question about Cannondale bikes

I love mine so much I bought two more cannondales. I heard someone state on
another message board : He had an old cannondale hanging on the wall for
three years in his garage. Scratching his head...
Forum: General September 8th 06, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By Dave
car free life tests commuters' skills

Nice article, thnx for sharing
dave
"Claire Petersky" wrote in message
Perhaps of interest:

Forum: Rides September 2nd 06, 04:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Dave
Bicycle laws to become uniform 8in Ohio

got that right
total sham

"MykalCrooks" wrote in message

"Garrison Hilliard" wrote in message
Forum: Techniques September 2nd 06, 04:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Dave
Bicycle laws to become uniform 8in Ohio

got that right
total sham

"MykalCrooks" wrote in message

"Garrison Hilliard" wrote in message
Forum: General September 2nd 06, 04:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Dave
Bicycle laws to become uniform 8in Ohio

got that right
total sham

"MykalCrooks" wrote in message

"Garrison Hilliard" wrote in message
Forum: Techniques August 29th 06, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By Dave
spokes keep loosening

Thank you to everyone that has helped me. I'm going to tone test the spokes
like recommended, and see what I come up with. This gives me alot to go on
to solving the problem.
All the ...
Forum: Techniques August 27th 06, 02:56 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By Dave
spokes keep loosening

Sorry I didn't clarify wheel specs n weight. The wheel is a 36 spoke laced
to a 700 rigida rim vey narrow rim. My weight is 180lbs. Only carry about
10 lbs when riding this. The tires are 23cm...
Forum: Techniques August 27th 06, 02:51 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Dave
Pedal spacers

I had knee pain prior to using these. with my size 11.5 4E feet, and a toe
out condition. They aren't for everybody. I paid 28 for them on ebay. Some
guy is selling them on their for...
Forum: Techniques August 24th 06, 03:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By Dave
spokes keep loosening

Thanks Jim I'll give it a shot. I had the wheel worked on at a lbs- he said
he put spoke prep on the nipples when he loosened everything and re
tensioned them prior to this happening I'm wondering...
Forum: General August 24th 06, 03:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By Dave
Cool video (Counterpoint tandem)

Inspirational video, thanks for this
Dave
"Veloise" wrote in message
Check this out. Someone put it up on...
Forum: Techniques August 24th 06, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By Dave
spokes keep loosening

I thought of putting loctite on them or something, is this a good idea or
what is please seriously.
Dave
"Michael Press" wrote in message...
Forum: Techniques August 24th 06, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Dave
Pedal spacers

I put a set of knee savers on my roadie, they work well and are really
really strong.
dave
"Ronald" wrote in message
Is it safe to put...
Forum: Marketplace August 21st 06, 06:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 0
Posted By Dave
WTB Specialized Air block 700/23 presta tubes

drehus twenty seven AT Yahoo dot com, thnx
Forum: Rides August 12th 06, 03:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 3
Posted By Dave
Bike Rental in Cleveland, OH?

Check on Fridrichs bike shop close to downtown cleveland www.fridrichs.com .
Marcs the fellow you want to talk to their, they've been in business since
1890's. No connection just a happy...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25