Showing results 1 to 25 of 45
Search took 0.78 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: D T W .../\\...
Forum: Techniques September 24th 07, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By D T W .../\\...
Why are front forks all upside down??

http://www.maverickbike.com/main/do/Fork_Technology

why all MTB forks (all the ones I've seen)

Now you've seen one

--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...
Forum: Techniques August 31st 07, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/HS707Z00-Azonic+Head+Lock.aspx

--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...
Forum: Mountain Biking August 8th 07, 03:09 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/SH501B00-Sidi+Dominator+5+Lorica+06.aspx?sc=SAS&SSAID=189896

--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...
Forum: Techniques August 8th 07, 12:14 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Will the Shimano disk hubs work with other brake systems?
--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...

"
Forum: Mountain Biking August 5th 07, 11:12 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 29
Posted By D T W .../\\...
I need some good shoes

Must haves:

Roomy

is a 52 - too roomy?

http://www.amazon.com/Sidi-Mens-Dominator-Mountain-Shoe/dp/B000PQGBLG/ref=pd_sbs_sg_2_vari/002-4517010-5043252

--
Forum: Mountain Biking July 21st 07, 01:09 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 4

"After our first ride, which included allot of water, mud and clay, his
disk brakes started making noise."

Some disk brake systems are not broken in after one ride. The rotors/ pads
require some...
Forum: Mountain Biking July 5th 07, 09:47 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 5
Posted By D T W .../\\...
Recomms for shifters???

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/SL600A00-Shimano+Xt+Sl-M751+Rapidfire+Shifters.aspx

I seem to remember reading that a SRAM derailleur shifter won't work with
Shimano components. Something...
Forum: Mountain Biking July 1st 07, 11:28 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 11
Posted By D T W .../\\...
truing stand

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/wheelbuild.html
--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...
Forum: Mountain Biking June 26th 07, 01:14 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike

I agree with you on this. I think it's cheaper to ship it FedEx and you
get more insurance (read: full insurance and not just $250). The only
airline now offering an IMBA freebie is...
Forum: Mountain Biking June 24th 07, 11:45 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 13
Posted By D T W .../\\...
Renting travel cases?

Should you end up shipping your bike - remove the disks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ;-)

--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...
Forum: Techniques June 12th 07, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

My rear outer piston won't seat enough to allow me to feed in the new pads.
A box wrench won't budge it!
The star adjuster's backed all the way CCW. Any ideas?
Any trick to removing the H spring? ...
Forum: Mountain Biking June 11th 07, 03:01 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 5
Posted By D T W .../\\...
Avid Juicy 7 - new pads problem

I'm sure you thought of taking a flat head screwdriver and carefully
pushing the piston back in, right?

won't go - when the adjuster knob is turned which piston moves out?
I'm thinking the...
Forum: Mountain Biking June 10th 07, 10:03 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 5
Posted By D T W .../\\...
Avid Juicy 7 - new pads problem

My rear outer piston won't seat enough to allow me to feed in the new pads.
The star adjuster's backed all the way CCW. Any ideas? Any trick to
removing the H spring? I pried it out and bent...
Forum: Mountain Biking June 10th 07, 12:47 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 7
Posted By D T W .../\\...
New specailized hardrock problems with everything on it I think??

What are you doing with the WD40?

--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...
Forum: Mountain Biking June 10th 07, 12:42 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 7
Posted By D T W .../\\...
New specailized hardrock problems with everything on it I think??

http://www.hayesdiscbrake.com/support_faq.shtml

FAQ # 11 & 12
--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...

"a" wrote in message
I used my new bike for...
Forum: Techniques May 20th 07, 03:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By D T W .../\\...
Looking for wheelbuilding dvice

Permatex anti seize lubricant

http://www.devcon.com/devconfamilyproduct.cfm?familyid=405&catid=74

--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...
Forum: Mountain Biking April 23rd 07, 09:55 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike

I read that Rt 67 is closed until mid May. Is there some other way to get
to some of the overlook trails? Is Buck Ridge Point accessible?

--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...
Forum: Mountain Biking March 30th 07, 08:47 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike

I'm visiting St George, Utah for two weeks and will want to rent bikes for a
few days.

Can I squeeze them into the back of an Exterra?

--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...
Forum: Mountain Biking March 18th 07, 01:18 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/derailer-adjustment.html
--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...

"Moo" wrote in message
Forum: Mountain Biking March 1st 07, 10:22 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 7
Posted By D T W .../\\...
MTB around Boston, MA

Lynn Woods is closed to MTB from Jan 1st to April 15th

--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...

wrote in message
On Mar 1,...
Forum: Mountain Biking March 1st 07, 12:46 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 7
Posted By D T W .../\\...
Ping for rides in Newport, Rhode Island

http://www.nemba.org/

--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...

"Scott Gordo" wrote in message
Forum: Mountain Biking February 23rd 07, 02:12 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 9
Posted By D T W .../\\...
Front forks...

You could get creative with an old inner tube and radiator hose clamps.

DTW
Forum: Mountain Biking February 22nd 07, 02:48 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 9
Posted By D T W .../\\...
Front forks...

http://www.jensonusa.com/search/?s=fork+boots&btnSearch.x=32&btnSearch.y=4
--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...

"Moo" wrote in message...
Forum: Mountain Biking February 18th 07, 04:24 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 12
Posted By D T W .../\\...
Where in the US would you retire to ride?

I took a trip to Sedona a while back. That area sticks in my mind as a
place
to consider. And I am............

Marty

Bring water, we're running out. Tom
Forum: Mountain Biking February 17th 07, 08:50 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 12
Posted By D T W .../\\...
Where in the US would you retire to ride?

I'm on the slippery slope to retirement after 40+ years in manufacturing.
I've been a MTB rider for the last five years here in New England and
although I enjoy the winter riding I'm dreaming about...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 45