Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.67 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Harley[_2_]
Forum: Techniques August 5th 10, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Harley[_2_]
Are recumbents easier on knees?

I had an old timer tell me to move my seat forward on my upright. Could
hardly believe it. The knee pain stopped. h
Forum: Techniques July 5th 10, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 97
Posted By Harley[_2_]
Steel rules. Why?

I tour. I have an alum. Raleigh 300, and a steel 520 Trek, both great
tourers in my eyes. I bought the 520 after 15,000 on the 300. Two long
tours on the 520 and I find I enjoy the comfort & ride of...
Forum: Techniques December 25th 09, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Harley[_2_]
Merry Christmas

I hope Santa brought some goodwill to the cycling groups. harley

PS: Not neccessary to respond; I know what you'll say.
Forum: Recumbent Biking October 20th 09, 10:45 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 0
Posted By Harley[_2_]
Ed Dolan the Great advises ...

I think you did your share. Thanks ed.
Forum: Techniques August 18th 09, 02:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Harley[_2_]
Biking & bike care in winter?

I live in N.E. Ia. in a town of 100,000 and have never seen a bike on
the road in Dec. thru Feb. There may have been one, but I didn't see it.
Forum: Techniques March 4th 09, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Harley[_2_]
Helm*t Covers - Recommendations?

I agree with Lewis. Shower caps at the dicount stores are 8 for a $1.00.
Also use them to cover the trunk and handlebar bag in the rain. Cover
the seat from morning dew, and rain when off the bike....
Forum: Techniques November 4th 08, 03:41 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Harley[_2_]
Handlebar bag for a recumbent?

I remember when this group seldom got off topic and was a lot of help.
Looking for responses to my one day old question, I went down 600 posts
of many, many off topic subjects. Thanks for the...
Forum: Recumbent Biking November 3rd 08, 04:14 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 1
Posted By Harley[_2_]
Recumbent bar-bag

I've added a recumbent to the stable and miss having a bar bag that
clips on and off, The crossbar is half the diameter of a regular bar.
Wondering if there is a bag made for this; or a clean looking...
Forum: Techniques November 3rd 08, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Harley[_2_]
Handlebar bag for a recumbent?

I've added a recumbent to the stable and miss having a bar bag that
clips on and off, The crossbar is half the diameter of a regular bar.
Wondering if there is a bag made for this; or a clean looking...
Forum: Techniques November 10th 07, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 45
Posted By Harley[_2_]
Bike seat question (Terry)

You did ask for a recommend. I have 2 "Terry" saddles; my favorite is
the touring model. I have recommended "Terry" over the half dozen I went
thru looking for long distance numb-free comfort. harley
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10