Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 3.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tony Raven[_2_]
Forum: UK April 30th 09, 11:59 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Tony Raven[_2_]
Number-of-kids-cycling-to-school-doubles

Thought you guys would be interested in this.

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/30518/Number-of-kids-cycling-to-school-
doubles

--
Tony

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that...
Forum: UK December 31st 08, 12:55 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Tony Raven[_2_]
Arise Sir Chris

In article ,
says...
On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 10:22:11 -0000, Tony Raven
said in
Forum: UK December 31st 08, 10:22 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Tony Raven[_2_]
Arise Sir Chris

18 cyclists with gongs in the New Years Honours including
Sir Chris Hoy
CBE for Bradley
OBEs for Nicole and Rebecca

--
Tony

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it...
Forum: UK December 25th 08, 04:07 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Tony Raven[_2_]
Merry Christmas to all at URC

In article ,
says...

As one from another culture, can somene explain to me why many services
broadcast now end with 'Hark the...
Forum: UK December 8th 08, 01:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 31
Posted By Tony Raven[_2_]
Unredeemable

In article ,
says...
"Tony Raven" wrote in message
Forum: UK December 8th 08, 12:37 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 31
Posted By Tony Raven[_2_]
Unredeemable

In article 35f26136-9314-49ef-b789-
,
says...
Funny, I was finding it rather quiet. And that's even with my using GG
with a...
Forum: UK December 8th 08, 11:31 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 31
Posted By Tony Raven[_2_]
Unredeemable

I decided to give this group a rest a few months back because of all the
troll wrestling going on. So I pop back to lurk and see if its worth
re-engaging and what do I find? All the usual...
Forum: UK November 16th 08, 06:19 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1
Posted By Tony Raven[_2_]
Sheldon Brown's Bikes for Sale

Thought the folks here might be interested in the following from another
list:

"Over the next few months, several of Sheldon Brown's bicycles, and
numerous components, will be for sale on EBay and...
Forum: UK September 26th 08, 11:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,cam.transport
Replies: 20
Posted By Tony Raven[_2_]
Anther Gem from the DfT Stats for 2007

In article , says...
On 26/09/08 09:53, judith wrote:

Paul, please don't feed the troll. Most everyone else is managing to
resist and it would...
Forum: UK September 18th 08, 11:34 AM Posted to cam.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 432
Posted By Tony Raven[_2_]
Run into from side by red light jumper

In article , says...

Cyclists causing a fatality anywhere is thankfully quite rare (whether
in control or out of control). But like the car...
Forum: UK September 17th 08, 10:32 PM Posted to cam.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 432
Posted By Tony Raven[_2_]
Run into from side by light red jumper

In article , says...

I don't condone drivers whose "following through" means I have to delay
my own progress at (for example) a cross roads...
Forum: UK September 14th 08, 06:23 PM Posted to cam.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 432
Posted By Tony Raven[_2_]
Run into from side by red light jumper

In article ,
says...

So my experience is the opposite of yours reported above. Neither of them
proves anything.

It proves anecdotes...
Forum: UK September 11th 08, 01:34 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 105
Posted By Tony Raven[_2_]
The troll-wrestlers have won

Well I popped back in to urc after a break and found a raging troll-fest
with people I thought knew better earnestly wrestling away at the trolls
ad nauseum in the apparent belief the troll was...
Forum: UK September 10th 08, 09:08 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 249
Posted By Tony Raven[_2_]
Safety in Numbers

In article 5b73e86a-721f-425b-a1ef-1903defc4054@
73g2000hsx.googlegroups.com, says...

The number of near misses in different situations is a good indicator
of...
Forum: UK September 4th 08, 11:55 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Tony Raven[_2_]
Sept 08 Farcility of the month

In article 0c2fdbfb-ec9a-4c42-815c-210c3329ed0b@
79g2000hsk.googlegroups.com, says...
On 3 Sep, 08:45, Tony Raven wrote:

That's the kind...
Forum: UK September 3rd 08, 08:45 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Tony Raven[_2_]
Sept 08 Farcility of the month

In article ef3e3e37-4931-438d-bf41-7120ffeb8018
@x41g2000hsb.googlegroups.com, says...
On Sep 3, 7:24*am, "Paul - xxx" wrote:
Certainly as...
Forum: UK April 6th 08, 11:28 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Tony Raven[_2_]
ShelBroCo Memorial Ride

Pictures of today's ride in memory of the great Sheldon Brown at
http://tinyurl.com/68cla7

--
Tony

?I don?t know what I may seem to the world, but as to myself, I seem to
have been only like a...
Forum: UK December 1st 07, 11:49 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 443
Posted By Tony Raven[_2_]
Connect2

In article ,
says...
Tony Raven wrote:

Has it been a bad week for you?

It has. A highly intelligent man with lots of...
Forum: UK December 1st 07, 11:49 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 443
Posted By Tony Raven[_2_]
Connect2

In article ,
says...
On Sat, 1 Dec 2007 09:40:26 -0000, Tony Raven
wrote:

AIUI...
Forum: UK December 1st 07, 09:40 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 47
Posted By Tony Raven[_2_]
Number unobtainable

In article ,
says...
Tony Raven wrote:
In article , tpsc12248
@blueyonder.co.uk...
Forum: UK December 1st 07, 09:40 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Tony Raven[_2_]
BMW Hybrid Car Can Run On Both Hydrogen And Gasoline

In article ,
says...

If hydro-electric generation is used (for example) then more water goes
through the turbines and...
Forum: UK December 1st 07, 09:40 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 443
Posted By Tony Raven[_2_]
Connect2

In article ,
says...
Tony Raven wrote:
I came to my "right answer" the same way as I did for helmets - by
studying the evidence and...
Forum: UK November 30th 07, 11:50 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 443
Posted By Tony Raven[_2_]
Connect2

In article ,
says...

Take a look at:
www.johnballcycling.org.uk/misc/a27

It shows the A27 between...
Forum: UK November 30th 07, 11:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 443
Posted By Tony Raven[_2_]
Connect2

In article 5d18c99e-f195-45d8-bf58-
, says...
Tony Raven wrote:
In article...
Forum: UK November 30th 07, 11:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 443
Posted By Tony Raven[_2_]
Connect2

In article ,
says...
Tony Raven wrote:

I have already stated I have no problem with facilities that provided
genuine new...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500