Replies: 13
Posted By Gregory Sutter
Mini pump with or without a hose

On 2019-11-13, Tanguy Ortolo wrote:

I am about to replace my mini pump with one that I would be able to
attach to the frame, and that would, hopefully, be more efficient.

Forum: Techniques March 1st 19, 05:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Gregory Sutter
Sometimes a helmet just isn't enough

On 2019-02-27, John B Slocomb wrote:

As the title says, sometimes a helmet isn't sufficient protection.
https://bit.ly/2H590Bd

Link expands...
Forum: Techniques December 12th 18, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By Gregory Sutter
SKS RENNKOMPRESSOR: A superior, recommended floor pump

On 2018-12-07, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

The HP was fantastic too. I had one that I salvaged after it was
run over by a car. I drove a dowel the same diameter as the...
Forum: Techniques December 3rd 18, 08:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By Gregory Sutter
What kind of pump am I supposed to use on this bike?

On 2018-12-03, wrote:
Old Supergo Access hardtail MTB made from Columbus Cromor, with a top peg brazed behind the seat tube. Gotta be Shrader. ...
Forum: Techniques November 15th 18, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Gregory Sutter
understanding the RockShox suspension pump and valve

On 2018-11-06, Emanuel Berg wrote:
When I first got the pump, I filled the chamber
to exactly 120psi. The release button and the
gauge on the RockShox suspension pump...
Forum: Techniques November 15th 18, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By Gregory Sutter
Preserving en-route repair material

On 2018-11-07, Tanguy Ortolo wrote:

I read somewhere that I could protect the tube by keeping it tightly
wrapped into an old sock, which I will try, but would you have any
Forum: Techniques November 15th 18, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 2018-11-09, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Thursday, November 8, 2018 at 6:03:17 PM UTC-5, John B. slocomb wrote:

Does anyone use those "glue-less" patches?

Forum: Techniques November 15th 18, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 91
Posted By Gregory Sutter
Chain wear and cassette question

On 2018-11-14 19:01, Gregory Sutter wrote:

On top of the top tube does seem like the best location for water
on Joerg's Fuji. ...
Forum: Techniques November 15th 18, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 2018-11-13 20:51, Gregory Sutter wrote:

On Sunday I rode pretty hard for an hour with a disposable N95 mask.
Forum: Techniques November 15th 18, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 2018-11-14, news18 wrote:
On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 08:02:03 -0800, Joerg wrote:

Joerg in particular might enjoy their B-Rad system (except that it
won't fit his favorite...
Forum: Techniques November 14th 18, 05:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 2018-11-11, jbeattie wrote:

Forum: Techniques November 14th 18, 05:51 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 2018-11-11, Joerg wrote:

However, getting into the Highway 50 corridor on the way back I started
coughing badly because of the Camp Fire smoke. Today it got so...
Forum: Techniques November 11th 18, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 2018-11-10, Joerg wrote:

Getting older, I'd like to increase the large cog to at least 40T from
my current 32T. Of course, that will require me to retire the...
Forum: Techniques October 17th 18, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Gregory Sutter
New Cyclocross Bike

On 2018-10-12, wrote:
The Montrose from KUMA Bicycle Company.

Getting this started was hard. Passion for something, and getting it going is a...
Forum: Techniques October 16th 18, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By Gregory Sutter
hex entry at the back of pedal

On 2018-09-29 11:12, AMuzi...
Forum: Techniques March 11th 18, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 93
Posted By Gregory Sutter
New bike path

On 2018-03-10, jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, March 9, 2018 at 12:22:52 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On todays route, to Dutch standards through the middle of nowhere, I...
Forum: Techniques January 27th 18, 10:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 36
Posted By Gregory Sutter
700c 25mm tires on Weinmann ZAC19 rims ok?

On 2018-01-26, John B wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jan 2018 07:38:46 -0800, Joerg
wrote:

My buffaloes come in the form of checks and the mail carrier...
Forum: Techniques January 24th 18, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 2018-01-22 14:55, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, January 22, 2018 at 2:25:46 PM UTC-8, Joerg wrote:
On 21/01/18 22:18, Gregory Sutter...
Forum: Techniques January 21st 18, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 2018-01-20, Joerg wrote:
Are 700c 25mm road bike tires ok on these or is that pushing it? The lip
to lip dimension inside is 19mm. Says 28 but maybe someone knows...
Forum: Techniques December 2nd 17, 04:49 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Gregory Sutter
Completing mudguards

On 2017-12-01, Tanguy Ortolo wrote:
Gregory Sutter, 2017-12-01 09:16+0100:
This commercial mudflap is retroreflective, has just the right
amount of flex and generally works...
Forum: Techniques December 1st 17, 09:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Gregory Sutter
Completing mudguards

On 2017-11-30, Tanguy Ortolo wrote:

With my daily commuting way going through a forest that is getting quite
muddy, and that will probably get worst when it starts snowing, I...
Forum: Techniques October 30th 17, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Gregory Sutter
SEASONS -- FALL RIDING

On 2017-10-30, jbeattie wrote:

I was riding home a couple of weeks ago through a lake-sized puddle
when a Tri-Met bus came by and produced a wave that broke over my
head...
Forum: Techniques September 28th 17, 08:19 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Gregory Sutter
Tristan da Cunha

On 2017-09-21, Doug Landau wrote:
Has anyone cycled there

No it's too far

--
Gregory S. Sutter Mostly Harmless
Forum: Techniques September 11th 17, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 2017-09-09, jbeattie wrote:

I know this is absolutely the wrong group to ask because it's
wall-to-wall curmudgeons, but if you were buying your last nice
road bike,...
Forum: Techniques July 25th 17, 06:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Gregory Sutter
ID Bottom Bracket Shell

On 2017-07-20, AMuzi wrote:
On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 10:17:14 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 7/19/2017 11:21 AM, wrote:
Can anyone ID this...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 160