Showing results 1 to 25 of 82
Search took 1.20 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: phthoruth
Forum: Unicycling September 17th 08, 09:34 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By phthoruth
I'm back!! And in a different country

Hey Colin,
On Sept 27th, we're going to CBC.
This weekend is undecided... email us if you'd like to ride.

Cheers,
Frank Barchard
vanuni videographer

--
Forum: Unicycling August 1st 08, 09:34 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1

if you want to go far and fast, pump up the tire as much as possible.
otherwise, let us much air out as possible, without bottoming out or
pinching.

I usually start with a little extra air at the...
Forum: Unicycling November 23rd 07, 08:57 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 68
Posted By phthoruth
The Best MUNI riders ??

kerosian wrote:
boo hops? what about pecking? Should pecking be banned?

I think the guy that invented pecking deserves a vote:

George Peck

He was the best for more years than anyone
Forum: Unicycling November 16th 07, 05:33 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By phthoruth
one foot trick

skrobo wrote:
uhmm
where did you get the quote of me from?lol
is that your response?

Oops. You should be more careful what you say :-)
Forum: Unicycling November 9th 07, 08:57 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By phthoruth
1 foot riding

1 ft was one of my hardest skills
A key for me was quickly recovering. First I'd fall, and I learned to
rolling mount.
Knowing I could quickly remount encouraged me to try more often.
Then I learned...
Forum: Unicycling November 7th 07, 06:46 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By phthoruth
one foot trick

surfer1024 wrote:
I've been learning sif 1 foot and it's real fun. Backwards 1 foot is fun
too. and riding off curbs.

I like those ideas. I've tried the backwards... scarey. curbs...
Forum: Unicycling November 6th 07, 07:06 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By phthoruth
How long did it take to mount a 36" with 80% accuracy

john_childs wrote:
The key is to jump high

The key is to leverage yourself up. Don't try to jump high enough. If
you're jumping up, then you need to get momentum to leverage...
Forum: Unicycling November 6th 07, 06:06 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By phthoruth
one foot trick

Transitioning from one foot vertical hop, to one foot idle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9QSl1SL62U

Finally I figured out how to transition from one foot hopping to one
foot idle.
I push off the...
Forum: Unicycling October 24th 07, 07:48 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 49
Posted By phthoruth
Vancouver, BC-Street Weekend )--( X )

Are you sure thats 'street'? I didn't spot a crank flip anywhere :-)
Great job!! Thanks for putting that together.
The only things I didn't like were the rain, and the fish eye lens.
Please make...
Forum: Unicycling October 23rd 07, 08:12 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 49
Posted By phthoruth
Vancouver, BC-Street Weekend )--( X )

Day 1 video: Lonsdale
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53tCAv-riZw

Riding: Jamie from Calgary, Brian and I.
Style: Trials
Location: Lonsdale, North Vancouver
Time: Friday, Oct 19, noon til...
Forum: Unicycling October 20th 07, 05:04 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 49
Posted By phthoruth
Vancouver, BC-Street Weekend )--( X )

Brian O. wrote:
There seriously better be a ton of footage haha.

I got a bit of footage from today...

|Filename: hop.jpg ...
Forum: Unicycling October 20th 07, 04:58 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By phthoruth
Vancouver Unicyclist?

My guess would be James H, who hops on those planters alot
We're riding all weekend (Fri/Sat/Sun), if you have time now.

Email
See vanuni.com for links to sign up for...
Forum: Unicycling September 7th 07, 09:35 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By phthoruth
what trick should i try?

if youre looking for tricks that film well, drops, bridges/walls, and
unispins
If youre looking for skills that lead to better riding, one foot, wheel
walking, and high jumps.
Try to avoid...
Forum: Unicycling July 13th 07, 09:49 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By phthoruth
Mount Venice . . .

Looks like a fun hill. Where is that exactly?

--
phthoruth
phthoruth's Profile:...

johnfoss wrote:
Ride for a long time every day on any seat and after a while your
hamstrings won't be sore. They'll turn to impervious rocks!

You may develop legs of steal, but your crotch...
Forum: Unicycling May 30th 07, 09:56 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By phthoruth
MUni Wheel Size

The 3" wide on 24" is really important.
Its a shame you can't get 3" on other wheel sizes.

--
phthoruth
phthoruth's...

MuniAddict wrote:
Yeah, he never saw me do the set, I just told him what I did, then asked
him to say that line! A first he didn't want to, but then he said ok,
and it seems like it was just a...
Forum: Unicycling May 24th 07, 10:10 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 42
Posted By phthoruth
drop height

There are 2 skills with drops
1. dont hurt yourself
2. dont hurt your unicycle.
i've got the first one, but I'm on my 5th unicycle and replacement
cranks due to a 5ft drop.
theres certainly a skill...
Forum: Unicycling May 24th 07, 09:53 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 32
Posted By phthoruth
Uni-Geezer: "Stairmaster" (New 5.23.07)

I loved the comment at the end
"Do you ever just ride the unicycle?"

--
phthoruth
phthoruth's Profile:...

Does this mean you've got a new video camera?

Rather than post it to youtube, where the whole world can see, perhaps
just post it to unicyclist gallery?

Anyway, cute video. I like how you get...
Forum: Unicycling May 17th 07, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 57
Posted By phthoruth
Uphill muni

just because Kris can do it, doesnt mean its possible :-)

--
phthoruth
phthoruth's Profile:...

vanuni mainly ride on 2 mountains:

mt seymour is a 'shuttle' mountain. we park at the bottom and one car
takes us to the top.

mt fromme has no car access. we walk to the top.

Vancouver mountains...
Forum: Unicycling May 16th 07, 08:09 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 96
Posted By phthoruth
Unicycle Design/Creation competition. :D

My idea is a unicycle just slightly less heavy than air. I'm thinking
hydrogen/helium alloy. Or wing'ed pedals and a bit of speed.

--...
Forum: Unicycling March 24th 07, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By phthoruth
New Video: Uni-Geezer "Counter Maneuvers"

Fun video Terry... I like how you involve non-unicyclists and a theme to
your films.

--
phthoruth
phthoruth's Profile:...

Hey Bruce,
We've got lots of kids that learn to unicycle at CirKids, around 11-12
years old, but I dont know any that unicycle to school. I'd worry that
their unicycle would get stolen /...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 82