Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: JesseG
Forum: Unicycling January 13th 09, 05:27 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 39
Posted By JesseG
BC Discussion Thread

madmattunipro;1169643 wrote:
hmmm... I think that kinda defeats the point of the bc wheel... but
interesting never the less.

Has anyone seen these so called 'Magicwheel'
Forum: Unicycling December 13th 08, 04:55 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By JesseG
Does anyone use a Brake-Booster?

corbin;1148587 wrote:
If you are having trouble with not getting enough stopping power from
maguras, more than likely it is due to air in the lines.

I don't think you need a booster.

Forum: Unicycling December 10th 08, 07:13 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By JesseG
Carbon Fiber Base Thread...

"Why is it that UDC runs out of all these parts just before I finally
get around to buying them? --nimblelight"
__________________

Tell me about it. They sold THREE (to a store) right out from...
Forum: Unicycling December 10th 08, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By JesseG
Anyone use trials pads?

All right, this might really not work out--much like face-cratering
doesn't work out. Much like it, indeed.

But I bring it up because some trials pads are designed for ground
(think rough) rims, and...
Forum: Unicycling December 10th 08, 06:46 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By JesseG
Does anyone use a Brake-Booster?

On a 4-bolt magura set up like on KH cycles.

I'm doing a lot of very-steeps, and my arm and fingers get really,
really, really tired.

Does it work? Down-sides?

I'm on a KH24. It doesn't flex much,...
Forum: Unicycling December 10th 08, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By JesseG
36er, handlebars and bike seat??

Learned this from Keith Bontrager (not personally, I say this for
cred).

Freaking SLATHER your chamois with vaseline ($4 a tub).

As he put it, in The Tour, everyone uses a LOT of chamois...
Forum: Unicycling December 10th 08, 05:58 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By JesseG
Help! Magura brake problem.

are they defective? Need to be rebled? Cleaned some special way?

I turned the dial to the minus, and this improved things.

Before, they did the first one, then the other one move, thing....
Forum: Unicycling December 8th 08, 03:02 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By JesseG
Help! Magura brake problem.

You are right that it's the pad connected directly to the lever that
goes further--but by about 4X as much.

Does anyone find that this is not normal--i.e. does anyone not have
this problem, or much...
Forum: Unicycling December 6th 08, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By JesseG
Help! Magura brake problem.

OK, OK. I'm being a bit dramatic, as it's still totally rideable.

But it's bothering me that I can't really center the pads, nor reduce
the travel as much as I want to...

Because:

One of my pads...
Forum: Unicycling November 9th 08, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By JesseG
Wide foot seeking wide pedal for special get-together.

scoope;1127611 wrote:
Wellgo MG-1 (Ti) for $76 here

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wellgo-MG-1-Magn...1%7C240%3A1318

I've ordered a pair!

Wow! 298 grams. By far the lightest I've seen. I do...
Forum: Unicycling November 8th 08, 08:45 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By JesseG
Wide foot seeking wide pedal for special get-together.

I'm doing a lot of super-steep, rocky, loose-terrain muni. I usually
have no room to adjust foot-position after I mount, because I'm
instantly facing sick terrain. I'm just trying to make it a...
Forum: Unicycling November 8th 08, 08:25 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By JesseG
Wide foot seeking wide pedal for special get-together.

I have never really had any full-on pain. I'm just trying to avoid any
overuse-type injuries. I'm using 5.10 Rennie's (basically the Impact).

By far, and mainly, I don't like the feel of having the...
Forum: Unicycling November 6th 08, 03:30 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By JesseG
Wide foot seeking wide pedal for special get-together.

I've looked at the wah-wahs. They are really beautiful, but only maybe 5
millimeters bigger than my (I think very average sized) plastic Animals.
I would really love it if someone could measure a...
Forum: Unicycling November 5th 08, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By JesseG
Wide foot seeking wide pedal for special get-together.

rob.northcott;1125258 wrote:
I think the Drillium pedals fit all those criteria (not sure about
weight though), and are apparently good for muni. They're very
expensive though.

Rob
Forum: Unicycling November 5th 08, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By JesseG
Wide foot seeking wide pedal for special get-together.

So...umm...need a wide pedal for Muni. Width (as in: dimension measured
along the pedal axle) is the top priority.

Other things this foot looks for in a pedal a

Thin. (Before you get...
Forum: Unicycling September 30th 08, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By JesseG
Best Muni/Trials Shoe

teachndad;1104957 wrote:
I have worn ankle braces like Kevin's(Phlegm). The type I wear has the
laces up the front like a boot, but it adds two velcro straps that go
over and under the foot...
Forum: Unicycling September 30th 08, 05:29 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By JesseG
Best Muni/Trials Shoe

It's funny. I hadn't been looking at this site, and then I came back to
it just now, having been made aware of ankle braces, and wondering what
yous guys (sic) thought of them.

I'm gonna be on...
Forum: Unicycling September 30th 08, 05:16 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By JesseG
Should I consider a 29er

I'm gonna get a 24, because I decided that I want the experience to be
max different and take me on different trails than my mtb. And I'm a
super-fast X-C rider on my bike. I never do anything techie...
Forum: Unicycling September 25th 08, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By JesseG
Should I consider a 29er

sp4rky-m4rky wrote:
I havent tried a 24 or 26 but I love my 29er.

You want some vids? I have made a few...

'unispins' (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ1NWVrSp44) There not easy
but...
Forum: Unicycling September 25th 08, 08:04 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By JesseG
Should I consider a 29er

lunicycle wrote:
Jesse can you already unicycle? if so, what size uni do you ride atm and
in what type of terrain?

Yeah. I just have one, but it morphed from a Miyata 24 to a street...
Forum: Unicycling September 25th 08, 06:45 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By JesseG
Should I consider a 29er

harper wrote:
Wow. What an enticing challenge. I have a video of my dog, Buster,
swallowing a 29er whole. Is that cool enough?

Easily cool enough.

And, bonus, I've got a (~2% body fat, 170...
Forum: Unicycling September 25th 08, 06:35 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By JesseG
Best Muni/Trials Shoe

Good to hear.

Initially, I sort of just thought that you were saying that this was
the right genre of shoes, which in itself was sort of a revelation.
Stupidly, I hadn't realized that there was a...
Forum: Unicycling September 25th 08, 05:47 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By JesseG
Best Muni/Trials Shoe

MuniAddict wrote:
Forget "sneakers". Get a strong, form soled over-the-ankle shoe like
'this!' (http://tinyurl.com/57lyxs)

I don't even hate the aesthetics. Very helpful.

Any other choices...
Forum: Unicycling September 25th 08, 05:44 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By JesseG
Should I consider a 29er

I want to do muni and maybe some trials-ish stuff. Should I still
consider a 29er.

I was considering one for the speed. And then I started utubing Kris
Holm. The fact that I never saw him on one or...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 26