Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Forum: Techniques October 22nd 18, 08:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
rockshox front sag

You are right about the sag. That is easy: about one third/forth of the
total travel. Rebound speed is the difficult one.

Should be at the faster end of the spectrum in my limited...
Forum: Techniques October 22nd 18, 07:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
allen screws and torque

OK, so I examined one of the M5s and it looked fine. However it was greased! I don't know why but I assumed they weren't. Loots of incorrect assumptions here, it seems.

While the screw itself looked...
Forum: Techniques October 22nd 18, 06:19 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
allen screws and torque

The shifter (SL-M7000) should be 3-4Nm! [1] Gulp!

The brake should be 6-8, however they do that with an M5, exceeding the previously mentioned max! Maybe some other material? I have an M6 there, so...
Forum: Techniques October 22nd 18, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
allen screws and torque

Steel nut or aluminum nut?

For some reason I assumed an 8.8 stainless steel nut, that's where I got the 6 and 10Nm for M5 and M6, respectively, but I don't know. It is Shimano SLX 2*11 shifters. I...
Forum: Techniques October 22nd 18, 04:40 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
allen screws and torque

Offhand, if the bolt was loose AFTER applying maximum torque, you've
probably stripped the aluminum threads in the brake and shifter body.

Hint: Stay away from the maximum torque.

Yeah, I...
Forum: Techniques October 22nd 18, 02:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
rockshox front sag

I don't understand why there is a whole little science to this with so many YouTube videos [1]. There is the weight of the rider plus clothes etc. There is the PSI in the chamber. There is a table on...
Forum: Techniques August 3rd 18, 06:34 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
EU bikes all over the city

I am doubtful that bike sharing will still be a thing in 10 years.

It is much better for people who see the benefit of a bike gets one, a quality bike, and then cares for it. But I suppose it is...
Forum: Techniques August 2nd 18, 09:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
EU bikes all over the city

Now a newspaper article [1] has arrived. It isn't a communal venture like I theorized above but a commercial one, a duplicate of a business model that "has worked in China".

The company is called...
Forum: Techniques August 1st 18, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
EU bikes all over the city

The commune usually tries to reduce the number of bikes in the city, and they do this by putting a sticker on the handlebar, ~"is this bike abandoned? if it isn't, care for it or we'll disintegrate...
Forum: Techniques July 19th 18, 09:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Electic bikes from China

The EU will impose duties (27.5-83.6%) on

How does it work with the percentage and all?

Who decides if its 27.5 or 83.6?

And 27.5% on what? If the Chinese ship say 100 bikes, what is the value...
Forum: Techniques July 19th 18, 09:52 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
My Next Bike: Beating Peter Sagan

On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 1:37:56 AM UTC+2, jbeattie wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJETokbfnNI

He should have hooked her at the top!

OK, so how does all this work...
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11