Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Robert Latest
Forum: Techniques February 22nd 18, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 183
Posted By Robert Latest
Battery Replacement on Lights with Internal Li-Ion Batteries

sms wrote:

The key to getting more people out on bicycles is to promote equipment
that allows them to ride to work or school in normal clothes,

This exists. It's called a bicycle.

and...
Forum: Techniques February 6th 18, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 97
Posted By Robert Latest
Horst link bending forces

Emanuel Berg wrote:

When everything brakes because of abuse and
lack of maintenance, she will not care one bit,
except for when it brakes to the point that she
cannot use it - then there...
Forum: Techniques February 6th 18, 08:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 97
Posted By Robert Latest
Horst link bending forces

On 2018-02-01 11:26, jbeattie wrote:
Yes, everything breaks after enough fatigue cycles, particularly
aluminum -- which has no fatigue threshold. Even small amplitude
fatigue...
Forum: Techniques September 30th 17, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 72
Posted By Robert Latest
Good alternative to Ultima Replenisher electrolyte?

Joerg wrote:

As I wrote earlier I do not chuck my banana peels or anything else for
that matter into the environment

What do you do with your car exausts?

robert
Forum: Techniques September 30th 17, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 2017-09-25 12:03, Robert Latest wrote:

Yes. Half a teaspoon of table salt per liter. Add two or three of those
fizzy nutrition supplement tablets for additional minerals to...
Forum: Techniques June 14th 17, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By Robert Latest
Change in design of SRAM "powerlink"?

Ned Mantei wrote:
A year or so ago I installed a new SRAM PC71 9-speed chain, and found
that the "powerlink" didn't easily slip to the closed position as they
had always done previously. I...
Forum: Techniques May 18th 17, 04:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 131
Posted By Robert Latest
Is there any good non-rechargeable headlights anymore?

DougC wrote:
So I'm shopping around for ANY kind of headlights that take 4 x AA
batteries, and there is none.

Source of power is a weird spec. Why don't you specify your actual
requirements and...
Forum: Techniques May 7th 17, 08:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 114
Posted By Robert Latest
14 year-old Campy Record shifts like new...

....after I properly re-sorted the spacers in the rear cassette. Duh.

robert
Forum: Techniques April 24th 17, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 91
Posted By Robert Latest
Cartridge bottom brackets

John B wrote:
The UN-26 seems to be the cheaper version and is quite common in shops
here while the UN-55 is somewhat rare, probably due to price. But if
the UN-55 lasts (for example) five...
Forum: Techniques September 25th 16, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 204
Posted By Robert Latest
Chain lube for wet _and_ dry?

Joerg wrote:
The chain is a KMC X93 10-speed. I need a lube that lasts through a 50mi
dirt trail ride regardless of weather conditions.

Can't you carry a little bottle with you to re-lube when...
Forum: Techniques September 25th 16, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 204
Posted By Robert Latest
Chain lube for wet _and_ dry?

Joerg wrote:
Long story short a mere 35 miles
after a fresh lube the chain started making horrid squeaking noises once
the rain had stopped. Seemingly the lube had been flushed out. I had no...
Forum: Techniques September 25th 16, 08:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 204
Posted By Robert Latest
Chain lube for wet _and_ dry?

Joerg wrote:
The road chain bike is fairly clean
after lots of bike path riding but grimy soot-black after riding lots of
road. Gives me goose bumps thinking that I also breath whatever...
Forum: Techniques September 4th 16, 08:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Robert Latest
Bottom Bracket Bearings

John B wrote:
The square axles will limit the actual bearings to the older "loose
ball" type with the adjustable bearing cup and the later Shimano
cartridge type ( BB-UN xx).

The question...
Forum: Techniques August 15th 06, 12:44 PM Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By Robert Latest
Bicycle generators and LED lights

["Followup-To:" header set to sci.electronics.design.]
On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 15:32:51 GMT,
Ignoramus16112 wrote
in Msg....
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14