Showing results 1 to 25 of 318
Search took 0.80 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Paul Rudin[_2_]
Forum: UK October 31st 12, 03:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,cam.transport
Replies: 22
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
Cambridge Guided Busway Path on a Trike?

Brian Morrison writes:

On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 12:06:52 +0000
Paul Rudin wrote:

Brian Morrison writes:

... all moderation is yet more...
Forum: UK October 31st 12, 12:06 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,cam.transport
Replies: 22
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
Cambridge Guided Busway Path on a Trike?

Brian Morrison writes:

... all moderation is yet more censorship.

IMO moderation is not really about censorship. Moderation does nothing
to prevent you publishing your words....
Forum: UK December 4th 10, 11:40 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,cam.transport,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 631
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
DfT Stats - 2009

JNugent writes:

On 04/12/2010 05:40, Justin wrote:

wrote:
Ian Smith wrote:

There is no rule saying leave a car width of...
Forum: UK December 3rd 10, 06:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,cam.transport,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 631
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
DfT Stats - 2009

Justin writes:

Wow. An example: motorist cuts me up when I am cycling and gives me a
big mouth. I remove his ignition key and throw it into a field. No
damage and no...
Forum: UK October 20th 09, 11:46 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 36
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
Are Bromptons worth the extra money?

Bod writes:

Paul Rudin wrote:
Bod writes:

You've gotta be seriously rich to consider paying that sort of dosh on
such a machine, no...
Forum: UK October 20th 09, 11:25 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 36
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
Are Bromptons worth the extra money?

Bod writes:

Paul Rudin wrote:
Peter Grange writes:

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 10:29:29 +0100, Bod
Forum: UK October 20th 09, 10:53 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

Peter Grange writes:

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 10:29:29 +0100, Bod
wrote:

Having bought my wife a very cheap folding bicycle
(about...
Forum: UK October 20th 09, 09:57 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 30
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
how to post to moderated group?

bugbear writes:

All right, colour me stupid.

I've been googling for 15 minutes to try to find how to post
to the exciting new group.

And come up...
Forum: UK October 19th 09, 12:33 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
Another house partly demolished by a car.

"Paul Stevenson" writes:

"Doug" wrote in message
Once again the...
Forum: UK October 17th 09, 11:52 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
Light Recommendations Please

terryj writes:

Tesco are doing some 1w and 3w torches that look very good value and
can be taped or rubber banded to the bars or your helmet, and take aa
batteries that...
Forum: UK October 16th 09, 03:19 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
Light Recommendations Please

"Simon Mason" writes:

"Mike P" wrote in message
Hi All,

Forum: UK October 16th 09, 02:46 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
Light Recommendations Please

Mike P writes:

Hi All,

I'm looking for some lights that will actually allow me to see where
I'm going on an unlit country road. My usual daily route is
impassable...
Forum: UK October 15th 09, 07:09 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
Ranking of Shimano transmission components

Jonathan Campbell writes:

Related to my request for advice on the Specialized Sirrus, can anyone
point me to a post that appeared here over the past five years that
Forum: UK October 14th 09, 06:26 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 77
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
The Busway

Mike Causer writes:

On Oct 12, 11:03Â*pm, chris French
wrote:

I find a real lack of places to go cycling with my kids near...
Forum: UK October 13th 09, 06:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 97
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
RESULT : Create moderated newsgroup uk.rec.cycling.moderatedPASSES 128:24

(D.M. Procida) writes:

Dave Larrington wrote:

A philosopher would have no trouble with that, whereas it seems...
Forum: UK October 13th 09, 12:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
Winter - Warm knees

"Greg" writes:

In the past I have suffered knee problems in cold weather. I have some
tights - ""Lusso max repel" but they do not seem to be that much warmer than
Forum: UK October 12th 09, 07:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 84
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
Jason MacIntyre's family sue for ?500,000

Ian writes:

The worst cycling I see is generally in Oxford, Cambridge and other
university town stuffed with young people who cycle, don't drive, and
believe...
Forum: UK October 8th 09, 01:11 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 35
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
London's hire bike scheme

spindrift writes:

I understand in Paris there's an imbalance because so many people
leave them at the bottom of hills.

Hills? Paris? I guess there's Monmartre, but it's...
Forum: UK October 8th 09, 05:41 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 189
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
Chain cleaners and lights questions

kimble writes:

On 07/10/09 00:02, D.M. Procida wrote:
I have Powerlinks, but find it very hard to operate them. In fact
several times I have simply given up...
Forum: UK October 7th 09, 08:30 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 189
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
Chain cleaners and lights questions

Simon Brooke writes:

WD40 is not a lubricant and does not wash off but evaporates off
rapidly, leaving a sticky, non-lubricant residue.

Wikipedia doesn't entirely...
Forum: UK October 2nd 09, 07:00 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 84
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
20mph urban limit

"Brimstone" writes:

It seems that reducing the speed limit in residential areas makes no
significant difference to the number of injuries suffered in
collisions.

Forum: UK October 2nd 09, 12:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 151
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
More handouts for motorists but still none for cyclists.

Mark writes:

Never found a bike shop that had any models from previous years.

Many of them do around the time that the big manufacturers bring out the
new...
Forum: UK October 2nd 09, 09:23 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 151
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
More handouts for motorists but still none for cyclists.

Mark writes:

I've never managed to haggle down the price of a new bike.

Generally bike shops will discount models from previous years. They're
more reluctant...
Forum: UK October 1st 09, 08:49 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
Bike Advice

Simon Brooke writes:

On 30 Sep, 22:40, "Nigel Cliffe" wrote:
Dystopia wrote:
My racing and touring days are over. It is some time since I...
Forum: UK October 1st 09, 06:18 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Replies: 151
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
More handouts for motorists but still none for cyclists.

Phil W Lee phil(at)lee-family(dot)me(dot)uk writes:

Adrian considered 30 Sep 2009 07:39:34 GMT the
perfect time to write:

Phil W Lee...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 318