Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: boulder
Forum: UK March 4th 08, 08:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By boulder
Easy to maintain mountain bike recommendations

"Holty" wrote in message

I'm completely clueless when it comes to bikes ....

Do you consider it...
Forum: UK March 2nd 08, 09:34 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By boulder
4 years, it was his own fault your honour !

"Ekul Namsob" wrote in message
boulder wrote:

Forum: UK March 1st 08, 11:06 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By boulder
4 years, it was his own fault your honour !

Since when does running a red light deserve the death penalty ?

Darwinism. Harsh, but true.

Well that is one way of looking at it. I guess the same applies to
motorists who run level...
Forum: UK February 29th 08, 06:55 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By boulder
4 years, it was his own fault your honour !

Just to level things up, heres the comments from the more representative x
section on the beeb web site

You have sent us your comments on this story. Here are a selection:

Jordan Wickington would...
Forum: UK February 22nd 08, 07:31 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 110
Posted By boulder
Incident and police response

"burtthebike" wrote in message
On monday, riding home, daylight, dry, good visibility, I had an
"incident"...
Forum: UK February 19th 08, 07:36 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
Posted By boulder
Sunday Times article on cycling safety.

"Brendan Halpin" wrote in message
Garry from Cork writes:

Interesting. A quick bit of web-searching...
Forum: Social Issues February 8th 08, 09:51 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 28
Posted By boulder
Plastic Floating in the Pacific!

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
http://marine-litter.gpa.unep.org/documents/World's_largest_landfill.pdf
--
(I spent...
Forum: Mountain Biking February 8th 08, 09:51 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 26
Posted By boulder
Plastic Floating in the Pacific!

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
http://marine-litter.gpa.unep.org/documents/World's_largest_landfill.pdf
--
(I spent...
Forum: UK February 3rd 08, 04:47 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By boulder
Bracing & *interesting*

" gave the legs a good work out and a deep-clean of the lungs.

not just the lungs being deep cleaned today, then
Forum: UK February 3rd 08, 01:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By boulder
Driver who killed cyclist told to expect jail.

Had it been a pedestrian just walking, across the road, the same thing
would have happened, but there would be no blame for crossing without
a green man, and no complaints about a pedestrian...
Forum: UK February 2nd 08, 10:32 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By boulder
Driver who killed cyclist told to expect jail.

Yeah! I vote we lock his body up for 6 months - that's what these
people need, a taste of prison, that'll learn him.

And repeat offenders - string em up. Anyone killed twice going
Forum: UK February 2nd 08, 10:30 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By boulder
Driver who killed cyclist told to expect jail.

I also find it disappointing that the Times article on this mentioned
the fact that the cyclist wasn't wearing a helmet.

no, he died of head injuries..
Forum: UK February 2nd 08, 06:46 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By boulder
Driver who killed cyclist told to expect jail.

as the outcomes are so unequal, I doubt that motorists will. Motorists
are likely to just note that the initial cause of the accident was the
action of the cyclist.

But as a motorist, and a...
Forum: UK January 28th 08, 08:34 PM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 192
Posted By boulder
Why fine cyclists for cycling on the pavement?

146 cyclists killed on the roads last year.
0 cyclists killed on pavements.
0 pedestrians killed by cyclists on pavements.
(approximate figures as the government do not make the data...
Forum: UK January 28th 08, 08:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By boulder
Sweet, sweet justice

Pappa Sneeky was cycling around Edinburgh. He stopped at a red light.

Now we all know your talking ******** !
Forum: UK January 27th 08, 02:09 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 25
Posted By boulder
Spanish driver sues dead crash cyclist for damage to his car

Then in that case, your stupid not to be wearing reflective cllothes. Any
self respecting motorist would aim for you deliberately, claim you were
wobbling over the road, and sue

I...
Forum: UK January 27th 08, 12:39 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 25
Posted By boulder
Spanish driver sues dead crash cyclist for damage to his car

providing you were on the pavement, I would say entirely the drivers
fault.

And if I'm walking on a stretch of road that has no pavement, or crossing
side road?

Then in that...
Forum: UK January 27th 08, 11:07 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 25
Posted By boulder
Spanish driver sues dead crash cyclist for damage to his car

p.s. last night I walked to the pub *without reflective clothing*. Given
that the Highway Code recommends this for pedestrians, how liable do you
think I should be if a driver ran me down. ...
Forum: UK January 27th 08, 09:01 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 25
Posted By boulder
Spanish driver sues dead crash cyclist for damage to his car

"The youth had been cycling alone at night without reflective clothing
or a helmet"

its similar to when someone on a bike ignores a red traffic light, goes
down a one way street the wrong...
Forum: UK January 27th 08, 08:58 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By boulder
Let's beat Clarkson!

"Martyn Bolt" wrote in message
There is a petition on Downing St for Clarkson to be PM, let's see id
the one ...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20