Showing results 1 to 25 of 44
Search took 0.51 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dave Lehnen[_2_]
Forum: Techniques July 23rd 12, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 670
Posted By Dave Lehnen[_2_]
Idea for future of electronic gear shift. Beware, contains actual"tech" content.

Duane wrote:
On 07/23/2012 02:19 PM, Dave Lehnen wrote:
Lou Holtman wrote:

I'm not to sensitive for hotspots. That issue is solved with shoes with
a stiff sole and the correct...
Forum: Techniques July 23rd 12, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Lou Holtman wrote:

I'm not to sensitive for hotspots. That issue is solved with shoes with
a stiff sole and the correct positioning for-aft of the cleat. The area
of a Speedplay pedal is not...
Forum: Techniques May 1st 12, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 47
Posted By Dave Lehnen[_2_]
Replacements for Avocet Fasgrips

Lou Holtman wrote:
snip
Does no one in the US run Continental GP4000S? By far the best all round
tire I ever used. Beats Michelin Pro3Race on every aspect.

Lou

Yes, much more puncture and...
Forum: General January 21st 12, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 34
Posted By Dave Lehnen[_2_]
Getting down to 1 bike - what would you pick

SMS wrote:
On 1/20/2012 12:37 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

Oh yeah, I almost forgot: it's heavy.

Besides the cost and weight, the issue is that you really still need a
front derailleur...
Forum: Techniques November 2nd 11, 07:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By Dave Lehnen[_2_]
There's actually a reason for the curve

wrote:
On Wed, 02 Nov 2011 11:38:52 -0600, wrote:

http://www.sterba-bike.cz/fotka/4281/category/museumsfoto?lang=EN

Cheers,

Carl...
Forum: Techniques October 6th 11, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 53
Posted By Dave Lehnen[_2_]
Ultimate low-spoke-count rear wheel

wrote:
unamazing
this is 'invented' about 10 times a year by hapless industrial design
students
heavy, expensive, inefficient, weak

wle

Sure, that's all true. But it...
Forum: Techniques September 13th 11, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 76
Posted By Dave Lehnen[_2_]
OT Back on the Track

Michael Press wrote:
In article
,
Jay wrote:

On Sep 12, 7:54 am,...
Forum: Techniques August 10th 11, 08:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By Dave Lehnen[_2_]
Chain for single gear = 3/32 0r 1/2?

Chalo wrote:
Peter Cole wrote:

I use a 3/32 on my fixed gear, but there's no real reason not to use
1/8, many people do. I might change, since BMX chains are so cheap --
but so are SS...
Forum: Techniques July 21st 11, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 367
Posted By Dave Lehnen[_2_]
Bike stability physics

Joe Riel wrote:
Michael writes:

In ,
Dave wrote:

Michael Press wrote:
In...
Forum: Techniques July 21st 11, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 367
Posted By Dave Lehnen[_2_]
Bike stability physics

Michael Press wrote:
In ,
Dave wrote:

Michael Press wrote:
In ,
Dave...
Forum: Techniques July 20th 11, 11:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 367
Posted By Dave Lehnen[_2_]
Bike stability physics

Michael Press wrote:
In ,
Dave wrote:

Michael Press wrote:
In ,
Dave...
Forum: Techniques July 19th 11, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 367
Posted By Dave Lehnen[_2_]
Bike stability physics

Michael Press wrote:
In ,
Dave wrote:

Michael Press wrote:
In ,
Dave...
Forum: Techniques July 17th 11, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 367
Posted By Dave Lehnen[_2_]
Bike stability physics

Michael Press wrote:
In ,
Dave wrote:

Peter Cole wrote:
snip
The thing that is counter-intuitive is the physics. The...
Forum: Techniques July 15th 11, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 367
Posted By Dave Lehnen[_2_]
Bike stability physics

Peter Cole wrote:
snip
The thing that is counter-intuitive is the physics. The only place you
can apply a force to the combined mass of the rider and bike is at the
contact patch. Starting...
Forum: Techniques May 5th 11, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Dave Lehnen[_2_]
Mad Fiber Road Wheels

Art Harris wrote:
Would you ride on these wheels?

See:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9pjSP97PNc

Art Harris

What happens when the rider ahead kicks up a stone which hits a carbon...
Forum: Techniques March 3rd 11, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 66
Posted By Dave Lehnen[_2_]
Inertia maths help

Joseph S wrote:
On Mar 3, 1:09 pm, john wrote:
On Thu, 3 Mar 2011 02:05:31 -0800 (PST), Joseph S

wrote:
On Feb...
Forum: Techniques February 19th 11, 05:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Dave Lehnen[_2_]
Traction Q's

Joseph S wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks to help from the good folks here on wreck.bikes, I have a nice
monster flywheel equipped trainer for use in sprint training.

While at my buddy's shop making...
Forum: Techniques February 1st 11, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 66
Posted By Dave Lehnen[_2_]
Inertia maths help

On Feb 1, 11:52*am, Joseph S wrote:
On Feb 1, 7:42*pm, Dave Lehnen wrote:

Joseph S wrote:
On Feb 1, 4:07 pm, Joseph...
Forum: Techniques February 1st 11, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 66
Posted By Dave Lehnen[_2_]
Inertia maths help

Joseph S wrote:
On Feb 1, 4:07 pm, Joseph wrote:
On Feb 1, 1:53 am, wrote:

On Jan 31, 1:11 pm, Joseph...
Forum: Techniques January 31st 11, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 66
Posted By Dave Lehnen[_2_]
Inertia maths help

thirty-six wrote:
On Jan 31, 5:21 pm, Dave wrote:
Joseph S wrote:
On Jan 31, 5:48 pm, wrote:
snip

So Ok you can't...
Forum: Techniques January 31st 11, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 66
Posted By Dave Lehnen[_2_]
Inertia maths help

Joseph S wrote:
On Jan 31, 5:48 pm, wrote:
snip

So Ok you can't buy a production flywheel of the correct weight right
now and you want to get on with...
Forum: Techniques January 29th 11, 02:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 66
Posted By Dave Lehnen[_2_]
Inertia maths help

Joseph S wrote:

Well, I'm at least amusing myself here... radius of the roller, not
diameter...

Joseph

I'm probably at fault for the confusion, since I mentioned the ratio of
diameters in...
Forum: Techniques January 28th 11, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 66
Posted By Dave Lehnen[_2_]
Inertia maths help

Joseph S wrote:
Howdy All!

I'm deep in some winter training, and trying to do sprint workouts on
my new Kurt Kinetic Road Machine trainer. It's quite nice, but could
use a bit more inertia....
Forum: Techniques January 26th 11, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 50
Posted By Dave Lehnen[_2_]
Unbelivable - no 28" rim tape

landotter wrote:

The plastic strips have been by far the best product in my experience.
The rubber strips, not so much--and they're designed for single wall
rims, anyway. Can't stand cotton...
Forum: Techniques January 23rd 11, 02:51 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 36
Posted By Dave Lehnen[_2_]
Dumb V brake question

Frank Krygowski wrote: