Showing results 1 to 25 of 64
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jim Harvest[_2_]
Forum: UK November 10th 08, 09:16 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 473
Posted By Jim Harvest[_2_]
Cyclists Dismount Sign

x-no-archive:Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

What is $VENDOR?
Thanks

As in "insert name of vendor here". In this case PC-WARE, who are
sponsors of the Leipzig Gewandhaus Orchestra. ...
Forum: UK November 10th 08, 02:55 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 473
Posted By Jim Harvest[_2_]
Cyclists Dismount Sign

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
I'll leave you lot to argue among yourselves, I'm off to
listen to Rossini courtesy of $VENDOR.

What is $VENDOR?

Thanks
Forum: UK November 10th 08, 02:35 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 42
Posted By Jim Harvest[_2_]
Wheely bad

x-no-archive:Adam Lea wrote:
"Tim Hall" wrote in message
On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 20:26:33 -0000, "Clive...
Forum: UK July 12th 08, 07:39 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Jim Harvest[_2_]
insoluble deraileur problem?

I recently bought a new Galaxy by mail order. It has proved so far to be
more unreliable than my Halfords Apollo which I chucked in a skip after
only 500 miles.

The last few weeks have been...
Forum: UK February 20th 08, 11:18 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
Posted By Jim Harvest[_2_]
Sunday Times article on cycling safety.

x-no-archive:Rob Morley wrote:
In article , Jim Harvest
says...

It would be fair to say that if he cycles for 60 years there...
Forum: UK February 19th 08, 11:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
Posted By Jim Harvest[_2_]
Sunday Times article on cycling safety.

x-no-archive:Ekul Namsob wrote:
Zog The Undeniable wrote:

Peter Fox wrote:

For somebody doing 5000 miles a year this is:
Killed/Seriously injured - 92...
Forum: UK February 18th 08, 05:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 34
Posted By Jim Harvest[_2_]
Perhaps she should have worn a helmet

x-no-archive:Roger Thorpe wrote:
Jim Harvest wrote:

Are they all still with us (other than Sandy Denny)?

There are so many ex-fairports that it's difficult to say, but Martin
Forum: UK February 18th 08, 05:27 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 78
Posted By Jim Harvest[_2_]
OT: Uplift indeed! was waitrose free hire of bike trailers

x-no-archive:Mark T wrote:

I heard that their East Coast accent is closer to Shakespeare's than our
accents are. How on earth they worked that out I'm not sure. Urban myth?

Puritan...
Forum: UK February 17th 08, 05:52 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Jim Harvest[_2_]
Anyone used Kinetics as a supplier?

x-no-archive:Peter Clinch wrote:

I'll second the point about reminders. Ben is getting a bit crap in
this department, to the point where I now get stuff I can get elsewhere
elsewhere if...
Forum: UK February 17th 08, 05:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Jim Harvest[_2_]
Stolen Bike Reister?

x-no-archive:Geoff Cooper wrote:
Good idea
Nobody steals bikes there.
And the people are so friendly to English immigrants....
trouble is, no work ;-/

There is full employment in...
Forum: UK February 17th 08, 04:16 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 78
Posted By Jim Harvest[_2_]
OT: Uplift indeed! was waitrose free hire of bike trailers

x-no-archive:JNugent wrote:
David Hansen wrote:

Incidentally many "American" words, phrases and pronunciations,
which English purists turn their toes up at, originated in Scotland.

Forum: UK February 17th 08, 03:54 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Jim Harvest[_2_]
Stolen Bike Reister?

x-no-archive:
Any other suggestions welcome.

Move to Scotland.
Forum: UK February 17th 08, 11:19 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Jim Harvest[_2_]
In which I get wheely cross...

x-no-archive:
Budstaff wrote:

Lovely piece, Simon. Feeling quite jealous. You've given me an overwhelming
urge to jump on my bike, which I'm just about to gratify!

Indeed, but it...
Forum: UK February 16th 08, 09:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Jim Harvest[_2_]
Anyone used Kinetics as a supplier?

x-no-archive:iarocu wrote:
On 16 Feb, 17:36, Duncan Smith wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has bought stuff from Kinetics recently? I
ordered a Speedhub about a...
Forum: UK February 16th 08, 09:47 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 84
Posted By Jim Harvest[_2_]
List

x-no-archive:Adrian Godwin wrote:
Jim Harvest wrote:
x-no-archive:Andy Leighton wrote:
Oops I think I may have just Godwinned this thread.
Que?

Forum: UK February 15th 08, 09:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 84
Posted By Jim Harvest[_2_]
List

x-no-archive:Andy Leighton wrote:

Oops I think I may have just Godwinned this thread.

Que?
Forum: UK February 15th 08, 09:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 34
Posted By Jim Harvest[_2_]
Perhaps she should have worn a helmet

x-no-archive:Roger Thorpe wrote:
Jim Harvest wrote:

Do you mean Cropredy? Is it still thriving?

Yes I do, and thriving it is.
Forum: UK February 11th 08, 08:16 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 58
Posted By Jim Harvest[_2_]
The Guardian gets it wrong

x-no-archive:Tom Crispin wrote:

Recently I have come in for some criticism from other training
providers for allowing children to take too many risks.

When teaching children to...
Forum: UK February 11th 08, 08:09 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 58
Posted By Jim Harvest[_2_]
The Guardian gets it wrong

x-no-archive:Andy Morris wrote:

I am a parent and I do allow my kids to take risks some people would
witter at me about, such as nag riding, cycling on roads, using public
transport,...
Forum: UK February 10th 08, 11:20 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 58
Posted By Jim Harvest[_2_]
The Guardian gets it wrong

x-no-archive:Tom Crispin wrote:

Quote 2.7.1 is excellent.

Cycling is an inherently healthy activity. In overall terms, the
accident risk of cycling is many times outweighed by the health
Forum: UK February 10th 08, 11:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 58
Posted By Jim Harvest[_2_]
The Guardian gets it wrong

x-no-archive:Pete Biggs wrote:

There is a physical aspect of coloured lanes as well. They tend to use
rougher tarmac that significantly increases tyre rolling resistance. It's
ironic...
Forum: UK February 10th 08, 08:20 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 93
Posted By Jim Harvest[_2_]
Livingstone maps out 12 bicycle 'motorways'

x-no-archive:Tom Crispin wrote:

I have to admit to getting quite excited over what the proposals
tomorrow might reveal.

You could probably do without cynics such as myself dragging you down....
Forum: UK February 10th 08, 08:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 58
Posted By Jim Harvest[_2_]
The Guardian gets it wrong

x-no-archive:Tom Crispin wrote:

This is a good read if you want to know how things may be...
www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/businessandpartners/lcds_chapter2.pdf

Thank you for the...
Forum: UK February 10th 08, 07:18 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 93
Posted By Jim Harvest[_2_]
Livingstone maps out 12 bicycle 'motorways'

x-no-archive:Tom Crispin wrote:

There's a nice example of what I mean here.
http://www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/culdesac
The road on the left is blocked off onto the A2 through south...
Forum: UK February 10th 08, 01:51 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 58
Posted By Jim Harvest[_2_]
The Guardian gets it wrong

x-no-archive:Tom Crispin wrote:

Unwanted by whom?

By me and others who are concerned about maintaining our right of way on
the roads and are concerned that the money could be spent better...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 64