Showing results 1 to 25 of 228
Search took 0.23 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Nick[_7_]
Forum: UK January 16th 10, 03:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 35
Posted By Nick[_7_]
Cost of new racing/performance bikes!

delboy wrote:
On 16 Jan, 11:43, " wrote:
On 16 Jan, 11:12, Ben C wrote:

Why can't you ride them in the rain? Ice is bad, but I've...
Forum: UK December 24th 09, 12:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 75
Posted By Nick[_7_]
Another pavement killer gets off lightly.

Ian Smith wrote:

A good start would be a lifetime driving ban following causing death
or serious injury.

FOLLOWING. Will you stop mucking about and answer the question. Your
Forum: UK December 2nd 09, 02:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 80
Posted By Nick[_7_]
Missing Messages from URCM

Judith M Smith wrote:

15) Mandatory hi-vis. If it flaps about in the wind all the better.
No - registration number MUST be visible - your responsibility.

Is a registration number not a...
Forum: UK November 29th 09, 11:00 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Nick[_7_]
Notice about moderation of uk.rec.cycling.moderated

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 21:32:55 +0000, Tom Crispin
wrote:

Really? I think the score at full time was 128:24 to the...
Forum: UK November 22nd 09, 09:06 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Nick[_7_]
Halfrods bicycle pedals last one month

Bill wrote:
"Mark" wrote in message
rant
Is this a record? I know they are cheap at £11.99 but I...
Forum: UK November 15th 09, 10:33 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 23
Posted By Nick[_7_]
"Are You a Real Cyclist?"

Doug wrote:
On 14 Nov, 12:42, Nick wrote:
Doug wrote:
The reason I start more threads about motoring on URC is to counter
all those anti-cycling threads which keep on...
Forum: UK November 14th 09, 12:42 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 23
Posted By Nick[_7_]
"Are You a Real Cyclist?"

Doug wrote:

The reason I start more threads about motoring on URC is to counter
all those anti-cycling threads which keep on appearing, presumably
from closet motorists here.

I actually...
Forum: UK November 14th 09, 10:49 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 23
Posted By Nick[_7_]
"Are You a Real Cyclist?"

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
soixante-neuf!

I think you meant Fnarr! Fnarr!
Forum: UK November 14th 09, 10:15 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 67
Posted By Nick[_7_]
Schwalbe Marathon Plus

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 18:44:52 +0000, Tom Crispin
wrote:

Last time I managed to fit an M+ with my fingers on a Islabikes...
Forum: UK November 11th 09, 08:26 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.net.news.management
Replies: 20
Posted By Nick[_7_]
urcm It is using urc to do its own job

Alan Braggins wrote:
In article , Tim Dunne wrote:
Trevor A Panther wrote:
I have far more important things to do in the real world than worry...
Forum: UK November 7th 09, 11:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport
Replies: 363
Posted By Nick[_7_]
Cycling KSI up by 19%

Tom Crispin wrote:

You advocate travelling at 50% below the posted limit.

So you think that saying, "There's nothing wrong with wearing sandals
with socks" is synonymous with saying, "I...
Forum: Techniques November 7th 09, 01:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Nick[_7_]
SRAM PC48 Chain Is Now What?

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Just went browsing for some spare chains and it looks like SRAM
has changed their numbering system.

Why dey do dat? Too many customers and they want to reduce...
Forum: UK November 2nd 09, 10:57 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Nick[_7_]
A change in the weather

Trevor A Panther wrote:

Still in shorts and sandals though!

Its perfectly reasonable to wear sandals all year.

Forget helmets, I hope you make a principled stand for a cyclists right
to wear...
Forum: UK October 31st 09, 09:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 148
Posted By Nick[_7_]
Pavement Cyclists - Daily Telegraph

Tom Crispin wrote:

Would you like me to sign it?
Yes plese:
www.britishschoolofcycling.com/tunnel/petition
Complete your details and email the letter to:
Forum: UK October 31st 09, 08:03 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 148
Posted By Nick[_7_]
Pavement Cyclists - Daily Telegraph

Tom Crispin wrote:

Did you sign the petition against closing the Greenwich Foot Tunnel
without a replacement ferry service?

No, not having used it for years I haven't been following the...
Forum: UK October 31st 09, 06:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 148
Posted By Nick[_7_]
Pavement Cyclists - Daily Telegraph

Tom Crispin wrote:
On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 15:40:33 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

Do you prefer The Highway to Cable Street?
Infinitely. The Cable...
Forum: UK October 30th 09, 07:47 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 100
Posted By Nick[_7_]
the other place

Alistair Gunn wrote:
Marc twisted the electrons to say:
It pains me to say this but you are making the judith's arguments for it
as far as the actions of the moderators and Steve Firth's...
Forum: UK October 29th 09, 11:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 100
Posted By Nick[_7_]
the other place

Ian Smith wrote:

As David points out uk.net.news.moderation is the correct place to post
this kind of stuff.

Perhaps it is naive of me to think they will stop returning to the group
and being...
Forum: UK October 29th 09, 11:06 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 100
Posted By Nick[_7_]
the other place

David Hansen wrote:
On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 16:38:29 +0000 (UTC) someone who may be Ian
Smith wrote this:-

I don't say this lightly, but I have reached the conclusion...
Forum: UK October 29th 09, 08:02 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
Posted By Nick[_7_]
Cycling in the Autumn

Trevor A Panther wrote:
I always think that autumn in England is probably the best time of year .
Weather is generally more settled and so often we have what used to be
called an "Indian...
Forum: UK October 28th 09, 09:54 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 100
Posted By Nick[_7_]
the other place

Trevor A Panther wrote:

I am not sure whether I shall rejoin urc. I am thinking about it.

I hope you do.

After the u.r.c.m thing settles down I hope those who remain in u.r.c
will be a...
Forum: UK October 25th 09, 06:09 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.net.news.moderation
Replies: 25
Posted By Nick[_7_]
Appeal of rejected post to uk.rec.cycling.moderated

A.Lee wrote:
Tom Crispin wrote:

[Please leave urc in the newsgroup line in any reply as I do no
subscribe to unnm]

So you are posting off-topic...
Forum: UK October 24th 09, 11:23 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 208
Posted By Nick[_7_]
Goodbye uk.rec.cycling; Helllo U.R.C.moderated

Alistair Gunn wrote:
Nick twisted the electrons to say:
I think the problem with u.r.c has been posters like Jackson, Brooke and
Damerrell

So nothing at all to do with people liek...
Forum: UK October 24th 09, 11:01 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 208
Posted By Nick[_7_]
Goodbye uk.rec.cycling; Helllo U.R.C.moderated

Clive George wrote:
"Nick" wrote in message

But you think it ok to swamp uk.rec.cycling group with your tedious crap.
Forum: UK October 24th 09, 09:06 AM Posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 381
Posted By Nick[_7_]
Who is liable for the damage?

Dr Zoidberg wrote:
"NM" wrote in message
My friend, in Catford strangely enough almost at the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 228