Showing results 1 to 25 of 65
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mike Causer[_2_]
Forum: UK October 15th 09, 07:55 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 97
Posted By Mike Causer[_2_]
RESULT : Create moderated newsgroup uk.rec.cycling.moderatedPASSES

On Oct 15, 11:34*am, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

I take great delight in teaching my Leftpondian chums useful BRITISH
words like "********".

I lived there for six...
Forum: UK October 15th 09, 07:33 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Mike Causer[_2_]
We are not alone

On Oct 15, 6:48*pm, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

Nice domain name, presumably a nod in the direction of P/O Prune of
wartime renown.

Indeed. For those who haven't...
Forum: UK October 15th 09, 06:47 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Mike Causer[_2_]
We are not alone

"The trolls are still being fed."

A moderator of a forum I read recently posted this http://
www.pprune.org/military-aircrew/390335-trolls-still-being-fed.html.
(The links works whether you're a...
Forum: UK October 15th 09, 10:48 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 77
Posted By Mike Causer[_2_]
The Busway

On Oct 15, 9:08*am, wrote:

Good job this isn't cam.misc or I'd have to include a caveat about not
counting parked cars...

But did you count the ones upside down adjacent to...
Forum: UK October 15th 09, 12:37 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By Mike Causer[_2_]
Winter - Warm knees

On Oct 14, 10:04*pm, "Mike Sales"
wrote:
"Mike Causer" wrote *(Alan Braggins) wrote:

Hence the well known warning: you can't have your kayak and heat it.

Forum: UK October 14th 09, 10:03 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By Mike Causer[_2_]
Winter - Warm knees

On Oct 14, 10:39*am, Rob Morley wrote:
On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 10:15:06 +0100

Or try a recumbent. *Your knees are a lot warmer than on an
upright, even though your...
Forum: UK October 14th 09, 10:00 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By Mike Causer[_2_]
Winter - Warm knees

On Oct 14, 6:39*pm, Ian Smith wrote:

Also, recumbents are reputedly harder on the knees, so if the point is
due to marginal knees that get exacerbated by the cold,...
Forum: UK October 14th 09, 09:47 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By Mike Causer[_2_]
Winter - Warm knees

On Oct 14, 6:32*pm, (Alan Braggins) wrote:

Hence the well known warning: you can't have your kayak and heat it.

You are the ghost of Isaac Asimov and ICMFP.

Very...
Forum: UK October 14th 09, 09:39 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By Mike Causer[_2_]
Winter - Warm knees

On Oct 14, 10:16*am, Rob Morley wrote:

A tiny fairing on each pedal? *:-)

With double-sided SPD pedals that would be interesting to design....

Mike
Forum: UK October 14th 09, 09:21 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 77
Posted By Mike Causer[_2_]
The Busway

On Oct 14, 2:58*pm, Phil W Lee phil(at)lee-family(dot)me(dot)uk
wrote:

Yeah, 1102 is not one of the better ones - do you cut across
through Bottisham to the 1303 with it's pavement...
Forum: UK October 14th 09, 08:56 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 77
Posted By Mike Causer[_2_]
The Busway

On Oct 14, 11:10*am, Ben C wrote:

So where's the next bridge going to be?

Across Reach Lode, about half-way long. Where a drove meets it from
both sides. There's only one...
Forum: UK October 14th 09, 09:22 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By Mike Causer[_2_]
Winter - Warm knees

On Oct 14, 8:31*am, (Alan Braggins) wrote:

Or try a recumbent. *Your knees are a lot warmer than on an upright,
even though your feet are colder.

Put a small...
Forum: UK October 14th 09, 09:12 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 77
Posted By Mike Causer[_2_]
The Busway

On Oct 13, 11:58*pm, Phil W Lee phil(at)lee-family(dot)me(dot)uk
wrote:

You are right, but I have taken a friend's kids down the A603 to the
Mullard radio telescope site a few times and to...
Forum: UK October 14th 09, 08:56 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 77
Posted By Mike Causer[_2_]
The Busway

On Oct 13, 10:46*pm, Ben C wrote:

It's a pity because there are tracks and disused railways and things to
get you to Lode from Baits Bite Lock that with a bit of surfacing...
Forum: UK October 13th 09, 10:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By Mike Causer[_2_]
Winter - Warm knees

On Oct 13, 12:07*pm, "Greg" wrote:

Any recomendations for something to keep my knees toasty this year? Do I
have to wear proper trousers rather than tights?

How about...
Forum: UK October 13th 09, 09:56 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 77
Posted By Mike Causer[_2_]
The Busway

On Oct 12, 11:03*pm, chris French
wrote:

I find a real lack of places to go cycling with my kids near us. *Lots
of Cambridgeshire lacks a good network of...
Forum: UK October 13th 09, 09:24 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Replies: 210
Posted By Mike Causer[_2_]
Disabled cyclists.

On Oct 13, 6:44*am, Doug wrote:

Maybe the recumbent is a suitable compromise for platform or pavement
use. The sitting position is reminiscent of a wheelchair and so it has
Forum: UK October 12th 09, 11:51 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 97
Posted By Mike Causer[_2_]
RESULT : Create moderated newsgroup uk.rec.cycling.moderatedPASSES

On Oct 12, 10:30*pm, "Just zis Guy, you know?"

You can't have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!

Hurrah! *The five point bonus for an obscure prog rock reference.

Ivor Cutler --...
Forum: UK October 11th 09, 08:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 64
Posted By Mike Causer[_2_]
Slicks, Treads, Weather

On Oct 11, 6:37*pm, Ben C wrote:

Of course on the rare occasion you get a high-speed corner just right
the front wheels are pointing dead straight ahead and none of...
Forum: UK October 11th 09, 04:09 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 64
Posted By Mike Causer[_2_]
Slicks, Treads, Weather

On Oct 9, 3:04*pm, Ben C wrote:

What's anti-ackerman steering, and what would be the high-speed benefits
of that?

(Ackerman steering-- am I right-- is the thing that...
Forum: UK October 10th 09, 03:40 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 60
Posted By Mike Causer[_2_]
Today I bought.

On Oct 9, 10:50*pm, Marc wrote:
Mike Causer wrote:

No reference to organ doner status? *I've been carrying an organ doner
card since 1977 [1] [2], and have...
Forum: UK October 9th 09, 11:16 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Mike Causer[_2_]
Moulton Repairs

On Oct 9, 10:16*pm, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

Campervan John, who long-time parishoners may
remember, caused a bit of a ruckus, but disappeared when his...
Forum: UK October 9th 09, 10:54 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 60
Posted By Mike Causer[_2_]
Today I bought.

On Oct 9, 6:54*pm, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

My BlackBerry screen has an emergency contact number you can see
without unlocking it. *I was rather dismissive of...
Forum: UK October 9th 09, 10:45 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 60
Posted By Mike Causer[_2_]
Today I bought.

On Oct 9, 4:42*pm, "Simon Mason" wrote:
A road ID bracelet.

http://www.roadid.com/Common/default.aspx

With:
Name and date of birth.
Address and Postcode
Forum: UK October 9th 09, 10:24 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 30
Posted By Mike Causer[_2_]
Another "should have worn a helmet" case

On Oct 9, 2:41*pm, spindrift wrote:

Helmets for pub goers make more sense.

Oh Sh1t!

A few friends are starting a local cycling group -- Burwell, Cambs [1]
-- and one of...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 65