Showing results 1 to 25 of 208
Search took 0.37 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: [email protected][_2_]
Forum: Social Issues April 10th 10, 09:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 1
Bike Valet at Wrigley field

I just learned that Chicago Cubs' Wrigley field is offering bike
valet. This is a pretty good indication that Americans are becoming
more accepting of the bicycling culture.

Even though I'm not a...
Forum: Social Issues March 29th 10, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 0

Hello,

I used to be quite a svelte, trim cyclist until I got older, and
started gaining weight around the midsection (i.e. gut).

I still cycle, at least, 20 miles a day. I eat a pretty healthy,...
Forum: General March 26th 10, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
Curious George writers escaped Nazis on bicycles

On Mar 24, 7:11*am, Mike A Schwab wrote:
If you are in the Chicago area during the exhibit period, consider
stopping by.

Forum: General March 22nd 10, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8

On Mar 21, 12:38*pm, Jobst Brandt wrote:
Tom Sherman wrote:
I'm not surprised at the small, barely noticeable, increase (at
least, in Wisconsin) in bicycle use due to...
Forum: General March 21st 10, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8

I'm not surprised at the small, barely noticeable, increase (at least,
in Wisconsin) in bicycle use due to gasoline prices. I hope it
continues.

Besides the bicycle, I wonder what other methods of...
Forum: Recumbent Biking March 17th 10, 09:49 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 4
Recumbent bikes, and trikes, in the Netherlands?

Recumbents are a pretty rare sight in the U.K.?

U.S. recumbent cyclists are similar to the Dutch. They seem to be
good-natured and friendly to eachother. It's like we're a part of some
secret...
Forum: General March 16th 10, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
50,034

On Mar 16, 10:17*am, (It's Chris) wrote:
That's the mileage on my 1987 Schwinn Voyager frameset after last
Sunday's ride (more than any bike I've owned). Now...
Forum: Recumbent Biking March 9th 10, 10:12 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 4
Recumbent bikes, and trikes, in the Netherlands?

Hello,

Years ago when I went to Amsterdam, I was blown away by the large
number of cyclists. I wasn't a recumbent cyclist then, so I didn't
look for any recumbent cyclists.

Now, I'm a recumbent...
Forum: General March 7th 10, 12:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Tandem speed vs. single-rider speed?

Hello,

I'm sure tandem bikes tend to have a higher speed than single-rider
bikes because there are four legs pedaling it. Yet, the bike has more
weight on it because it holds two people. So, maybe...
Forum: Techniques March 7th 10, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.marketplace,alt.collecting.bicycles,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 3
13th Annual Vintage Bicycle Swap Meet, Sunday 28-MAR-2010,Monson, MA

On Mar 6, 7:58*am, OldRoads wrote:
This swap kicks off the season in the Northeast:
Vendors from 10 states.

The 13th Annual Monson Swap Meet
Sunday, March 28,...
Forum: General February 24th 10, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 9
Bike Brightz lighting system?

On Feb 23, 3:22*pm, Jim A wrote:
wrote:
Hello,

Has anybody had any experience with the Bike Brightz
[www.bikebrightz.com] lighting...
Forum: General February 23rd 10, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 9
Bike Brightz lighting system?

Hello,

Has anybody had any experience with the Bike Brightz
[www.bikebrightz.com] lighting system. Or something similar?

If so, how did you like it?

regards,
Cullen
Forum: Social Issues February 17th 10, 04:06 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 3
New York, Central Park rides?

On Feb 16, 7:43*pm, SMS wrote:
wrote:
Hello,

Have any New York cyclists here ridden in Central Park? I did a little
research on the...
Forum: Social Issues February 17th 10, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 3
New York, Central Park rides?

Hello,

Have any New York cyclists here ridden in Central Park? I did a little
research on the park, and I'm surprised how expansive it is.

Regards,
Cullen Carter
Appleton, WI
Forum: Recumbent Biking February 11th 10, 03:54 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 8
Roundabouts?

On Feb 10, 3:40*pm, "gotbent" wrote:
wrote in message

On Feb 10, 12:50...
Forum: Recumbent Biking February 10th 10, 09:24 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 8
Roundabouts?

On Feb 10, 12:50*pm, "gotbent" wrote:
wrote in message

Hello,

Forum: General February 10th 10, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
VELOnteers

On Feb 9, 4:20*pm, "Mark T. B. Carroll" wrote:
" writes:
This gives me an idea to start my own bike volunteer group, and call
it...
Forum: General February 9th 10, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
VELOnteers

Hey guys,

While doing web search for bicycle volunteer opportunities, I quickly
typed the phrase "Bicycle Volunteers". I had the happy accident, and
misspelled it "VELONTEERS"!

This gives me an...
Forum: Recumbent Biking February 9th 10, 10:48 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 8
Roundabouts?

Hello,

My town, Grand Chute, just installed a roundabout. I'm definitely
going to check it out this spring.

I'm a recumbent tricyclist, so I sit closer to the ground than an
average cyclist.

Have...
Forum: Social Issues February 6th 10, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 4
Chicago's "Bike the Drive"?

On Feb 5, 2:53*pm, Kristian M Zoerhoff
On 2010-02-05, wrote:

Hello,

In Chicago's "Bike the Drive"...
Forum: Recumbent Biking February 6th 10, 05:01 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 0
Sorry, wrong newsgroup...

Hello,

I meant to send that "{BL} Please Forgive Me" post to the Bicycle
Lifestyle group, but it appears I've been banned, and can no longer
access the group.

If any cyclists here belong to the...
Forum: Recumbent Biking February 6th 10, 04:56 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 0
{BL] Please forgive me?

Hello,

I wasn't proselytizing with my recent W.W.J.R. post. I thought it was
just a non-serious, somewhat cycling-related topic.

I'm sorry for offending anybody. That definitely wasn't my intent....
Forum: Social Issues February 5th 10, 07:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 4
Chicago's "Bike the Drive"?

Hello,

In Chicago's "Bike the Drive" [http://bikethedrive.org/] the entire
length of Lake Shore Drive is shut down to automobile traffic, and
opened up to solely bicycles.

I'd like to attend this...
Forum: General February 4th 10, 07:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
W.W.J.R.?

Hello,

When I send out bike-related emails, I usually close it with W.W.J.R.
("what would jesus ride?").

I'm a recumbent tricyclist. So, my answer to the question is a TRIke.
Also, the word trike...
Forum: Recumbent Biking February 3rd 10, 08:42 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 6
Day 6?

On Feb 3, 12:44*pm, Jim A wrote:
wrote:
Is anybody familiar with Day 6 Bicycles:
http://www.day6bicycles.com/index.html

Mercifully, no.

Showing results 1 to 25 of 208