Showing results 1 to 25 of 474
Search took 0.86 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Chrashing
Forum: Unicycling January 1st 09, 08:07 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34
Posted By Chrashing
"Where no MUni has gone before...."

Hello Terry,
Enjoined the special effects, the dialog, the costumes and the ridding
of course.

That zooming across the screen at the beginning really sets
expectations high, you followed through...
Forum: Unicycling December 26th 08, 02:55 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 44
Posted By Chrashing
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

cathwood;1157770 wrote:
Cycling along in the dark the other evening I cycled past a couple
coming out of a house (looking absolutely ridiculous with my helmet
light on and lit up like a...
Forum: Unicycling December 21st 08, 08:48 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By Chrashing
Help Needed: Off centered HUB

rui;1154490 wrote:
Yes, the picture may elude, but I checked before pounding and it was
pushing the inner part of the bearing.

That is very important, thank you.

Glad to hear you thought...
Forum: Unicycling December 21st 08, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By Chrashing
Help Needed: Off centered HUB

If you pound on a bearing again, be sure to use piece of pipe or
something (I've used a deep socket) that has an opening larger than the
axle, but almost as small so the pounding force is to the...
Forum: Unicycling December 17th 08, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Chrashing
Stripped cranks & isis hub

Michaelgoround;1151418 wrote:
If you're using 'this'
(http://unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1238) Isis bolt then you
need an 'allen wrench'
Forum: Unicycling December 14th 08, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 53
Posted By Chrashing
KH / Schlumpf Geared 24" mountain unicycling

I learned to mount my KH 24" guni muni in high gear today. Wasn't bad,
took a dozen tries, but then I got it. I'll have to practice more, but
it's not bad. I don't plan to shift on the fly yet, so...
Forum: Unicycling December 13th 08, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 44
Posted By Chrashing
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

It was a cold 29 F morning today when I was riding the rail trail, so I
had it mostly to myself. About 2 miles in I caught up with family of 5
walking the trail. They were all noisily talking, but as...
Forum: Unicycling December 13th 08, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 26
Posted By Chrashing
Uni Magazine Issue 7 is in the mail!

The buffs are great. Mike turned us on to some great treads with those.
Use mine all summer to avoid sunburn thru the helmet. On cooler days,
keeps my head warm. My balding head appreciates that...
Forum: Unicycling December 12th 08, 06:05 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By Chrashing
How fast is an ungeared 36" for an avg rider

Chrashing;1148304 wrote:

I also like to go slower, a repeating stop and go. Not sure off hand
if it's half or full turn between stopping the wheel.

it's every half turn.
Forum: Unicycling December 12th 08, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By Chrashing
How fast is an ungeared 36" for an avg rider

I cruise my Nimbus 36 at 8-9 mph, peek speed for me is 10mph. I'm
slow.

I also like to go slower, a repeating stop and go. Not sure off hand
if it's half or full turn between stopping the...
Forum: Unicycling December 10th 08, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 44
Posted By Chrashing
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

MuniAddict;1146659 wrote:
Earlier today on the local trail an asian lady was walking her dog, and
when she saw me riding her way (I was still a good 50 YARDS away), she
suddenly reined in her...
Forum: Unicycling December 8th 08, 04:21 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By Chrashing
Check out the seat

that seat, Ouch!

$52 shipping to NY, Ouch!

--
Chrashing

Regards,
Ken
Forum: Unicycling December 6th 08, 03:04 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By Chrashing
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

MuniAddict;1144077 wrote:
I was at a park practicing 180s and 360s off of a picnic table, and lady
walked up and asked, "Does you mother know you're doing this dangerous
stuff?"...
Forum: Unicycling November 30th 08, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Chrashing
Fixing your uni

Get a sturdy plastic, round garbage can, cut roughly 4" deep x 5" wide
piece off the top rim. The cut makes a place for the frame and allows
the wheel to lie flat, centered on the opening of the...
Forum: Unicycling November 28th 08, 02:26 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Chrashing
Brand new broken Schlumpf

Hello Perry, That is a horrible fail.

If I see it right, looks like the end retaining the bearings is sheared
off. In six days? Wow, what kind of riding encouraged this fail? It
must be a defect....
Forum: Unicycling November 27th 08, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 56
Posted By Chrashing
Help! Stuck Schlumpf Shifter Button

If it's friction between the shift buttons and the crank bolt, couldn't
you try shifting without the buttons on the wheel by pushing with a thin
tool to see if the fail disappears. If shifting then...
Forum: Unicycling November 26th 08, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Chrashing
Schlumpf shifting techniques

I'm still learning to ride a KH guni, not ready to try shifting. (The
weather, a bad cold, and work have kept me off the beauty.)
Unfortunately I have bad habit of dragging my heel on the crank arm,...
Forum: Unicycling November 25th 08, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 53
Posted By Chrashing
KH / Schlumpf Geared 24" mountain unicycling

corbin;1138056 wrote:
An advantage of the 26" is more tire options...I definitely want to find
a good smooth tire with some traction for light offroad/fireroad (for
the tour)
Forum: Unicycling November 21st 08, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Chrashing
torque wrench advice

I had used the alternative spec of "very firm hand pressure". Since you
mentioned the 12Nm (8.85 ft lbs), I checked it with a torque wrench, and
8.85 ft lbs is more then I had.

My torque wrench...
Forum: Unicycling November 20th 08, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Chrashing
Guni wheel-build question

Hello Steve,
Glad to read you got your hub arrived.

I'm no expert on wheel building, but have built a few. The method I've
been using do to relieve the stress of the wheel is, when the...
Forum: Unicycling November 16th 08, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 24
Posted By Chrashing
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Forrest Ranger, We were told to bring you in for riding before the trail
opened.

They had grand opening of a trail in Hyde Park NY today. My being a
few minutes early and the only person on a...
Forum: Unicycling November 14th 08, 02:21 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Chrashing
Is Terry here?

I'm tired of re-runs. Where's Terry?

--
Chrashing

Regards,
Ken

I've been flying.......
Forum: Unicycling November 11th 08, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By Chrashing
Gallery of unicycling D'oh's

After waiting 5 months for that KH geared hub, it arrived Thursday.
After work I built up the 24" wheel, Friday night trued and mounted the
wheel in the frame. Things were going so well, it was...
Forum: Unicycling November 2nd 08, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By Chrashing
Poor man's Freeride seat -- uni woodworking exercise

Hello Adam, Hope everything is rolling fine for you and your family.

Yeah, I put the fusion foam and cover on my CFB as well, is great.

--
Chrashing

Regards,
Ken
Forum: Unicycling November 2nd 08, 03:49 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By Chrashing
Poor man's Freeride seat -- uni woodworking exercise

I'm surprised this thread is 2 years old.

I still think the KH Fusion Freeride seat is the most comfortable. I
have one on my Nimbus 36 and have been riding 20-50 miles weekly, and my
knees get...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 474