Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.82 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: (PeteCresswell)
Forum: Techniques May 2nd 18, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
how not to ride your mountain bike in the street.

Per Joerg:
Of course, one always has to ponder where there could be an underlying
deeper cause. Such as booze :-)

http://tinyurl.com/y9tsn3hm
--
Pete Cresswell
Forum: Techniques April 30th 18, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
how not to ride your mountain bike in the street.

Per Joerg:
No, but as Frank said he slipped off the pedal. I believe he slipped off
the left pedal first and that percipitated the fall. He was trying to
pedal harder and may have partially gone...
Forum: Techniques April 7th 18, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Rohloff Speedbone with Chainstay Mounts

Per Tosspot:
I don't particularly want a mungo torque arm if I can get away with it.

I had the same feeling - also with two Rohloff hubs, and I went the SpeedBone
route.

But, for reasons I cannot...
Forum: Techniques January 25th 18, 03:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Electric bike question please

Per Andre Jute:
You also need to look after the battery by recharging it religiously after every ride, no matter how short.

You should also Google the fire hazard aspect of lithium...
Forum: Techniques January 24th 18, 11:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Electric bike question please

Per Bob Newman:
I'm considering getting an electric assist for my road bike by replacing the rear wheel with the assist, the battery would go in my water bottle holder. I would like it to assist me...
Forum: Techniques December 17th 17, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Road Tires: Width vs Speed Penalties?

Per :
Try a conti cyclo-cross tirefrom bike tires direct or universalcycles

Pulled the trigger on one yesterday.

Thanks.
--
Pete Cresswell
Forum: Techniques December 14th 17, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Road Tires: Width vs Speed Penalties?

Per (PeteCresswell):
My rear Schwalbe LandCruiser 40x700 is worn out and I am shopping a
replacement and looking at CompassCycle's slicks.

I settled on one of Schwalbe's offerings:...
Forum: Techniques December 11th 17, 11:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Road Tires: Width vs Speed Penalties?

Per Joerg:
Road bike slicks last 1100-2500mi depending on type and brand. If the
sidewalls hold out that long which isn't always the case.

Would you feel comfortable buying tires with...
Forum: Techniques December 11th 17, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Road Tires: Width vs Speed Penalties?

My rear Schwalbe LandCruiser 40x700 is worn out and I am shopping a
replacement and looking at CompassCycle's slicks.

I always run mild knobs on the front wheel since going "Splat" on a wet
grassy...
Forum: General November 6th 17, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
NY bike path mayhem

Per Joy Beeson:
The only reason for opposing "death penalty" is that we the people
can't delegate authority that we don't have.

Here's one more - which probably means I'm not a "Nice...
Forum: Techniques November 6th 17, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
HILL BOMBING

Per :
https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100000005514287/skateboard-hill-bombing-in-san-francisco.html

Find out some of these guys' names/addresses: great opportunity for
somebody...
Forum: Techniques November 6th 17, 03:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 112
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
NY bike path mayhem

Per jbeattie:
I'm sure Temple Grandin could figure something out.

Bingo !!!... We have a winnah!!
--
Pete Cresswell
Forum: Techniques November 6th 17, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Per AMuzi:
WTF? I suspect you 'misremembered' that.

Tamerlan Trarnayev died of blunt trauma

I was thinking of his brother hiding in the boat and the 20 seconds of
continuous small arms fire...
Forum: Techniques November 4th 17, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 112
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
NY bike path mayhem

Per AMuzi:
The fact that it was not a mortal wound is
accidental. And incidental, actually, as he did stop the
threat to human life which is the standard here.

If that is the case, it's...
Forum: Techniques November 3rd 17, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 112
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
NY bike path mayhem

Per Duane:
Something
about murdering unarmed innocents in order to get into heaven with the
virgins...

After getting...
Forum: Techniques November 3rd 17, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 112
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
NY bike path mayhem

Per Tim McNamara:
Well, we don't know yet if he is a nutcase or what. No doubt more
information will appear; who knows if he will provide anything useful
himself. He did at least leave some...
Forum: Techniques November 1st 17, 10:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 112
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
NY bike path mayhem

Per John B.:
The Bangkok Post has it that "The attacker was taken into custody
after he was shot in the stomach by a New York City policeman, and
neutralised".

It's encouraging that the NY cops,...
Forum: Techniques October 25th 17, 03:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 94
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
To cycle is to live dangerously...[

Per Jeff Liebermann:
Incidentally, at one time, I was into entomophagy, also known as
eating insects:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entomophagy
Most of the world does that, but not the...
Forum: Techniques October 23rd 17, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 108
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Bicycling & health benefits of?

Per :
as well as making the entire forward half of my feet without feeling.

What do you do about keeping your feet on the pedals?

I've been using cage pedals without cleats -...
Forum: Techniques October 22nd 17, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 108
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Bicycling & health benefits of?

Per Joerg:
Area rugs are
the worst floor covering for those folks. One slight tangle into the
edge of a rug and there might be a nasty fall.

Also, the friction between an area rug and a smooth...
Forum: Techniques October 20th 17, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 108
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Bicycling & health benefits of?

Per Andre Jute:
I went off him when I discovered that his idea of a gourmet meal
was a hamburger. He died at 52 while out jogging. Not exactly a recommendation.

I cannot cite, but my recollection...
Forum: Techniques October 19th 17, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 108
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Bicycling & health benefits of?

Per John B.:

As I told Joerg, just wash your feet :-)

I don't buy it when it comes to carpets.

Bare floors, maybe... but feet will still be damp after "Washing" and
that will affect the carpet...
Forum: Techniques October 19th 17, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 108
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Bicycling & health benefits of?

Per Joerg:
Nope. People walking barefoot in places where others do so as well are
the ones getting infected. The risk is usually highest in wet areas.
This is one of the reasons the US miltary...
Forum: Techniques October 16th 17, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 108
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Bicycling & health benefits of?

Per John B.:
The feet are self healing and will grow to
accommodate even black top pavement.

But will my living room carpet grow to accommodate those feet?
--
Pete Cresswell
Forum: Techniques October 16th 17, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 108
Posted By (PeteCresswell)
Bicycling & health benefits of?

Per Joerg:
They say "at least 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity such as
cycling or brisk walking every week" or "75 minutes of vigorous
aerobic activity, such as running or a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500