Showing results 1 to 25 of 493
Search took 0.16 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: vernon
Forum: UK October 24th 07, 01:20 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By vernon
Were bikes always so aesthetically beautiful?

"zzapper" wrote in message
On Oct 24, 8:00 am, "vernon" wrote:
"zzapper"...
Forum: UK October 24th 07, 08:00 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By vernon
Were bikes always so aesthetically beautiful?

"zzapper" wrote in message
Hi
It almost worries me that I get so much pleasure from looking at the
bikes in our...
Forum: UK October 23rd 07, 03:16 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By vernon
Wiggle phone number?

"Peter Fox" wrote in message
TheMgt wrote:
Anyone have a working phone number for Wiggle?
I placed an frame order...
Forum: UK October 22nd 07, 10:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By vernon
School Travel Plans

"Don Whybrow" wrote in message
This is really a cry for help from Tom or Vernon ....

The primary school that my girls go...
Forum: UK October 21st 07, 07:41 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By vernon
Audax 200, South Wales

"D.M. Procida" wrote in
message
I'm thinking of having a go at this:

Forum: UK October 20th 07, 01:34 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By vernon
Is that car insured

"Martin Dann" wrote in message
Steve Walford wrote:
Came across the following website in a trade journal

Forum: UK October 18th 07, 11:13 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By vernon
Final Session With British Cycling

"Tom Crispin" wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 21:38:21 +0100, "vernon"
Forum: UK October 18th 07, 09:45 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By vernon
Slime liner sliced my inner tube

I'd read a warning before buying them about this possibly happening,
but the positive comments on the liners were overwhelming so I'm
shocked that it's true. I doubt I can trust the inner tube...
Forum: UK October 18th 07, 09:38 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By vernon
Final Session With British Cycling

The weather could not have been kinder for the pupils. A nice sunny day.
The numbers for year eight were down but a good core of pupils had attended
all four sessions. The year nine pupils showed...
Forum: UK October 18th 07, 08:18 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 66
Posted By vernon
Why cyclists use the footway.

A Hewden Hirevan cut me up three times in a month laast year. When they
rang our company asking why we havn't used our account for a while I told
the lady.

I don't follow your train of...
Forum: UK October 15th 07, 08:08 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By vernon
MSeries

Incidentally, I've often wondered whether he is the same Martin Series
that used to work for Patrick Schils in the early 90s? Can anyone advise?
And, if this is the case, perhaps someone...
Forum: UK October 12th 07, 09:38 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By vernon
How to talk to non-cyclists

"Danny Colyer" wrote in message
I found this on bikeradar. Invaluable social advice:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2a36xs
Forum: UK October 11th 07, 06:55 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport
Replies: 199
Posted By vernon
The antidote

"DavidR" wrote in message
I went to work on my bike yesterday. In the evening I rode out to visit my
mother.
This made 16 miles...
Forum: UK October 10th 07, 11:52 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By vernon
Snot filled inner tubes - whats the secret ?

"Paul Boyd" usenet.is.worse@plusnet wrote in message
vernon said the following on 10/10/2007 06:52:

Thankfully my son takes more care of his bikes...
Forum: UK October 10th 07, 06:52 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By vernon
Snot filled inner tubes - whats the secret ?

"Pete Biggs" wrote in
message ...
Coyoteboy wrote:

Not sure im following. The idea of the snot is you...
Forum: UK October 9th 07, 10:47 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 11
Posted By vernon
My kids did good.

"Paul Rudin" wrote in message
"vernon" writes:

... eighteen instead of twenty ...

I must admit that I...
Forum: UK October 9th 07, 08:45 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 11
Posted By vernon
My kids did good.

This morning's torrential rain did not auger well for today's sessions with
British Cycling. The coach rang me asking for the use of an empty classroom
because he thought that it was too wet. He...
Forum: UK October 9th 07, 08:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By vernon
13 year sentence for motorist who killed pedestrian

"David Hansen" wrote in message
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/7035248.stm
outlines...
Forum: UK October 9th 07, 08:06 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By vernon
13 year sentence for motorist who killed pedestrian

"Zog The Undeniable" wrote in message
David Martin wrote:

Selby?

Ufton Nervet?

Mornington Crescent?
Forum: UK October 7th 07, 09:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By vernon
Cycle bays - waste of space?

"Ekul Namsob" wrote in message
vernon wrote:

"Marc Brett"...
Forum: UK October 7th 07, 05:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By vernon
Cycle bays - waste of space?

"Marc Brett" wrote in message

I've always thought it'd be a good idea to do a critical mass type of
thing where...
Forum: UK October 7th 07, 12:21 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 36
Posted By vernon
Smooth tyres

"Brian Robertson" wrote in message

What I would like to know is this: I know that I can buy smoother tyres
that are...
Forum: UK October 7th 07, 10:19 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By vernon
First day of cycling activities at school.

"David Martin" wrote in message
On Oct 3, 10:56 pm, "vernon" wrote:
"David...
Forum: UK October 7th 07, 10:08 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By vernon
First day of cycling activities at school.

"Tom Crispin" wrote in message
On Thu, 4 Oct 2007 00:22:57 +0100, "vernon"
Forum: UK October 7th 07, 04:31 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By vernon
Practicalities onna leisure bike ...

"Nick Kew" wrote in message

snip

What seems commonly to be lacking is anywhere to put on
a rack. Now, when I ride for...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 493