Showing results 1 to 25 of 304
Search took 0.38 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Hearns
Forum: UK August 28th 07, 04:27 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24
Posted By John Hearns
Light Theft (solutions — small pocket lights, or heavy duty well secured lights?)

David Johnson wrote:

they're all that good or reliable. So are there any *good* and very
*small* lights suitable for pockets?

Cateye...
Forum: UK August 23rd 07, 07:24 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 31
Posted By John Hearns
London cycle maps launched

Lily wrote:

Can anybody tell me what are the cycle routes in London. Are they
bicycle-only routes, cycle tracks, cycle lanes, bus lanes, shared-use paths,
or merely recommended quiet...
Forum: UK August 19th 07, 11:51 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1,086
Posted By John Hearns
Criminals on TV

Ian D Henden wrote:

Surely, to be calibrated, the speedo has to be checked against equipment at
least ten times as accurate,
Accurate or precise?

and THAT equipment has to be calibrated
Forum: UK August 19th 07, 09:34 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By John Hearns
Gears adjustment in London

Liliana Ziolek wrote:

Looks like the Hackney one would be a good bet for you - depending on
where you live or work of course.

! :) Actually I'm Tower Hamlets (E14, Poplar).
Forum: UK August 18th 07, 09:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By John Hearns
Gears adjustment in London

Liliana Ziolek wrote:
Hello everybody,
I've just moved to London.

ps. If you are new to cycling in London, some boroughs fund discounted
one-to-one cycling lessons for residents or people who...
Forum: UK August 18th 07, 09:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By John Hearns
Gears adjustment in London

Liliana Ziolek wrote:
Hello everybody,
I've just moved to London. As I wanted to commute to work I bought a bike
(new one) on ebay, beeing not wisely enough to buy it in-store ready to
go......
Forum: UK July 25th 07, 02:52 PM Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 34
Posted By John Hearns
And now cycle lane cameras

sweller wrote:
John Hearns wrote:

Advanced Stop Lines are one of the few traffic engineering features
which cyclists say they find useful.

So do motorcyclists. Hey, it says "Bicycle"...
Forum: UK July 25th 07, 10:14 AM Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 34
Posted By John Hearns
And now cycle lane cameras

sweller wrote:
John Hearns wrote:

Motoring types have been moaning about the pesky little peddlars and
their SPAD tendencies for quite a while and enforcement of the cycle
lane rules...
Forum: UK July 25th 07, 08:52 AM Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 34
Posted By John Hearns
And now cycle lane cameras

sweller wrote:
Motoring types have been moaning about the pesky little peddlars and
their SPAD tendencies for quite a while and enforcement of the cycle lane
rules for all parties is going to...
Forum: UK July 24th 07, 08:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 19
Posted By John Hearns
Dunwich Dynamo '07

Pete Whelan wrote:

I ride it like a moth, and follow the tail-lights

A meuth? A meuth raading eye baike?
Forum: UK July 24th 07, 09:24 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 53
Posted By John Hearns
Turning right.

Paul Boyd wrote:

Haggis said that cyclists "do not have to have", not "do not have".
There's an important difference.
Point taken.
Forum: UK July 24th 07, 09:03 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 53
Posted By John Hearns
Turning right.

Haggis McMutton wrote:

Cyclists unlike motorists do not have to have any experience, age or
knowledge of the rules of the road

Err... I have had a full driving licence for 25 years, and...
Forum: UK July 22nd 07, 09:08 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 48
Posted By John Hearns
Traffic lights

Tom Crispin wrote:

As we were using main roads that was not usually a problem. The only
place that was difficult was using the bus lane to turn right onto
Tower Bridge. Regrouping was...
Forum: UK July 21st 07, 08:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 39
Posted By John Hearns
Tut, Tut

The other view point, there is one you know... wrote:

Nah, I know my way around here...

How about you?

So where are your ten news reports today then?
Forum: UK July 21st 07, 07:49 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 39
Posted By John Hearns
Tut, Tut

The other view point, there is one you know... wrote:

Should the cyclist have slowed down then, in anticipation of having to
stop or do cyclists have the right of way?

Should you get lost?
Forum: UK July 21st 07, 12:54 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 39
Posted By John Hearns
Tut, Tut

spindrift wrote:

It was found for sale on e-bay in a damaged condition with no papers
or license plates.

Despicable doesn't even begin to describe this.

After many months of her evading...
Forum: UK July 20th 07, 12:59 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 39
Posted By John Hearns
Tut, Tut

spindrift wrote:

My friend was left dead in the Cromwell Road by a Range Rover driver,

Errr, not the asian Imperial lab technician? I understood they traced
the woman driver who had been...
Forum: UK July 20th 07, 12:45 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 39
Posted By John Hearns
Tut, Tut

spindrift wrote:

Woman who may have been on a cycle lane has bruised arm.

No, she was "mown down"

My friend was left dead in the Cromwell Road by a Range Rover driver,
who sped off. Never...
Forum: UK July 20th 07, 12:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 39
Posted By John Hearns
Tut, Tut

The other view point, there is one you know... wrote:

is this a cycling group or a car group?

A cycling group.
And as someone who has had a dear, dear friend killed on the roads, and
has...
Forum: UK July 20th 07, 12:16 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 39
Posted By John Hearns
Tut, Tut

Around 3500 people die on the roads in the UK every year.

I'm waiting for your ten posts per day.
Forum: UK July 20th 07, 12:13 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 39
Posted By John Hearns
Tut, Tut

The other view point, there is one you know... wrote:
Forum: UK July 18th 07, 09:09 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 23
Posted By John Hearns
Silly cycling article- post feedback please.

Paul Boyd wrote:

What a load of stereo-typed ********! Typically, the red light thing
came up. Do cars in London always obey red lights and other traffic
laws? They certainly don't in...
Forum: UK July 18th 07, 09:07 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 23
Posted By John Hearns
Silly cycling article- post feedback please.

"Joseph Clery drives a van around London for a living, delivering
day-labourers and tools to building sites across the city. He describes
cyclists as "my worst nightmare".

"You never know what...
Forum: UK July 18th 07, 09:03 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 45
Posted By John Hearns
pedal reflectors

Adrian Godwin wrote:

Strips of reflective material along the crank edges would probably be
equally effective and perhaps close enough to the pedal to satisfy all
but the letter of the law....
Forum: UK July 16th 07, 06:59 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 11
Posted By John Hearns
How to free peddles screwed into wrong crank?

Colin Murphy wrote:
Bought a bike off Ebay; advertised as having 'dodgy peddles' and needing
a little work. When ever I've come across 'dodgy peddles' they've been
screwed into the wrong...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 304